this is totally bogus!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=50864

SoulJer

06-01-2007 08:05:21

ive signed up for 4 different sites, did 3 offers and only got credit for 1. now im not getting paid by anyone for signing up under then and im paying alot of $$$ for nothing! WTH? ive read the guides and what to do and so forth, cleaned my cache/cookies, temp internet files, accept all cookies, but still show a big fat zero for offers complete. the only offer that was completed and shows up was true.com. i ordered video prof and advantage language, but they not showing up. i quit before im paying $200 for stuff i dont even want. and not gettting paid by members for signing up under them pisses me off, especially when i do the offers and not get credit! BS!

TFOAF

06-01-2007 08:09:59

Read this http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=41256

And you also have to be patient. It could take up to 14 days for an offer to credit, and if it doesn't credit within that time limit, you can request a manual credit for the offer you completed, by submitting the required documents to the freebie site.

burritopunk

06-01-2007 09:01:36

Depending on the site, video professor could be instant, or take a few days to credit. If an offer doesn't automatically credit, you can always submit for a manual approval according to the terms and conditions of the freebie site you signed up with.

manOFice

06-01-2007 09:05:20

Yeah man you need to calm down. Noobs need to learn it takes patience in this freebie scene. You just have to file for manual credit which can take time, just because it didn't credit instantly doesn't mean give up. Stay in there buddy )

SoulJer

06-01-2007 09:13:25

well i am calm, i just dont like the fact that 1 was instant approval and the others are not? i even already got the confirmation e-mail from the offers saying thank you for your order.

manOFice

06-01-2007 09:16:43

Can't talk about cancelling offers here either. And if you have the order emails...submitt for manual credit.......what site are you doing?

SoulJer

06-01-2007 09:23:23

i dont even know which one i did it for, i think it was on the freegearforme

manOFice

06-01-2007 09:30:25

1st rule of thumb......stay organized.

SoulJer

06-01-2007 09:38:09

anyway...im signing off for today. talk to you all after the weekend, maybe my offers will show up by the end of the weekend.

bballp6699

06-01-2007 09:46:24

No no, THIS is totally bogus..

http//www.skateboard.com.au/forum/profiles/bill.ted.jpg[" alt=""/imgabd1af074d]

TFOAF

06-01-2007 09:53:18

[quotea3f2ab754d="bballp6699"]No no, THIS is totally bogus..

http//www.skateboard.com.au/forum/profiles/bill.ted.jpg[" alt=""/imga3f2ab754d][/quotea3f2ab754d]
That was such an [ia3f2ab754d]excellent[/ia3f2ab754d] movie. P

SoulJer

06-01-2007 12:36:52

yes it was a good movie. but if i can ask anyone that i have signed under to send me a reply with which one i have signed for, i will try to get things in order

jy3

06-01-2007 20:42:49

the easiest way to stay organized is to make a spread sheet or word document with
trader
site
offer done
when done
etc

hairyferry

06-01-2007 20:46:36

I've actually started to write them down on index cards because I had a spredsheet at one time until my computer crashed and I lost all the offers I did with all the other info.

JennyWren

06-01-2007 20:47:33

Definitely - spreadsheets are your friend. Keep all the contact info for things you sign up for, who you traded with, what the terms were and when you signed up, went green, etc.

Weekends can be a little slow for crediting. Things that say "instant" might be a day or two. I usually give any offer at least a couple of days more than it says before worrying too much, even during the week. I know it's really frustrating and I wish that freebie sites would round UP the amount of time it takes to credit, but hey, that's business.

I hope you get your credit soon! Hang in there, trust me, waiting for shipping is much worse than waiting for credit.

ksadowy

06-01-2007 23:39:35

Hey you know, about this staying organized business... I'm trying to figure out how to do it. I see jy3's reply but it just doesn't cut it for me. It seems that the more you get involved, the more individual spreadsheets you need. I mean ya you can keep track of what sites you are a member of and who you signed up under... but then you need to track what offers you did, and for how much, and who's paying you etc... it just seems to me that the more sites you sign up for, and the more offers you do, then the more work is required by you.

Anyone got a simple yet complete/effective resolution?

unknown uchiha

07-01-2007 01:47:17

[quote8d3156312e="SoulJer"]well i am calm, i just dont like the fact that 1 was instant approval and the others are not? i even already got the confirmation e-mail from the offers saying thank you for your order.[/quote8d3156312e]

You're not calm, which is why your topic title is "this is totally bogus!". Something must have happened to mess up crediting. Maybe you missed something, maybe the offers stated that credit would go through within a few days and not instantly, maybe you have to file for manual credit.

[quote8d3156312e="ksadowy"]Hey you know, about this staying organized business... I'm trying to figure out how to do it. I see jy3's reply but it just doesn't cut it for me. It seems that the more you get involved, the more individual spreadsheets you need. I mean ya you can keep track of what sites you are a member of and who you signed up under... but then you need to track what offers you did, and for how much, and who's paying you etc... it just seems to me that the more sites you sign up for, and the more offers you do, then the more work is required by you.

Anyone got a simple yet complete/effective resolution?[/quote8d3156312e]

I personally use a notebook to write everything down. It works for me.

maurios

08-01-2007 07:01:06

[b103134bb23]SoulJer[/color103134bb23][/b103134bb23] is located in Ontario, CANADA. Maybe the offers he signed up for were available in the US only and he was redirected to a different offer available in Canada. That could be the reason of no credit.

By the way, this is a question for the more experienced guys here

If I'm located in Canada, what could be a good way to take advantage of the offers available in US only? What recommendations do you have to get the best of this business if I'm in Canada?

Thanks![/color103134bb23]

manOFice

08-01-2007 07:07:08

Maurios, if you're in Canada, you can only do CA offers...any US offers you can not do.

JennyWren

08-01-2007 07:48:09

I just use one spreadsheet to track everything. One line for each site with who I traded with when I signed up (and what I traded for), what offer I did and when, when it credited, and who I am trading with for referrals. It's easy because then I have one column to look down to see what offers I have already done.

SoulJer

08-01-2007 18:21:25

so basically what you are saying is that Canadians can't do these sites properly, as 90% of all the offers are for US customers.

manOFice

08-01-2007 18:24:15

[quote5f0171aac7="SoulJer"]so basically what you are saying is that Canadians can't do these sites properly, as 90% of all the offers are for US customers.[/quote5f0171aac7]

Just have to examine the offer list before you do a site. There are plenty of Canadians here that do freebies.

KeithA

08-01-2007 19:36:24

If anybody would like a spreadsheet template, please PM me with your email adddress.

dmorris68

08-01-2007 20:52:06

[quoteeef76818e7="SoulJer"]so basically what you are saying is that Canadians can't do these sites properly, as 90% of all the offers are for US customers.[/quoteeef76818e7]
Not to rag on you personally, but sites that do not allow Canadians to participate, or that have only certain offers open to Canadians (or other non-US countries), will almost always very clearly state so either in their Terms or their offer descriptions.

We see lots and lots complaints about various sites that wind up pointing back to a customer's lack of understanding (i.e. actually reading) the site's Terms & Conditions. Lots of issues and misunderstandings like this could be avoided if people just took a bit of time to read the terms of each new network they frequent. This is especially true with newbies to the scene who aren't experienced with how most sites operate.

misterjd

09-01-2007 03:08:41

Noob here, the idea of using a spreadsheet sounds good. Google has a free one you can access from any computer. And you don't have to worry about backups! I use it for work and have never had a problem!

Valkaryrie

09-01-2007 12:45:01

[quote585a7e3dd1="hairyferry"]I've actually started to write them down on index cards because I had a spredsheet at one time until my computer crashed and I lost all the offers I did with all the other info.[/quote585a7e3dd1]

actually i might have a little tip here ) i put it all on a special draft in my email. that way if my comp does crash i could still go to the library or internet cafe and still have everything there ) hope that helps some