POST ALL TRADE MODULE QUESTIONS HERE

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=50802

Penlims

05-01-2007 13:46:52

I have confirmed trades and I am trying to edit my contact info. I keep getting a message saying Failed... What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

jy3

05-01-2007 14:12:34

not sure. what you can do is click edit. then delete everything and click ok.
then do it again but fill in your info.
what browser are u using?

Penlims

05-01-2007 16:05:04

Thanks for your response. When I click edit, this is what I get. I can't even get in to delete anything. I am using IE7.

Failed. This happens for a number of reasons. Some of the more common are
-Trade isn't confirmed
-You pressed cancel
-You attempted to edit a variable unassociated with your username.
Back

getpaid

05-01-2007 20:01:19

I get the same thing,,,,, uug ? bordering on x

TFOAF

05-01-2007 20:50:38

Maybe it's your browser not allowing javascript?

moneymakingmom

05-01-2007 21:59:26

I am trying to initiate a trade with someone and I am getting an error message too. What am I doing wrong or is their something wrong with it?

getpaid

06-01-2007 09:55:59

I use IE and as far as I know it allows java script.... how to know for sure?

tigers3k

06-01-2007 10:10:19

I cant initiate a trade either.
I did get a trade tho but theyhadto initiate it, now I cant edit my trade
Using windows xp with IE 7

ezgreens

07-01-2007 09:03:12

I keep getting the same message myself when I try to edit to add contact info. (I am the receiver of the trade). Wasn't sure what to do about it either. I am also using IE and had all cookies enabled and pop up blockers off.

Thanks for any insight!

theysayjump

07-01-2007 09:12:25

Its' happening alot to a lot of different members. I'm just waiting to hear back from one of the Admins who may know what's causing it.

When we have an answer we'll let you know.

Sorry for the inconvenience. (

biochem411

07-01-2007 09:18:06

Having the same issue here with using IE7. Javascript works fine on other sites. I just don't want my requestors to think I'm leaving them in the dark (although I have changed my status from the drop down menu).

King Kommerce

07-01-2007 09:47:38

I opened my Internet Options in IE7, clicked "Security" and lowered the level to the lowest (Medium).
Then I was able to edit my notes.
IMMEDIATELY afterward, I went back in and set it back to its previous level.

It evidently has something to do with scripts.Hope this solves it for you.

KK

getpaid

07-01-2007 10:00:04

YOU ARE BRILLANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This works like a charm
THANK YOU
G

tigers3k

07-01-2007 13:11:03

Thanks for the tipon the security setting It works!!!!

biochem411

07-01-2007 14:19:21

Yep, works perfectly! Any way to make a permanent fix/alteration for use on this site so we don't have to switch our security settnigs up and down each time? Thanks.

TFOAF

07-01-2007 15:24:27

It has to be your browsers settings on how it handles scripts. ;)

King Kommerce

07-01-2007 15:37:48

[quote6b8d5f1cb7="King Kommerce"]I opened my Internet Options in IE7, clicked "Security" and lowered the level to the lowest (Medium).
Then I was able to edit my notes.
IMMEDIATELY afterward, I went back in and set it back to its previous level.

It evidently has something to do with scripts.Hope this solves it for you.

KK[/quote6b8d5f1cb7]

Again, in Internet options, while you are on the site you want to permanently allow, click on the "Trusted Sites" tab. Make sure the check box about https sites is unchecked.
Set the slider down a bit until you can edit your notes.

This way you can leave your "Internet" tab set as high as you want.

Play with it some to insure you can have high enough security and still edit your notes.
--KK

dmorris68

08-01-2007 20:20:33

Are all of you with problems using IE7? It looks like a majority are.

IE7 is more restrictive by default when it comes to active scripting. There is really nothing we can do from the server side to fix it -- Microsoft has decided that the potential for a security violation due to a malignant script is great enough to warrant a default restriction, and thus leaves it up to you to relax the restrictions.

doylnea

12-01-2007 15:08:29

bump...please use this thread for questions about the trade module...

LDINATALE

15-01-2007 09:14:38

I get the same thing. Can't edit. Get error message. Also can't leave any feedback.

LDINATALE

15-01-2007 09:20:10

[quote940847ae58="dmorris68"]Are all of you with problems using IE7? It looks like a majority are.

IE7 is more restrictive by default when it comes to active scripting. There is really nothing we can do from the server side to fix it -- Microsoft has decided that the potential for a security violation due to a malignant script is great enough to warrant a default restriction, and thus leaves it up to you to relax the restrictions.[/quote940847ae58]
YES

olivia_jo

31-01-2007 07:01:18

I tried to join the http//sidekick3.yourgiftsfree.com/?id=
after i wrote my information, then what is "offer credit???"
do i have to join another site??

KeithA

31-01-2007 08:34:42

olivia_jo, please read the links in the big red box at the upper-left corner hand of your screen.

There is no posting of reflinks here except via PM and in the trade module.

Secondly, yes, you do have to complete an offer to get credit. There is more detail on the process in the Newbie's Guide to Trading.

dmorris68

31-01-2007 08:44:33

[quotea2e183df19="LDINATALE"][quotea2e183df19="dmorris68"]Are all of you with problems using IE7? It looks like a majority are.

IE7 is more restrictive by default when it comes to active scripting. There is really nothing we can do from the server side to fix it -- Microsoft has decided that the potential for a security violation due to a malignant script is great enough to warrant a default restriction, and thus leaves it up to you to relax the restrictions.[/quotea2e183df19]
YES[/quotea2e183df19]
Refer to the instructions posted earlier in this topic about tweaking IE7's JavaScript settings to fix the problem.

rick44

22-02-2007 21:32:58

yea, I'm having the same problem as everyone else, did a couple of trades with Theysayjump, reguested TR, but can't add comments as to how good they went with him.

Thanks Frank will trade with you any time!! D

Rick

moviemadnessman

22-02-2007 21:36:24

rick44 Have you tried lowering your security settings?

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=53375&highlight=ie7%20javascript

See if this helps. Cheers!

rick44

22-02-2007 21:41:16

[quote26f5c96295="moviemadnessman"]rick44 Have you tried lowering your security settings?

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=53375&highlight=ie7%20javascript

See if this helps. Cheers![/quote26f5c96295]

Thanks , I am going to do that tomorrow afternoon. Got to head for bed 5 o'clock am comes too early

Thanks for the info D

Rick

bordstif

11-03-2007 22:15:34

I use ie 7 too, at the bottom of the page it always has an error sign
error "newbiewarning content" is undefined" and I haven't been able to leave feedback. I lowered the security and added to trusted sites but still have error

Sstaceyrae21

28-03-2007 07:41:00

If a trade doesn't work out for one reason or another - when should I should Trade failed as opposed to Request Deletion?
Does either of them affect your TR?

salmonerik

28-03-2007 12:26:34

Today is my first day on this site. My question is regarding the receiver status on the trade module. When I sign up and complete an order, does the site automatically change the status to green or do I change it myself? And if I change it, how do I know when the order is complete?

jonohull

28-03-2007 15:13:18

[quote4ead48d02d="salmonerik"]Today is my first day on this site. My question is regarding the receiver status on the trade module. When I sign up and complete an order, does the site automatically change the status to green or do I change it myself? And if I change it, how do I know when the order is complete?[/quote4ead48d02d]

That's just to let the other person know where you're at. You change it yourself. Once you get paid by the other person after you go green, you change it to "request TR," if one of you has a TR higher than 4. Then you enter feedback for the other person. The trade module tutorial has all this information laid out nicely. Read that again.

bestgreengtr

31-03-2007 12:50:27

x I have been trying all afternoon to answer a pm, and can't seem to get it done. oops

MarkM.

01-04-2007 21:21:32

I'm getting the same thing. Same exact message, "trades not confirmed" or "you hit cancel" or "trying to edit variable not specific to username" or something like that. When you click on it, it sounds like a pop-up has been blocked even though you have pop-up blocker turned off, and I have set to allow all cookies, even gave permission to allow this site on my firewall (which I WILL NOT turn off under any circumstances). Sometimes (usually the first time) when you click on edit, it will show a very quick "pop up" bar at the top saying it is trying to run java script. Sometimes (if your quick) you can catch it and allow but it still does nothing. In fact, my computer has crashed several times trying to do this. I'm not an expert but I have had similar problems in the past and think it has to do with Internet Explorer v7. I was able to make some succesful trades with someone, but when you click on request TR, it says a new window will pop up asking for feedback, you click on OK, and nothing happens or it takes you back to that same message (trades not confirmed,you hit cancel,trying to edit varable not specific to username, etc.) I really hate it and honestley believe its an IE7 problem and am really sick of it. I have had nothing but problems since upgrading to IE7.

Latanya

04-04-2007 16:11:50

Definitely wait until you get paid before you request a trade.

laurelwm

04-04-2007 19:50:46

IE7 has been a problem for many people. Can you run IE6 instead?? Or try Firefox??

laurel

sandra habina

09-04-2007 02:39:13

Mozilla Firefox definitely works for the trade module but not good for doing offers.

moviemadnessman

09-04-2007 10:49:34

[quote907e8d4c10="sandra habina"]Mozilla Firefox definitely works for the trade module but not good for doing offers.[/quote907e8d4c10]
I use Firefox pretty much exclusively, and I have to say that the only offers that haven't credited were offers than noone gets credit for. shrug

Maybe I just get lucky or something ... but yes, Firefox definitely works in the trade module.

johnny8343

09-04-2007 11:31:24

What do the Rules Mean in layman's terms?

Why are people PMing me with offers the first week and asking me to trade when they never give any information about what offers I will have to shell out my pocket or which ones or easier? Why is it against the rules for them to walk me thru any part of the process?

What does you should be able to get 20 offers completed before you start running out of them? HUH? I also seen a post or 2 about people saying that whatever that means?

Read the rules and most of the posts like 6 times, and 50 hours later and a week later still sitting here pretty clueless, wheres the real Help manual?

What is my objective here, to just try to get to TR of 4 and then do my own recruiting AND/OR just scan the trading post and grab the highest Payouts at first to start. I guess I want to start the right way, not just say, ya Im new, and sign up for anything to go Green.

Im just gonna sit here another 8 hours and all my PMs can just wait wait wait, no better yet, see ya tomorrow, im done typing, dont get why people like all this typing, when they have such a thing as Audio IM now. RANT RANT RANT

condra

09-04-2007 12:09:16

[quotecc83f74295="johnny8343"]What do the Rules Mean in layman's terms?

Why are people PMing me with offers the first week and asking me to trade when they never give any information about what offers I will have to shell out my pocket or which ones or easier? Why is it against the rules for them to walk me thru any part of the process?

What does you should be able to get 20 offers completed before you start running out of them? HUH? I also seen a post or 2 about people saying that whatever that means?

Read the rules and most of the posts like 6 times, and 50 hours later and a week later still sitting here pretty clueless, wheres the real Help manual?

What is my objective here, to just try to get to TR of 4 and then do my own recruiting AND/OR just scan the trading post and grab the highest Payouts at first to start. I guess I want to start the right way, not just say, ya Im new, and sign up for anything to go Green.

Im just gonna sit here another 8 hours and all my PMs can just wait wait wait, no better yet, see ya tomorrow, im done typing, dont get why people like all this typing, when they have such a thing as Audio IM now. RANT RANT RANT[/quotecc83f74295]

It is because the sites weren't really made for us , we are innovators, the first to try them. but they were meant for the ''larger'' public sorta speak, who try an offer, then just forget about the site or cannot get the friends they need....that way sites were making profit
and so if someone tells you EXACTLY what offer to do...then it is fraud, as you're supposed to be inTERESTEd in the offer.

and for the 20 offers, there are over 250 different offers. surely you can do 20 sites out of that, especially if you live in the US
D

If you need help, feel free to ask

jmarie

10-04-2007 09:21:14

I use ie 7 too, at the bottom of the page it always has an error sign
error "newbiewarning content" is undefined" and I haven't been able to leave feedback. I lowered the security and added to trusted sites but still have error

Hi- did you ever get an answer to this? I didn't see one. I'm getting that message also. So far, no problems, but I am not even quite finished with my first trade, so haven't given feedback.
Thanks,
J.

ASharpEdge

14-04-2007 07:26:42

I had the same problem it was Internet Explorer 7!
if you have that that is the problem

what you can do is download firefox and install that right one your computer with IE7, they can run side by side! If you do not want to change your IE7 settings.

just use firefox for doing you link editing then use IE7 for your doing greens so you do not have a problem!

If I have helped you maybe you could toss a little Karma my way?

ldybug1752

15-04-2007 12:36:33

oops I'm doing a trade with a newbie, who has been changing the drop down in the Trade Module just fine, but if they Request TR and then change it back to Offer Completed, and I Requested TR after they did, and then saw that they changed it back to Offer Completed, will the TR still get credited or should they Request TR again? I hope that makes sense roll Thanks in advance!

moviemadnessman

15-04-2007 14:11:19

[quotec460b5da0d="ldybug1752"]oops I'm doing a trade with a newbie, who has been changing the drop down in the Trade Module just fine, but if they Request TR and then change it back to Offer Completed, and I Requested TR after they did, and then saw that they changed it back to Offer Completed, will the TR still get credited or should they Request TR again? I hope that makes sense roll Thanks in advance![/quotec460b5da0d]
You both have to be set to "Request TR" in order to get it. So it sounds like they need to switch back.

psorra

28-04-2007 17:25:38

Hi-- I had the same frustrating problem until I downloaded firefox and used it as the browser. No problems since then.

skepticalcynic

02-05-2007 10:45:35

I'm negotiating a trade with someone who is on opposite hours from when I am. If I set up a trade and the other person changes his mind, can they just request deletion instead of confirming it?

petieroman

24-05-2007 21:52:28

Can "gone red" be added to the drop down menu in the trade modual?

laurelwm

25-05-2007 12:44:28

[quotebbebcb30d8="petieroman"]Can "gone red" be added to the drop down menu in the trade modual?[/quotebbebcb30d8]

Why??????

moviemadnessman

25-05-2007 12:48:44

[quote6a4241a321="laurelwm"][quote6a4241a321="petieroman"]Can "gone red" be added to the drop down menu in the trade modual?[/quote6a4241a321]

Why??????[/quote6a4241a321]No, wait ... it could actually be brilliant. If there was a "Other Gone Red" or "Other didn't pay" dropdown, then it could be used to maybe alert the mods of a possible scammer, and that in turn could be used to warn the other users of this beloved forum. I could also see how that could be potentially abused, however, but it is definitely an interesting thought, no?

laurelwm

25-05-2007 12:53:16

[quotec9b0449b44="moviemadnessman"][quotec9b0449b44="laurelwm"][quotec9b0449b44="petieroman"]Can "gone red" be added to the drop down menu in the trade modual?[/quotec9b0449b44]

Why??????[/quotec9b0449b44]No, wait ... it could actually be brilliant. If there was a "Other Gone Red" or "Other didn't pay" dropdown, then it could be used to maybe alert the mods of a possible scammer, and that in turn could be used to warn the other users of this beloved forum. I could also see how that could be potentially abused, however, but it is definitely an interesting thought, no?[/quotec9b0449b44]

Sure, if it says "Other gone red" or something to that extent. I just couldn't figure out what use "Gone red" would be............

moviemadnessman

25-05-2007 12:56:42

shrug I just assumed that he meant it as "[other] Gone Red". I saw where the confusion was, though ... hence my previous post ). But I do think it could be a useful addition, although I don't think it would be attempted until some of the other upgrades happen.

islergreen

02-06-2007 19:39:55

hello all-

I am using IE7 and took the advice to lower my security settings for the trade module but I am still getting an error message. Any other advice?

mpossable

26-06-2007 11:52:35

Um, newbie question...I made the mistake of agreeing to a trade before having checked out the freebie site, and I find that this site is very difficult to get a credit on. Can I request the trade to be deleted because I feel unable to complete it, and if I can and do, are there negative consequences?

moviemadnessman

27-06-2007 05:27:04

[quote227ed57cf1="mpossable"]Um, newbie question...I made the mistake of agreeing to a trade before having checked out the freebie site, and I find that this site is very difficult to get a credit on. Can I request the trade to be deleted because I feel unable to complete it, and if I can and do, are there negative consequences?[/quote227ed57cf1]You should contact the person you are trading with and let them know, because that's the proper thing to do. And there isn't any negative consequences in canceling a trade, at least none involved with the site, anyway.

smallvilleproject

06-07-2007 22:44:35

I successfully completed 3 trades with shakamd, we both requested TR's and left our comments, well i viewed his page, my comments are there, and i viewed my page, and his comments for me arent, although my comments for him were posted, we both havent recieved our points. Someone please PM me with whats going on, and these trades were all completed on July 4th, It is now July 7th. Whats Up? PM me please.

moviemadnessman

07-07-2007 09:31:08

@Smallville Were they trades for NoCC sites? And are you both still set to "Requesting TR"?

shakamd

08-07-2007 00:41:36

No, they were trades for regular sites (like trainn), and we're both set to Requesting TR.

CollidgeGraduit

08-07-2007 05:22:33

It's called patience, folks. The mods all have regular full-time jobs, and we're trying to enjoy the summer just like everyone else. We get to crediting TR when we can.

mslovesme

15-07-2007 15:36:33

Ok SERIOUSLY ?

Three things...

1)I have not been able to leave feedback when I change to TR requested. I have tried completely disabling my pop up blocker.. adding FIPG to my safe sites, changing my internet zones etc... NOTHING.

2) I have been waiting on credit for a trade for a few days now.. does it normally take this long?

And also...
3) My last trade I tried to enter my new paypal info and it would not let me.??

oops There is just sooo much to learn LOL

Anyone have any answers?

Thanks guys!

moviemadnessman

16-07-2007 06:22:05

@msloves (and anyone for that matter)

[quote38109788e3="moviemadnessman"]Here are possible solutions.

1. Make FiPG a trusted site.
2. Lower your security settings enough so that you can edit the info. Try medium, and drop as needed.
3. Disable your popup blockers temporarily.
4. Allow cookies.
5. Or my favorite, get and use Firefox http//www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

I hope these help.[/quote38109788e3]

jass63

29-07-2007 07:33:02

Why my sign in page for the trade does not show the submit button ,I am using IE browser.Is that anything to do with my browser setting.Is any one konw how to fix it? Thank you.

KeithA

31-07-2007 17:00:15

[quotef3f3691147="jass63"]Why my sign in page for the trade does not show the submit button ,I am using IE browser.Is that anything to do with my browser setting.Is any one konw how to fix it? Thank you.[/quotef3f3691147]

This entire thread is about that very question, and the post directly preceding yours answers it in detail.

I am also inclined to mention lolcats again, but I'm ashamed to perpetuate that meme.

finsfan07

10-10-2007 09:29:04

Hmm i was wondering if i could get TR manually credit, since i traded with a user a while back, paid him and he went green and it was a good trade, but his been banned since, and i really wanna build my TR here.

skepticalcynic

10-10-2007 10:00:52

Unfortunately, I don't believe that's a possibility. (

laurelwm

15-10-2007 05:08:51

[quote5f79f3a4f3="finsfan07"]Hmm i was wondering if i could get TR manually credit, since i traded with a user a while back, paid him and he went green and it was a good trade, but his been banned since, and i really wanna build my TR here.[/quote5f79f3a4f3]

Not possible. I have about 8-10 trades that were completed successfully but the trader never came back and requested TR. When I asked about it, I was told it was impossible because without the other trader's input they have no way of knowing if we completed it or not.

Sorry.

Laurel

HeavenOnEarth

08-11-2007 19:16:52

Having a problem getting a trade to go thru ( any help would be great!

Initiated the trade just fine... person did great, fast green, we went to wrap up the trade, and request TR and it says the trade was never confirmed? I get this msg when trying to to request TR

-Trade isn't confirmed
-You pressed cancel

any suggestions? We've tried this twice now with no success (

CollidgeGraduit

08-11-2007 19:20:45

It's been answered a couple of times in this very thread.. scroll up

Bluegolfusa

03-12-2007 13:52:12

Thanks for the link from the other thread, very helpful!

Jewer

09-12-2007 09:30:44

Is there any offers that can be completed without the need of a credit card using paypal or something like that?

Thanks

ButtrflyFluttrs

29-06-2008 09:55:37

I am new to this forum and I have several trades in the trade manger that are set to request TR on both ends. I know that the Mods are very busy, Is there a normal time frame as to when they get credited? Just Curious.

TravMan162

29-06-2008 14:07:37

it usually takes 1-3 days i've noticed.

babetran

10-07-2008 21:23:20

It kept giving me this error when I tried to initiate trade.

Failed. This can happen for several reasons
- You tried to initiate a trade with yourself
- You included a link in the subject (add it later in the "notes" field)
- Your subject was too short. Make it meaningful.
Back

Help!

CollidgeGraduit

11-07-2008 16:07:35

[quote942d5aa70e="babetran"]It kept giving me this error when I tried to initiate trade.

Failed. This can happen for several reasons
- You tried to initiate a trade with yourself
- You included a link in the subject (add it later in the "notes" field)
- Your subject was too short. Make it meaningful.
Back

Help![/quote942d5aa70e]

[quote942d5aa70e="CollidgeGraduit"]It's been answered a couple of times in this very thread.. scroll up[/quote942d5aa70e]

mv740

19-08-2008 12:47:20

welll i traded with tanishiaj ( he ddid a green i paid him ) we both requested Tr , we waited a couple of days, and then it got denied
by the i could even enter feedback for him but he could ( it written on my page )

so in the end no tr for both but i still received his feedback

zr2152

19-08-2008 22:39:53

you need to trade with someone who has a TR over 4 to receive TR credit

babetran

20-08-2008 08:41:42

[quote68f4bbbf1e="Penlims"]Thanks for your response. When I click edit, this is what I get. I can't even get in to delete anything. I am using IE7.

-Trade isn't confirmed
-You pressed cancel
Back[/quote68f4bbbf1e]

I see majority experienced this issue with IE. But I have this issue with Firefox. Any idea?

mv740

20-08-2008 12:55:40

welll the member is over 4tr lol i know the rules he has 9tr so i dont understanding

well i am waiting to hear from a mod...

moviemadnessman

20-08-2008 22:53:22

Was it for a NoCC site? They won't count for your TR (at least, they didn't used to).

mv740

21-08-2008 03:05:59

no it was yournanoipod4free trainn's site