Question about PayPal

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=50386

jayhay

30-12-2006 15:51:50

Anyone out there does anyone recommend that a PayPal account be upgraded to 'premier' or 'business' if frequent transactions are made on this trade post?

-another newb

dhru1405

30-12-2006 16:08:36

This should not be in this section of the site

THIS IS A TRADING SECTION. THIS IS OFF TOPIC

KeithA

30-12-2006 19:22:48

[quotee436c1d28c="dhru1405"]This should not be in this section of the site

THIS IS A TRADING SECTION. THIS IS OFF TOPIC[/quotee436c1d28c]

Actually, Off Topic is not a trading section.

Additionally, the correct section for the post would have been the Help section (where I have moved it). That's also where you can ask how you should properly use your caps lock.

Thanks for trying to help, but in the future just report the post or PM a mod instead of berating a noob.

ilanbg

30-12-2006 19:31:54

[i9ebf07aff9]Anyway[/i9ebf07aff9], yes, you may want to upgrade to 'premier' after you get the hang of trading; it removes a lot of limitations.

That said, I'm sure a lot of vets still use the basic account without problems.

KeithA

30-12-2006 19:40:57

Are premier account holders subject to different fees than basic account holders?

dmorris68

30-12-2006 19:42:17

You can also have both a Personal and a Premier account. The Premier account will be a requirement to trade with some people, as it indicates a somewhat higher level of responsibility. It also removes the limitations of the Personal account. If you were to sell something big (or several items) on eBay, or cashout big at one freebie site, you could max out your Personal account's monthly limit and not be able to receive more payments until the next month. OTOH the Personal account is fee-free (though you can't accept CC payments), so some people use their Personal account for lots of small transactions, like ref trading (as long as the other party doesn't require Premier), and use their Premier accounts for eBay and bigger stuff.

[quote551f33f682="KeithA"]Are premier account holders subject to different fees than basic account holders?[/quote551f33f682]
You posted while I was typing. ) Yes, Personal accounts don't pay fees. However they're limited to a fixed amount of funds per month, and cannot receive CC payments.