GiftCards to complete offers

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=50359

Mr. ChEkO StIcK

30-12-2006 11:08:16

Hey guys, I am thinkin about ordering a Visa or Simon GiftCard online to complete some offer. But will this work for most site/offers?

mistertomlinson

30-12-2006 15:07:25

As far as i know, it'll work with ALL sites, however it's the OFFERS that may be a little picky. I have noticed that some offers require the card to be "registered," which can usualy be done online. Meaning, the card actually has to be registered in someone's name and address... etc. I have been using my debit card but just recently got charged $90 by god damned Himalaya Green Tea...

Mr. ChEkO StIcK

30-12-2006 15:13:28

Ya see I dont wont stuff like that to happen like i get charge alot of money and they dont credit my card back..

Daggoth

30-12-2006 17:21:48

[quote94a4dee275="Mr. ChEkO StIcK"]Ya see I dont wont stuff like that to happen like i get charge alot of money and they dont credit my card back..[/quote94a4dee275]

Sometimes sites put "pending" charges on credit cards to make sure you have money on it. For example, if you have a $20 gift card and do the Pricestore offer, then the site puts a $16 pending charge, leaving you with $4. After a few days, it will go away, and the $16 will be put back on the card. In the case you attempt to do Pricestore with $4 on the giftcard, then it will not work, since the pending charge does not go through.

mistertomlinson

30-12-2006 18:57:21

[quote02195a792c="Daggoth"][quote02195a792c="Mr. ChEkO StIcK"]Ya see I dont wont stuff like that to happen like i get charge alot of money and they dont credit my card back..[/quote02195a792c]

Sometimes sites put "pending" charges on credit cards to make sure you have money on it. For example, if you have a $20 gift card and do the Pricestore offer, then the site puts a $16 pending charge, leaving you with $4. After a few days, it will go away, and the $16 will be put back on the card. In the case you attempt to do Pricestore with $4 on the giftcard, then it will not work, since the pending charge does not go through.[/quote02195a792c]

Oops... I forgot to mention that... holds. Gotta watch out for that. A friend of mine did 4 offers for Brandarama a while ago (his first freebie site) costing him less than $10 but his card balance was at less than a dollar... he didn't understand what happened until I had explained to him a hold was place on his account. But if I remember correctly, holds expire in 7 days...

As for the Himalaya Green Tea... I'll get my god damned money bacK! $90 is a lot of money and I will take this as far as is necesary. I have sent an email and am returning the pills Monday (Tuesday if the PO is closed for New Years) and will probably be calling them as well. If that doesn't work, Visa will be getting a call from me and I will be reporting a fruadulant charge. I hear they will give you a charge back. If for some reason that doesn't work, I got some googling to do. I'll find out where the next level is...