Question about Paypal recieve limit

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=49721

DCoop

14-12-2006 10:16:58

I see the receive limit for a personal paypal account is $500USD/month.... how strict are they about this, and is $500 under the limit or is it considered over?

Say, I was to receive two $250 payments from trainn within the same month (or $500 from the desktops site), would that be ok, or do I need to keep it UNDER $500?

UniPrize Media

14-12-2006 15:05:36

You can receive up to $500 but if you try to get more than that it will not let you unless you upgrade. I am not sure if you are aware of this but you can have two accounts with Paypal. So you can have one personal account and one premier account. Good luck!

Ti

DCoop

14-12-2006 16:27:48

No, I wasn't aware you could have two accounts..... I figured that would be a violation of their ToS. Also figured it would block linking a CC of bank account to multiple accounts.
Good to hear it is up to and including $500.
I've heard that paypal has put holds on freebie users paypal accounts in the past for "suspicious activity" without them reaching the $500 limit. Any idea how widespread that is?

UniPrize Media

14-12-2006 16:44:49

[quoted5fb43a695="DCoop"]No, I wasn't aware you could have two accounts..... I figured that would be a violation of their ToS. Also figured it would block linking a CC of bank account to multiple accounts.
Good to hear it is up to and including $500.
I've heard that paypal has put holds on freebie users paypal accounts in the past for "suspicious activity" without them reaching the $500 limit. Any idea how widespread that is?[/quoted5fb43a695]

I am not sure on this but I don't think it blocks you for the bank account duplicates, I think it does that for the CC duplicates.

I have not heard of Paypal putting freebie users on hold for no reason. Where did read that?

-Ti