I'm in a trade, other went green but then disappeared

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=48540

Excel

17-11-2006 23:34:54

Umm... this was kind of an interesting situation. Green Lazer signed up for my gadgets.giftsinn in early October. He had to hassle with getting manual credit, so about Oct 25ish he finally greened. I was to do his Trainn nanoipod4free or w/e it is. I PMed him with a question I had on October 29. He never replied, and I checked the outbox and I see he hadn't even read it. On Nov. 7 I sent him another PM asking where he disappeared of to. Still no reply, and he didn't check that one either. Another thing to note is that this guy only had like 1 TR. So now I'm in a predicament.

I want to sign up for Trainn's nano site, however if this guy just disappeared, of course I would rather sign up for trade or paypal. What should I do?

jy3

18-11-2006 07:46:38

well, if he green for you and disappeared it doesnt matter. he greened for you. is his link still in the module?
if so i think that you should green for him.

zr2152

18-11-2006 19:39:26

what if he disappeared because he is already done with the site? Then it would be a waste to complete it for him. ALthough, you still do owe him a green or something, I would wait to see if he replies.

Wasnt there a new rule about a trade being cancelled if there is no response from one of the users after like 2 weeks?

JordanE

19-11-2006 20:49:47

My feelings on this would be that you owe him the green. If he did his half.

Daggoth

19-11-2006 20:57:19

No, there was a rule made a few months ago that stated something like this

If you lose contact with a user for two weeks, you can cancel the trade by warning about cancelling the trade every few days of the two weeks (ie the 1st, 7th, 9th, 13th day), and if he or she does not respond, then you can cancel the trade.

jy3

20-11-2006 06:39:43

[quote380cd16b61="Daggoth"]No, there was a rule made a few months ago that stated something like this

If you lose contact with a user for two weeks, you can cancel the trade by warning about cancelling the trade every few days of the two weeks (ie the 1st, 7th, 9th, 13th day), and if he or she does not respond, then you can cancel the trade.[/quote380cd16b61]

EXCEPT in the case of them already greening for you. maybe he is on vacation. I would suggest letting the trade site until you hear from the person. u do not have to green right away, as you are awaiting confirmation. Even if the person does not need your green, you should pay them fair asking price or work something out. Maybe one of the mods can give u the email addy they registered with OR you can email them at the email they registered under for ur site

Buster389

20-11-2006 16:29:13

i would just wait and see if he ever comes back. If after a month or two i guess you could cancel it if he never comes back. And if he ever does come back im sure you could work something out