New to the Realm of FREE sites!!!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=43419

DrVortex

23-07-2006 20:01:48

Hello Fellow Members,

I would like to introduce myself as a new member to this type of service or so-called FREE stuff. I'm a skeptic person in general but often take chances and try new things. I did plenty of reading on several forums regarding FREE stuff and $$$ by filling out survey's and trying trial products and such. I still would like some feedback and clarification before jumping in on this. I have listed several questions that I greatly appreciate some response for.

1. I have seen there are TONS of websites regarding free stuff and all. The procedures are about the same and all but one thing that has me puzzled. Are the offers on each site the same? For example, on site A there is an offer 1...would that same offer be listed on site B? If I'm not mistaken, several of you have accounts at several sites. Just curious on that.

2. I have noticed some of the lingo that you all use. Trying to understand that and did get some clarification reading the FAQ on this site. One thing I would like to get spun up on is when someone asks for a ref link. I think this means that someone would like to get a referral so they can reach the limit for a free prize. Is this correct? For example, I need 3 referrals to get an iPod. Does that mean I have to signup 3 people and they have to go "green" (meaning getting credit of somesort), then that will count as a referral. Get a total of 3 then I get the iPod. Correct or not?

3. As I can tell there are many offers that don't require a credit card or no purchasing but those offers give back less than $5 / offer. I did see some other offers that you must pay a particular amount for a trial account, or get results (such as Tickle) then you get credit for it and the amount goes into your account. I would like to make sure I'm on the right track w/ this. For example, I do a Tickle survey and by the results for $5, then in turn I get credit for it and recieve $14 into my account. I can only do one Tickle survey per week. In order to recieve the $14 I must pay the $5 to get the results. In the long run, I gained $9 for doing the survey. Did I get that correct?

Another example, I seen some offers that I pay $40 but only get $20 credit. Is it because I get a product or something at a discounted rate in the long run? Just would like to fully understand the process on how this works.

I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future. Guess I need to start-up an account and go from there. It's that I have a ton of accounts for many other things out there and creating more accounts to try and keep track of is going to be difficult. I have seen there is alot of competition out there for many of these sites. I'm assuming all the sites have tabs in all the free offers out there so pick a site and stick w/ one or two. But lets say I choose two sites...site A and B. If on site A I choose an offer and on site B the same offer exists...I can only do it once....right? What I'm guessing is the offer is on another website but the site A and B are just avenues of getting to the site w/ the offer. Is that an accurate statement?

Ok...that is enough rambling for right now. I hope I didn't come off to weird or ask dumb questions. This will greatly help me decide if I want to venture into this type of activity. I don't have a TON of time available but when I'm online, I'd rather do something to make a difference instead of just wasting time and gaining nothing. Thanks in advance for your time to answer and help me make a decision.

Sincerely,

JP

Peinecone

23-07-2006 20:57:36

[quote2cf0a82e0e]
1. I have seen there are TONS of websites regarding free stuff and all. The procedures are about the same and all but one thing that has me puzzled. Are the offers on each site the same? For example, on site A there is an offer 1...would that same offer be listed on site B? If I'm not mistaken, several of you have accounts at several sites. Just curious on that.[/quote2cf0a82e0e]
Most of the sites have the same offers, or at least some are the same. You can have 1 account on each of the "free" sites, but you can only do an offer once.

[quote2cf0a82e0e]
2. I have noticed some of the lingo that you all use. Trying to understand that and did get some clarification reading the FAQ on this site. One thing I would like to get spun up on is when someone asks for a ref link. I think this means that someone would like to get a referral so they can reach the limit for a free prize. Is this correct? For example, I need 3 referrals to get an iPod. Does that mean I have to signup 3 people and they have to go "green" (meaning getting credit of somesort), then that will count as a referral. Get a total of 3 then I get the iPod. Correct or not?[/quote2cf0a82e0e] Correct. "Going Green," means getting credit for doing an offer. "Going Yellow," means signing up using a "ref link", but not doing an offer, or not receiveing credit yet.

[quote2cf0a82e0e]3. As I can tell there are many offers that don't require a credit card or no purchasing but those offers give back less than $5 / offer. I did see some other offers that you must pay a particular amount for a trial account, or get results (such as Tickle) then you get credit for it and the amount goes into your account. I would like to make sure I'm on the right track w/ this. For example, I do a Tickle survey and by the results for $5, then in turn I get credit for it and recieve $14 into my account. I can only do one Tickle survey per week. In order to recieve the $14 I must pay the $5 to get the results. In the long run, I gained $9 for doing the survey. Did I get that correct?[/quote2cf0a82e0e]
Correct for sites that pay per offer. For refferal sites, you would recieve 1 credit for the offer (or 1/2 credit on some sites.)

[quote2cf0a82e0e]Another example, I seen some offers that I pay $40 but only get $20 credit. Is it because I get a product or something at a discounted rate in the long run? Just would like to fully understand the process on how this works.[/quote2cf0a82e0e]
These offers usually have easy return policies. Or they just are not practical unless you really want the product.

Do the research on the site before signing up. And never sign up for a site unless you are using someone's ref link. Usually, someone will pay you to use their link, and "go green." Then you are signed up, and can start getting your own refferals. Look around the forums, and the trading threads. Picking which sites to complete is important. I recommend not doing the sites that everyone has done (ie FreeiPods, YourFreeVideoiPods...)

OldManWrigley

24-07-2006 07:04:02

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=39641

DrVortex

24-07-2006 09:27:49

Thanks Peinecone. One other question. What do you mean by signing up under someone's ref link. They get a referral credit if I sign up under their name so they can get close to getting the product or whatever? How do I get people to sign up under me...my friends I assume. So, how do you keep track of where you signed up and haven't yet and to whom to request a trade from? Sounds very complicated to me but better explaination would be great. Thanks man.

Mewcha

24-07-2006 09:59:59

You got what a ref link was. And where you signed up and stuff you have to keep track by yourself. I accidently made 2 accounts on a site and my account is now on hold after spending 5 dollars. I also would like to know if there is a simple way to know if you've signed up under a site.

Peinecone

24-07-2006 11:05:21

A lot of people make a spreadsheet of the sites they do, and offer they complete.

You can get refs after you are signed up for a site. The site will give you an indiviual link, that you give to your freinds.

All trades are up for grabs. You can either make a post saying you want to trade, or find someone else's thread and reply to it. Be sure to read the rules of the forum about trading before you start though.

DrVortex

24-07-2006 15:12:48

OK.

Here we go. Where shall I begin. If I want a FusionCash account, I need to find someone that has one and use their ref link to signup therefore they will get the referral credit. I need to start somewhere so people help me out and I guess PM me some ref links so I can start my ref library.

Jason

jy3

24-07-2006 15:42:25

u can post in the trading forum that u are looking to sign up for fusioncash