noobish questions?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=42794

sonicm

11-07-2006 20:49:01

Okay, so I've always been pretty skeptical about this, until just recently when I found this place, and decided to try it out
Unfortunately, none of my friends would come 10-feet of one of these, so their no help, I'd probably have to trade for referrals.
Anyways, to the point..
1) I wanna use a prepaid card(paranoia gets the best of me quite a bit), which one would work best?
2) Where can I get said card from?
3) How much would I need to complete offers?(Do I even have to pay? If so can I just get it refunded?)
4) For offer like AOL, will I need to actually do anything with the service?(Eg log in to complete offer), also is it hard to end the account(I heard AOLs tech department is a bitlili)
Thanks!

johnjimjones

11-07-2006 21:02:32

1) Anyone, just google or use a Simon Giftcard from the mall.
2) Read #1.
3) For you to complete offers, depends, since you're new, prob no more than $30.
4) No. Yeah its hard to talk to their customer service but get used to it.

jy3

11-07-2006 21:11:50

also, as I say a lot these days, I highly recommend you use a credit card for the extra protection against unauthorized charges that it affords.
I suggest that for your first sign up you get paypal for it. then you can trade for refs for that site. a good way to get friends comfortable with the freebie scene is to have them sign up for the non-credit card sites. PM me if you are interested in paypal for one and then you can get moving on it (this50buxisfree.com)
I also suggest that you sign up for offers that you intend on trying out and have interest in.

sonicm

11-07-2006 21:49:35

[quote7513606a00="johnjimjones"]1) Anyone, just google or use a Simon Giftcard from the mall.
2) Read #1.
[/quote7513606a00]
I've never heard of Simon, I don't think I have that in the mall near my house(If Simon is a store, that is)
So just about any prepaid credit card would work in any offer?

schizerbone

11-07-2006 22:34:21

www.simon.com ... look for a mall, there should be one near you, but if not, let me know...

Daggoth

12-07-2006 00:20:48

www.epassporte.com

sonicm

18-07-2006 17:11:07

hmm..
Does anyone..If I were to get the virtual visa and a company gives me a suprise charge of more than how much I have, will I have to pay a debt? Or will they just not be able to charge me it? Thats one reason why I want to get a prepaid card.

Also, can companies refund my money, will I get the money back? Also would they charge me a fee?

XeroZephyr

18-07-2006 18:49:28

I'm not sure above what happens when you don't have the funds available. My PayPal takes money from my checking account, so I don't really know....

When it comes to getting refunds for your offers, and fees being charged, etc....It all depends on the specific company. Be sure you read carefully through the terms of service of a site in which you want to sign up for, because there are a lot of companies that will try and charge you if you're not careful. For example Say the offer you try is like a weight-loss formula. Try the trial out and if you like it they'll automatically send you your next month supply, after 14 days of your payment going through. But if you don't like it, you have to make sure you get in before the trial period has expired or you could be facing some stiff fees. Hope this helps and feel free to send me a PM if you have anymore questions!

//XERO

sonicm

18-07-2006 22:03:58

[quote1dd1b1be22="XeroZephyr"]I'm not sure above what happens when you don't have the funds available. My PayPal takes money from my checking account, so I don't really know....

When it comes to getting refunds for your offers, and fees being charged, etc....It all depends on the specific company. Be sure you read carefully through the terms of service of a site in which you want to sign up for, because there are a lot of companies that will try and charge you if you're not careful. For example Say the offer you try is like a weight-loss formula. Try the trial out and if you like it they'll automatically send you your next month supply, after 14 days of your payment going through. But if you don't like it, you have to make sure you get in before the trial period has expired or you could be facing some stiff fees. Hope this helps and feel free to send me a PM if you have anymore questions!

//XERO[/quote1dd1b1be22]
thanks but what I was also wondering about is if the credit card company will charge me if I get refunded, since there is a fee to charge the card, they might see the payment and think of it as a fee or something.