Very first time using freesite offer, help needed.

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=42584

disappeared

07-07-2006 18:27:41

Hi everyone! Pleased to meet ya!

First off, I guess I should say I'm not totally uninitiated in the world of free sites and offers. I helped a friend last year get an iPod from freepay, so I know it works!

I'd like to try an offer for myself now. But I figured I wouldn't bug people with referals. So I decided on an Xbox 360, and found trainn's 3604free.com. I chose the point-based system, and now I have some questions

1. Is the point-based system the way to go? Or are the referals easier?

2. There are tons of offers I need to sign up for (seeing as how each one only nets me about 60 points, and the 360 offer is 1000). How hard is it to cancel each and every one of these offers?

3. Do the companies behind the offers give you grief over cancelling?

4. Anyone ever had any problems with spam mail/email afterwards?

5. What are some simple trainn offers for a Canadian?

If anyone could help a simple-minded guy out, it would be much appreciated.

CoMpFrEaK

07-07-2006 18:36:33

Points are easier, but dosent mean it yields more $$$. Typically referrals pay around $40-$50 per referral, so referrals are typically worth more. But in turn, they are harder to get.

We really dont talk about cancelation on the forums, some offers are easy (online) some are hard (Aol for example). Its fully dependant on the company.

Some companys give you grief when canceling, some dont, as stated in the paragraph above, its dependant on the company.

You'll probably get spam from the offers, offers such as paycom and novapoint probably sell your email, so use a new email for offers if you're parinoid.

KeithA

07-07-2006 18:37:19

[quoteee59851685="disappeared"]Hi everyone! Pleased to meet ya!

First off, I guess I should say I'm not totally uninitiated in the world of free sites and offers. I helped a friend last year get an iPod from freepay, so I know it works!

I'd like to try an offer for myself now. But I figured I wouldn't bug people with referals. So I decided on an Xbox 360, and found trainn's 3604free.com. I chose the point-based system, and now I have some questions

1. Is the point-based system the way to go? Or are the referals easier?

2. There are tons of offers I need to sign up for (seeing as how each one only nets me about 60 points, and the 360 offer is 1000). How hard is it to cancel each and every one of these offers?

3. Do the companies behind the offers give you grief over cancelling?

4. Anyone ever had any problems with spam mail/email afterwards?

5. What are some simple trainn offers for a Canadian?

If anyone could help a simple-minded guy out, it would be much appreciated.[/quoteee59851685]

1. If you've already chosen points, I'd say stick with it. Both options have advantages depending on whether you're interested in doing offers yourself. Others will probably chime in here with better advice.

2. We don't discuss canceling offers here because advertisers pay for genuine leads. You should try offers you're legitimately interested in.

3. See #2.

4. I'd count on it if I were you. A secondary email address is a good way to isolate email you don't find interesting.

5. The simplest offers to complete are the ones you're really interested in.

Let me know if you still have questions...

disappeared

07-07-2006 18:41:53

Alright, thank you very much for the advice so far. I'm sorry for mentioning things agaist forum rules - I'll try and stay sharper. I guess I have a follow up question

1. Does it matter if I use a different email address than the one I used at trainn? Does it count against receiving credit for an offer?

Averagejoe1039

07-07-2006 18:46:39

I don't think it does.

CoMpFrEaK

07-07-2006 18:48:42

[quotef4d52a329b="disappeared"]Alright, thank you very much for the advice so far. I'm sorry for mentioning things agaist forum rules - I'll try and stay sharper. I guess I have a follow up question

1. Does it matter if I use a different email address than the one I used at trainn? Does it count against receiving credit for an offer?[/quotef4d52a329b]

No

TFOAF

07-07-2006 18:49:07

No, it shouldn't matter if you use a different email address, just as long as you don't have multiple accounts on the same website. ;)

disappeared

07-07-2006 18:53:10

I'm just really trying to figure out how to do all of these offers. It's kind of intimidating, to be honest. Obviously there are those that interest me (Gamefly, Blockbuster, etc) but some of them I think I'll just have to sample blindly.

theysayjump

07-07-2006 19:51:26

Welcome. D

When I signup for a site, as an example I'll use email==123@gmail.com123@gmail.com=123@gmail.com123@gmail.com/email to register for the site, but use email==999@gmail.com999@gmail.com=999@gmail.com999@gmail.com/email to complete the offer(s). It makes no difference if you use different e-mails to sign up for sites and offers, but I would recommend using the same e-mail address to sign up for every site (ie, email==123@gmail.com123@gmail.com=123@gmail.com123@gmail.com/email on all Trainn sites, instead of a different one for each site), it not only makes it easier for you to remember but it cuts down on confusion for the sites.

Also, since you appear to have never done any other sites before, I'd suggest using that to your advantage.

What you could do is make a thread in The Trading Post saying you can do every site in return for Paypal. You'll be inundated with offers, anywhere from $18 to $75 or possibly more. You then sign up for someone elses site, complete an offer and when you get credit they'll pay you whatever you agree on. It's completely possibly and very easy for you to get enough money from doing that, to actually go out and buy yourself an Xbox360. Or, if you'd rather, you could do a smaller site like www.Gaming.YourGiftsFree.com for a 360 and pay 8 people or so $20 each to do your site. You'd not only get your 360 but a nice chunk-o-change left over.

I've just confused you haven't I?

disappeared

07-07-2006 20:15:14

No, not at all. In fact that makes a lot of sense! Thanks very much. )

jy3

08-07-2006 14:12:35

disappeared do not forget to keep track of what offers you do, who you trade with, what email that person used, when you did the offer, etc. this helps prevent you from doing a site twice or an offer twice later on down the line.
i would also recommend that you plan out your path to that 1000 points. in other words, before you start doing it yourself, list the offers you can/want to do and their point value. this will help prevent you from wasting points. for example, you have 990 points and there are no offers below 100 points left. kind of a waste of points )

KeithA

08-07-2006 14:16:36

^^^
Good point. PM me if you want to see an example of a spreadsheet.

disappeared

08-07-2006 17:12:29

I actually emailed TRAINN last night asking them to change my account from points to referals. I have some friends locally who are willing to participate. Then I can hit up the Trading Post here for the remaining ones.

I just hope TRAINN changes it fast. I want to get started on this ASAP.