Paypal Account Access Limited Due to Payouts!!!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=41814

mfels

23-06-2006 14:54:15

I logged into my paypal account today to pay a user I'm in a trade with, only to find that paypal has recently reviewed my account and decided to give me limited access because my behavior is suspicious. Since March 4th, I have received 3 payouts from TRAINN sites, totalling $900+. Of course there is no shipping info for these transactions and whatnot, so now they're breathing down my neck about it, thinking I'm dong something illegal! How do I explain this effectively to them to get out of this problem? Has anyone else had this problem?

damac

23-06-2006 23:36:57

i have way more activity than that on mine, hundreds of ebay auctions in the past, and nothing like that yet and this post scares me.

from the outside looking in my ebay account must look erratic as hell with tons of stuff going on, lol.

mfels

24-06-2006 17:57:07

The reason your account is fine is because each payment is linked to an item, right? Like every payment to and from your account can be tracked by paypal to an item, whereas since mine is just cash for offers, it looks like I'm getting payed money by TRAINN for nothing, hence the illegal possibilites.

Killer722

24-06-2006 18:34:14

Just tell them what you told us, or ask Alan or something.

ajasax

24-06-2006 22:40:37

Welcome to the world of Paypal roll I just sent money to an eBay seller, but their account is limited because of "suspicious activity" even though they've been selling the same products forever and have a good rep.

damac

25-06-2006 20:11:20

no, im sure i have way more activity than you.

since i started freebies i have paid thousands for referrals here and elsewhere for my myself and other family members i have referred to the freebie scene when i broker trades.

mfels

25-06-2006 21:28:16

What type of account do you guys have? Is it personal or do you have a business one? What paypal is telling me to do to resolve this is upgrade my account from personal to business and whatnot, as in they seem to think I must be doing business. I dunno, this is weird.

Incidentally, a day before I opened a paypal dispute with a user I was scammed by, to try to get my money back from them. Could this be related?

And I did send a great long email explaining freebies and how I'm not doing anything illegal, just waiting on a reply now...

oneill584

26-06-2006 14:03:45

Paypal sucks. Tell em so at every opportunity! Just get on the phone with em. Only way you'll get something done.

UsfGeek

26-06-2006 16:04:43

Yeah, but you'll be on hold for 3 hours.....

Lady Silverwood

26-06-2006 16:46:22

[quote2ce8703a88="mfels"]I logged into my paypal account today to pay a user I'm in a trade with, only to find that paypal has recently reviewed my account and decided to give me limited access because my behavior is suspicious. Since March 4th, I have received 3 payouts from TRAINN sites, totalling $900+. Of course there is no shipping info for these transactions and whatnot, so now they're breathing down my neck about it, thinking I'm dong something illegal! How do I explain this effectively to them to get out of this problem? Has anyone else had this problem?[/quote2ce8703a88]

First, Read here

http//www.anything4free.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=59494[]http//www.anything4free.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=59494

If it was me, I would licall upli paypal and tell them that this issue has already been resolved with the free sites. Tell them that all you do is participate in these sites, and that the money you "give" people (IE your trades) are thank you tokens for them having helped you to get the gift.

Hope it works out, and hope this helps. )

theysayjump

26-06-2006 18:20:59

Yeah this should've been cleared up by now so if your account is still limited for the same reason it was before, then call them up and explain it (if you haven't already).

Also, personally, whenever I receive a large payment through Paypal from a freebie site, I use my Paypal Debit Card to withdraw the money from an ATM, that way even if they limit your account, you still have your money.

JustBlaze786

26-06-2006 18:28:57

So.. If you get verfied and order the debit card.. you can go to an atm machine and use ur card to withdraw all the money thats in paypal at the moment?

theysayjump

26-06-2006 19:05:06

Yes.

BUT, they have a $500 limit per day that you can withdraw.

BUT, you can remove the limit by doing two of these

Add and Confirm a bank account
Enter your Expanded Use Number
Confirm your Social Security Number

Lady Silverwood

26-06-2006 19:12:15

[quotea28b281d64="JustBlaze786"]So.. If you get verfied and order the debit card.. you can go to an atm machine and use ur card to withdraw all the money thats in paypal at the moment?[/quotea28b281d64]

Yes. I have one, and I highly recommend it. When you do trials and then company A tries to charge you some ungodly ammount, paypal will call up to verify with you.

Bargain.Com charged 1.00, but then, even after I tried cancelling they tried to bill me 59.99.

Paypal called and talked to me and I explained it to them, and they didn't put it through. That let me call up bargain.Com and get things straightened out with them. ) (Bargain.Com was nice about everything)

You do have to give a credit card # in order to get the debit card.

Hope this helps! )

CoMpFrEaK

26-06-2006 20:08:44

[quotec6837c6008="theysayjump"]Yes.

Confirm your Social Security Number[/quotec6837c6008]

ATM $400
Bank (Per Month) $500

theysayjump

26-06-2006 20:33:50

[quote673571b831="CoMpFrEaK"][quote673571b831="theysayjump"]Yes.

Confirm your Social Security Number[/quote673571b831]

ATM $400
Bank (Per Month) $500[/quote673571b831]

Yeah I forgot about that.

Actually, depending on the ATM you use it at, you ma only be able to take out $390 due to the fee that lots of the issuing banks impose.

I tried it with $400 and it wouldn't because it would have to charge a $1.75 fee, taking the total amount ocming out of my Paypal account to over $400.

Not sure if this is the same everywhere but it was with me.

CoMpFrEaK

26-06-2006 20:57:25

[quoteb714f705fa="theysayjump"][quoteb714f705fa="CoMpFrEaK"][quoteb714f705fa="theysayjump"]Yes.

Confirm your Social Security Number[/quoteb714f705fa]

ATM $400
Bank (Per Month) $500[/quoteb714f705fa]

Yeah I forgot about that.

Actually, depending on the ATM you use it at, you ma only be able to take out $390 due to the fee that lots of the issuing banks impose.

I tried it with $400 and it wouldn't because it would have to charge a $1.75 fee, taking the total amount ocming out of my Paypal account to over $400.

Not sure if this is the same everywhere but it was with me.[/quoteb714f705fa]

I was actually able to do $400, even with the added $2 bank fee, so i was a bit over $400

mfels

27-06-2006 11:12:43

Well after numerous emails that all resulted in me being asked to provide receipts for the items I was selling (???), I finally called up paypal, got a helpful person who wrote out anothere email and sent it somewhere within paypal. She said she thinks it should be resolved and that within a day or so I should be free again.

I asked her why I was put on limited access and she said that paypal had said the following "user is selling electronics for free". ???
Could this be because I put the name of the freesite the payment is for in the subject of my payments? Did they think I was selling people flashipods4free for $25? What an awful system paypal is...

jy3

27-06-2006 20:10:58

yeah i regret making a business account back when there was no difference. now the damn fees...

doylnea

28-06-2006 10:02:47

[quote0778595bd8="mfels"]Well after numerous emails that all resulted in me being asked to provide receipts for the items I was selling (???), I finally called up paypal, got a helpful person who wrote out anothere email and sent it somewhere within paypal. She said she thinks it should be resolved and that within a day or so I should be free again.

I asked her why I was put on limited access and she said that paypal had said the following "user is selling electronics for free". ???
Could this be because I put the name of the freesite the payment is for in the subject of my payments? Did they think I was selling people flashipods4free for $25? What an awful system paypal is...[/quote0778595bd8]

You need to call and speak to someone. The phone numbers are provided on the paypal website. Don't rely on emails to solve this problem.

DesperateForAss

28-06-2006 10:30:54

[quote249519900f="mfels"]Well after numerous emails that all resulted in me being asked to provide receipts for the items I was selling (???), I finally called up paypal, got a helpful person who wrote out anothere email and sent it somewhere within paypal. She said she thinks it should be resolved and that within a day or so I should be free again.

Could this be because I put the name of the freesite the payment is for in the subject of my payments? Did they think I was selling people flashipods4free for $25? What an awful system paypal is...[/quote249519900f]

hahaha PayPal is retarded.

EmeryRocks

29-06-2006 22:45:05

paypals the worst,I hope they rot...D

JustBlaze786

30-06-2006 01:15:49

... in hell

UsfGeek

30-06-2006 08:22:05

I haven't had any problems with PayPal really ever, but it sounds like they are kinda stupid at times, even though I can see their point. Wouldn't you find it kinda suspicious that someone was sending out massive payments all the time?

mfels

30-06-2006 13:09:59

[quoted90ef1b36e="UsfGeek"]I haven't had any problems with PayPal really ever, but it sounds like they are kinda stupid at times, even though I can see their point. Wouldn't you find it kinda suspicious that someone was sending out massive payments all the time?[/quoted90ef1b36e]

That is true, BUT if they had taken like 5 minutes to look at the name of the company sending the payments, and seen the site names in the subjects of the payments, done a little googling, they could have easily figured out what was going on, saving everybody a lotta time and hassle.

On the upside I got to fill out a survey on my experience with this and I was brutally honest. twisted

Averagejoe1039

30-06-2006 13:23:13

[quote37457a8e95="mfels"][quote37457a8e95="UsfGeek"]I haven't had any problems with PayPal really ever, but it sounds like they are kinda stupid at times, even though I can see their point. Wouldn't you find it kinda suspicious that someone was sending out massive payments all the time?[/quote37457a8e95]

That is true, BUT if they had taken like 5 minutes to look at the name of the company sending the payments, and seen the site names in the subjects of the payments, done a little googling, they could have easily figured out what was going on, saving everybody a lotta time and hassle.

On the upside I got to fill out a survey on my experience with this and I was [b37457a8e95]brutally honest.[/b37457a8e95] twisted[/quote37457a8e95]

I like your thinking....