Gas Range Clicking

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=41417

UberVash

17-06-2006 10:12:27

>_> Yeah.

My mom's gas range, when plugged in (I know, you're going to ROFL about a gas range being part electric), makes an odd clicking sound like the sound you would use to ignite.

There is no gas coming out, and when the stove is turned on the clicking stops. This happened AFTER my mom cleaned it.

Anyone know how to stop? I've google'd my issue but I couldn't find anything.

plaques

Peinecone

17-06-2006 11:26:21

It is the igniter trying to start the oven or range top. It uses an electric igniter (which is why it need to be plugged in). It sounds like it is always trying to light the oven, even when it is supposed to be off. But i don't know what would be causing it.

Edit What kind of range is it? You should look in the manual if you still have it. If that doesn't work, try the manufacture's web site.

theysayjump

17-06-2006 11:50:05

That's how mines works.

You turn it all the way up to 10 or whatever and it starts clicking and then flames start up. A few weeks ago the flames wouldn't start but I just had to let it click for a little it longer and it worked. shrug

Peinecone

17-06-2006 11:51:56

I think he is saying his is clicking even when off.

UberVash

17-06-2006 19:27:00

I fixed it, the range is 20 years+ old. It wasn't the range part, it was the inside (stove) that wasn't working.

One of the sparks got wet, so I ghetto'd it and used a hairdryer on it.

ajasax

17-06-2006 20:10:23

That's scary shock I'd be worried that there would be a gas leak, and then goodbye house ( My stove works the same way (clicking to turn on a burner), but the pilot light doesn't attempt to light itself, so it will just leak gas until you manually light it.

UberVash

17-06-2006 20:55:21

[quote57b9f9415f="ajasax"]That's scary shock I'd be worried that there would be a gas leak, and then goodbye house ( My stove works the same way (clicking to turn on a burner), but the pilot light doesn't attempt to light itself, so it will just leak gas until you manually light it.[/quote57b9f9415f]

There was no gas coming out. P