~~~~~~ Offer Crediting - Help Ensure You Get Your Greens ~~~

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=41256

TheWorkGuy

14-06-2006 17:11:10

I thought this might be helpful to a lot of you that are about to do some offers, especially on a Do-It-Yourself site....
Its been posted over at A4F for a few months, and I just forgot to post it over here, so credit goes to theysayjump to getting it over here finally.

TWG

[quote3126f9bfe6]Hello,
Here is a general guide on how to almost 100% guarantee that you will get credit for any offers you complete on any Freebie site!
I personally tested this theory and method on "Bullseye-media's" ConsumerSavingCenter.com. I did 11 offers there, 10 of which have been "approved." The only one that was not approved was "Time Life Song Songs CD" which I have yet to read of someone receiving credit for.
I have personally tested and proven the following theory and method, though I can not guarantee you will have the same results, but it will greatly increase your chances of getting credit for any given offer!

Theory The offer crediting system on any given Freebie site works in the following way
1. You click an offer, the freebie site sends you to their advertiser for that offer (ex. NetBlue, FusionCash, etc.).
2. The advertiser places one or more "cookies" on your web browser's cache or cookie folder.
3. The advertiser than forwards you to the offer's website, where you complete the offer.
4. Upon completing the offer, you are brought to a "completion/confirmation page" on the offer’s website. On that web page, there is a tiny image file usually named "Can't Tell...."
5. The cookie(s) on your browser cache/folder that were placed by the advertiser then activate/"pop" that "image" file, which is than tracked by the advertiser. The advertiser then reports the status back to the Freebie site, which allows them to credit you for completing the offer.

Method There are many reason that you do not get credit, but one reason is because these "cookies" that the advertiser is suppose to place on your browser cache/folder sometimes conflict with other cookies or do not get placed there at all! The following guide will help eliminate this problem of not receiving credit for an offer completion in relation to cookies/image!

1. Launch Microsoft's Internet Explorer, since IE is the most universal web browser today, you'll have fewer problems by using it for Freebie sites. Although I would not recommend it for normal web browser, but instead would recommend Mozilla FireFox (FireFox Website![=http//www.mozilla.com/firefox/]FireFox Website!)

2. Once IE is open, click "Tools/Internet Options.../General," You will now be at the new tab/window titled "Internet Options," and the tab “General.” Click "Delete Cookies..." and then "OK." Now, Click "Delete Files...," check the "Delete All Offline Content" box, and then click "OK." Now, at the top of the window click the "Privacy" tab. Move the slide bar to "Accept All Cookies" and uncheck the "Block Pop ups" box, click "OK". You have now cleared your browser cache and cookies, enabled all cookies, and disabled your pop-up blocker! If you have any other pop-up blockers and cookies blockers, you need to also disable them!

3. Close all open Internet Explorer (IE) windows, and repeat step # 2. just to double check everything is correct and cleared!

4. Log into your Freebie site account and go to the “offers” web page. On your computer’s Desktop, click "Start/My Computer” and select “C//Documents and Settings/USERNAME/Cookies" (Note Your local drive might be different, though "C" is the windows default. Also where USERNAME is, replace it with your actually windows user account name.) The "cookies" folder should be completely empty besides from an "index.dat" file. If it is not, clear your cookies and cache again.

5. Now, click an offer, wait for the offer website page to completely load (the flag at the top right should not be moving, and in the bottom left bar it should say "Done".). Then check the "cookies" folder and there should be one or more cookies/text files there, most likely one or more will have the offers name/site in its title and freebie site's name/title!
lililiIf there are no cookies in the folder, go back/close the offer window and start over from step # 2.lilili
If there are cookies in the folder, you should get credit for completing the offer, continue on to #6!

6. Complete the offer, and make sure that each web page of the offer's website loads completely!
Sometimes "image" take a while to load since they are communicating with third parties (the advertiser, etc.). It is EXTREMELY important that you make sure the "completion/confirmation web page" loads fully, since it’s the one that contains the "image" file!

7. After completing an offer, make sure the clear your cookies and cache before doing another offer, just to make sure you do not have any conflicting cookies, especially if you are going multiple offers on the same site/web page (ex. on Do-It-Yourself sites)!!!

I hope that everyone will find this useful, and it will eliminate a majority of offer crediting problems!
Always here for your Computer Questions and Needs,

TWG

lililiPlease forgive any technical and/or spelling errors.lilili
lililiNote I am basing this guide on the fact that you are using Microsoft Windows XP Operating System with Service Pack 2 and all other updates installed. If you are not, and you do not know how to complete any or all the steps of this guide, feel free to PM, Email, or IM me!lilili
[/quote3126f9bfe6]
Edit - To Anti-scammer proof!

Tholek

14-06-2006 17:46:55

I knew the jist of this, but having it laid out is great. Should be a sticky.

theysayjump

14-06-2006 18:18:44

Yeah I asked him post it here. I'll sticky it after it's viewed a bit since most people ignore stickies.

Thanks again TWG.

TheWorkGuy

14-06-2006 23:39:36

[quote38400306e0="Tholek"]I knew the jist of this, but having it laid out is great. Should be a sticky.[/quote38400306e0]

Thanks,
I find it very helpful to newbies and such, since then you know they'll get credit if the actually follow the whole guide.

TWG

TheWorkGuy

14-06-2006 23:40:46

[quote053ffffcd2="theysayjump"]Yeah I asked him post it here. I'll sticky it after it's viewed a bit since most people ignore stickies.

Thanks again TWG.[/quote053ffffcd2]

Yes, All posting credit goes to TSJ.

TWG

theysayjump

23-06-2006 17:14:29

^

UsfGeek

23-06-2006 17:47:01

This is very helpful and has never proved me wrong!

TheWorkGuy

23-06-2006 22:39:31

[quote724f4a3bec="UsfGeek"]This is very helpful and has never proved me wrong![/quote724f4a3bec]

Glad its helped, but with your -TR i do not know about proven you wrong...lmao

TWG

double_d

26-06-2006 11:22:52

Just used this method for an offer that has a history of not crediting. Miracleburn.

I got instant credit.

+KMA

UsfGeek

26-06-2006 11:30:35

[quotef82f607b8a="TheWorkGuy"][quotef82f607b8a="UsfGeek"]This is very helpful and has never proved me wrong![/quotef82f607b8a]

TWG[/quotef82f607b8a]

Well, I did go red on Free4Me...Peter still hasn't responded as to why....but, I cleared everyone up as far as I know, and I hope to become a respectable trader again one day.

TheWorkGuy

26-06-2006 16:13:49

[quoteecb81939da="double_d"]Just used this method for an offer that has a history of not crediting. Miracleburn.

I got instant credit.

+KMA[/quoteecb81939da]

Congrats!
I am glad it worked, thanks for the +Karma!
Share with your traders!

TWG

TheWorkGuy

26-06-2006 16:15:53

[quote72fced12ba="UsfGeek"][quote72fced12ba="TheWorkGuy"][quote72fced12ba="UsfGeek"]This is very helpful and has never proved me wrong![/quote72fced12ba]

TWG[/quote72fced12ba]

Well, I did go red on Free4Me...Peter still hasn't responded as to why....but, I cleared everyone up as far as I know, and I hope to become a respectable trader again one day.[/quote72fced12ba]

Okay, well best of luck to you with that, and i guess the guide could still help with sites.

TWG

theman2005

26-06-2006 17:02:13

[quotecdc34c25a7="UsfGeek"][quotecdc34c25a7="TheWorkGuy"][quotecdc34c25a7="UsfGeek"]This is very helpful and has never proved me wrong![/quotecdc34c25a7]

TWG[/quotecdc34c25a7]

Well, I did go red on Free4Me...Peter still hasn't responded as to why....but, I cleared everyone up as far as I know, and I hope to become a respectable trader again one day.[/quotecdc34c25a7]

He's a good trader.

Don't know why he's still at -1 .

Haven't failed me once. wink

TheWorkGuy

26-06-2006 20:19:09

[quote31e6de2dd1="theman2005"][quote31e6de2dd1="UsfGeek"][quote31e6de2dd1="TheWorkGuy"][quote31e6de2dd1="UsfGeek"]This is very helpful and has never proved me wrong![/quote31e6de2dd1]

TWG[/quote31e6de2dd1]

Well, I did go red on Free4Me...Peter still hasn't responded as to why....but, I cleared everyone up as far as I know, and I hope to become a respectable trader again one day.[/quote31e6de2dd1]

He's a good trader.

Don't know why he's still at -1 .

Haven't failed me once. wink[/quote31e6de2dd1]

I do not doubt, good luck

TWG

theysayjump

29-06-2006 23:19:58

^

Jeorgius

30-06-2006 01:17:07

Excellent guide, did wonders for me

thx

theysayjump

23-07-2006 12:56:35

^

guelah75

23-07-2006 14:39:59

nice guide, wish I had this months ago

keep up the good work

Averagejoe1039

23-07-2006 14:42:05

I am going to use this on the Nuitech DIY site I have to finish. I have to do Urban-Nutrition which has a history of not crediting.

double_d

12-09-2006 11:47:21

^

unknown uchiha

12-09-2006 14:05:04

[quote188a7f0e1f="Averagejoe1039"]I am going to use this on the Nuitech DIY site I have to finish. I have to do Urban-Nutrition which has a history of not crediting.[/quote188a7f0e1f]

Urban Nutrition offers have always credited for me perfectly without clearing cookies =)

theysayjump

19-12-2006 20:23:15

^

TFOAF

20-12-2006 11:12:11

I make sure that when an offer's complete, and the confirmation page loaded, that I leave the confirmation page open for at least 10 minutes.

sjung2009

25-12-2006 16:23:21

I never used this method of clearing cookies on my Internet Explorer.
I have completed some orders that have not credited to my account yet.
Would clearing all cookies for my future orders have an effect on my previously completed orders?

janeway

06-01-2007 07:36:53

I spent several hours trying to get through a trade last night, but I was unable to. I cleared my cookies, history and everything else. My problem was trying to do numbers 4 and 5 in these instructions. Couldn't seem to find the documents I needed. I clicked on my start/computer down in the corner and also tried on the desktop. This is very frustrating!

janeway

TFOAF

06-01-2007 07:41:50

As long as you cleared your cookies, you're good to go. If you know how to clear them, there's no need to manually check them. ;)

--

And by the way, where it says USERNAME in Step 4, it should be changed to %USERNAME%. That way, when you type that in, it automatically goes to your username's folder.

JazzKidd82

08-01-2007 19:45:51

Good info, thanks!

Amira

09-01-2007 15:39:51

Hi All,

Just wanted to say hi )

Amira

janeway

09-01-2007 19:17:34

Even though I did all that, I didn't get the credit , even though I managed to sign up for the video professor. I don't know what went wrong.
I am afraid to try again, because now I am going to receive videos in the mail and I didn't even get credit for it, and I will have to go through the trouble of returning them.

janeway

cowboy.from.hell637

21-01-2007 22:34:51

^

NYUDiana

23-01-2007 12:47:45

I think this guide is great.

I have also heard (from Peter's Free4Me how to get credit guide thread) that turning off all anti-virus and anti-spyware programs helps.

bump =)

theysayjump

23-01-2007 17:56:57

Stuck.

catwoman1459

10-02-2007 19:13:20

thanks for that info, Im new here and just starting to learn.

denny59

11-02-2007 04:01:35

I am new here & trying to get as much info as possible before I do
my first trade.This is good info for us new guys. Thank You.

GLAMIS188

08-03-2007 19:47:06

I INTERESTED LET ME KNOW TOM. BECAUSE IM GOING TO SLEEP NOW PEACE OUT

Yesitsfree4you

25-03-2007 09:03:38

[quoteb821653261="janeway"]Even though I did all that, I didn't get the credit , even though I managed to sign up for the video professor. I don't know what went wrong.
I am afraid to try again, because now I am going to receive videos in the mail and I didn't even get credit for it, and I will have to go through the trouble of returning them.

janeway[/quoteb821653261]
That's what I'm wondering too. If you do not get an e-mail confimation from the video professor, or whoever's offer you signed up for, but did not get credit for, are they still going to send you stuff that you weren't expecting?

TheWorkGuy

25-03-2007 13:07:37

[quotefb23bfb47a="beth67"][quotefb23bfb47a="janeway"]Even though I did all that, I didn't get the credit , even though I managed to sign up for the video professor. I don't know what went wrong.

janeway[/quotefb23bfb47a]
That's what I'm wondering too. If you do not get an e-mail confimation from the video professor, or whoever's offer you signed up for, but did not get credit for, are they still going to send you stuff that you weren't expecting?[/quotefb23bfb47a]

You can usually tell if they are going to send you stuff by seeing if they charged your credit card. IF they did, you most likely getting the stuff, if they did not you are not getting anything.

I would recommend calling whichever offer did not send you a confirmation email but is mailing you their trail, so you can submit for a manual credit.

TWG

rockerchick

04-04-2007 09:10:55

does anyone know the best way to ensure credit using a mac? they do not make explorer for macs anymore, and i have been using firefox and getting NO credit for the first 4 offers i've done. i HAVE cleared all my cookies before each offer, but it hasn't helped. would using an old version of exporer be alright? HELP!

zr2152

04-04-2007 09:17:53

[quote7b8d406a69="rockerchick"]does anyone know the best way to ensure credit using a mac? they do not make explorer for macs anymore, and i have been using firefox and getting NO credit for the first 4 offers i've done. i HAVE cleared all my cookies before each offer, but it hasn't helped. would using an old version of exporer be alright? HELP![/quote7b8d406a69]

I would use safari. My roommate used that last year and never had any problems with it. I would stay away from explorer. I dont know why firefox isnt working for you. Also, make sure that your cookies are enabled and that you clear your cookies every time before you complete an offer.

linway

04-04-2007 17:02:04

I am new to all of this also. I did my first 2 offers before I read the guide the TWG posted. I had done all of the normal stuff, deleted cookies, lowered security, allowed popups, etc. but both offers turned out to be manual...still waiting on one.

Weird thing is on one of the no credit ticket I opened on the site, I forgot to take my mouse out of a drop down for the name of the offer and didn't realize that I had scrolled it to a different offer name. That site gave me credit for an offer I didn't even sign up for. I opened a support ticket to tell them about it and they told me to just open a new no credit ticket for the one I actually did...but they didn't remove the credit for the one I didn't do. I don't know if anyone would say just leave it, but the one I actually did was 1/2 a credit and the one I got credit for was 1/3. Has anyone had this happen before?

Linda

linway

10-04-2007 13:27:44

One of the steps listed in TWG's guide at the top of this thread is

"Now, Click "Delete Files...," [b397e368554]check the "Delete All Offline Content[/b397e368554]" box, and then click "OK.""

The first time I checked the box to "Delet All Offline Content" and clicked OK, it took several seconds to complete. I haven't had any problems getting credit since I did and continue to do that. lol

Thanks again, Work Guy,
Linda

TheWorkGuy

11-04-2007 11:32:09

Yeah, That is an important step as it guarantees you delete everything in your temporary internet folder.

TWG

[quote018759e23a="linway"]One of the steps listed in TWG's guide at the top of this thread is

"Now, Click "Delete Files...," [b018759e23a]check the "Delete All Offline Content[/b018759e23a]" box, and then click "OK.""

The first time I checked the box to "Delet All Offline Content" and clicked OK, it took several seconds to complete. I haven't had any problems getting credit since I did and continue to do that. lol

Thanks again, Work Guy,
Linda[/quote018759e23a]

MechSpike

17-04-2007 09:00:27

Can someone list these instructions for mac using Firefox or Safari I don't know how to find my cookies folder on a mac and everything here seems to be Windows based with instructions =/

MechSpike

17-04-2007 10:56:30

Ah never mind I got Safari to work it's actually easier than what you guys were suggesting since it shows all my cookies within Safari itself. I also got firefox to work but people were suggesting Safari instead. Any thoughts on this?

Margot530

21-04-2007 17:47:47

[quote328bc7d709="linway"]I am new to all of this also. I did my first 2 offers before I read the guide the TWG posted. I had done all of the normal stuff, deleted cookies, lowered security, allowed popups, etc. but both offers turned out to be manual...still waiting on one.

Weird thing is on one of the no credit ticket I opened on the site, I forgot to take my mouse out of a drop down for the name of the offer and didn't realize that I had scrolled it to a different offer name. That site gave me credit for an offer I didn't even sign up for. I opened a support ticket to tell them about it and they told me to just open a new no credit ticket for the one I actually did...but they didn't remove the credit for the one I didn't do. I don't know if anyone would say just leave it, but the one I actually did was 1/2 a credit and the one I got credit for was 1/3. Has anyone had this happen before?

Wow Linda, you posted this awhile back, but am just now seeing it...sorry!

I had a simular situation happen, and put in a support ticket to have it revoked. I did this because it does violate the TOS, and can bite you in the backside. If the owner reads your ticket but doesn't do anything, at least you have covered yourself.

Margot

Linda[/quote328bc7d709]

Easy Bling

29-05-2007 10:31:38

I've made two pictorial tutorials to this guide (at least the clearing cookies part).

Click which browser you have Firefox[=http//img="160.imageshack.us" alt=""/img160/7571/untitled4na5.jpg]Firefox or Internet Explorer[=http//img="339.imageshack.us" alt=""/img339/5775/tutorial3bu9.jpg]Internet Explorer.

Let me know what you think.

speed509

01-07-2007 23:17:18

Great Thread, you can never have too many tips on how to ensure a green )

afunguy25

27-08-2007 16:02:43

Is it better to use IE 6 or 7?

TravMan162

13-01-2008 12:05:54

Hi, this is very valuable information, and to add to it, you gave detailed instructions on how to view what cookies your computer has at the moment... Apparently your computer has hidden cookies that this window will not show you, but you can see them by downloading a free program called "Karen's Cookie Viewer" just google that and you'll find it... It quickly scans your whole hard drive for hidden cookies and you can delete them from the program... It's very helpful and I know it's helped me green on sites that wouldn't normally green... Check it out... Great post though, extremely helpful ) ) )

ButtrflyFluttrs

09-05-2008 13:36:46

This is extremely helpful! I wish I would have had this when I first started out. It probably would have saved a lot of time with missing credit requests! Thanks for this!