Trying to get referrals

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=37940

beammeup4

23-04-2006 01:42:05

So I signed up for a MacBook Pro website that requires 20 referrals, but I'm having a lot of trouble getting them.

I saw sites on the internet that sell "guaranteed signups" for a certain amount of money. While I realize and accept that if I buy signups, it's not guaranteed that any of them will actually complete an offer and "go green", anyone have any experience with this type of thing?

The trading post is a little out of my budget right now for 1 guaranteed green.

KeithA

23-04-2006 07:42:17

Do a search of these forums. I think you'll find that the "guaranteed" referral programs are a waste of your time and money.

Even on a limited budget, you can find all the referrals you need to here. Start by offering to trade for referrals--you do an offer for someone else, and they'll do an offer for you. Each offer will cost about $6-$12.

Then, once you've built your trade record (TR) up, start accepting cash. You'll get offers of $20-$35 to go green on the more popular sites, but you'll only have to spend that same $6-$12. This way, you can recover some of the money you spent doing offers early on.

After a few months, you'll have completed the requirements for the laptop and--if you manage your trades carefully--could even break even in terms of your net cash outlay.

jy3

23-04-2006 17:01:31

a good way to get ahead of the game is if u signed up for a site without getting anything for it or the other person doesnt care how long it takes, you can do one of the credit card offers. some of the citibank offers will give you 50-$100 in a giftcard. this is great as you start of + that amount or ahead of the game )