New to the game.. too.

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=37931

bimmerdude

22-04-2006 21:22:20

Hey guys,
I would like to get an Xbox 360, so I thought I should ask from the pros and find out which sites are better than the others and to see if the sites differ any at all.

Also I am willing to pay people for all my referrals, any ideas on how much it would cost in total?

Any other tips?

Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate it.

theysayjump

22-04-2006 21:52:20

Hey, Welcome! D

Freepay are the biggest and more reputable company to get gifts from, but they recently changed their TOS and there's really not much point in doing their sites unless you can get all of your referral, have them all green, (yourself) print, fill in and send out an approval form and then wait to find out if you've been approved. You have 90 days from start to finish, and if you don't finish then you're out of luck.

Trainn are the next biggest company and are probably "the peoples favourite". They've been shipping out 360 but not tonnes (tonnes more than Freepay though who haven't shipped a single unit yet).

Your best bet is to maybe do a Trainn site or a smaller network for Paypal and then go out and get one yourself. If you don't have Paypal (which is almost a necessity in the freebie scene if you're going to be trading/paying people), then you can do a site for a custom order (Order4Free for example) where you notify the owner of the gift you'd like, he'll tell you how many refs to get and then when you're done with the site, he'll order your gift and have it shipped to you.

bimmerdude

22-04-2006 22:11:48

Thanks for the welcome, theysayjump ) .

I see your point, that's where I was slowly getting at by myself. If I am correct, the Trainn sites were all "point based".

Can I get referrals by paying members on the forum?
Thanks again ).

Berky34

22-04-2006 22:23:12

[quoteedd80346e9="bimmerdude"]Thanks for the welcome, theysayjump ) .

I see your point, that's where I was slowly getting at by myself. If I am correct, the Trainn sites were all "point based".

Can I get referrals by paying members on the forum?
Thanks again ).[/quoteedd80346e9]
First off, welcome! And yes visit the trading post section of the forum and remember to read the rules about how to trade and everything. Also you may have more luck "trading" for your site. The only reason that trading may be more effective is that since you have no TR, trading record, you will have to go first. When paying people first there is a chance that they can run off with your money. Trading is a bit more reliable. It's where someone completes an offer on one of your sites and then in exchange you do one for them. If you have any more general questions feel free to post here or check out the FAQ and rules in the Trading Post.

bimmerdude

22-04-2006 22:56:49

Thanks for the response Berky34 ).

So I am signed up for 3604free.com (is that a good/legit site btw?) and I just saw 2 offers for free 2 week trials. Let's say I register for the free trial, I find a few people in the TRADE section and we will exchange referrals, and by doing so I will reach my req. amount of credits/points and will be able to ship my item.

Is that how it goes?

Sorry, but I just can't find the disadvantage in this process. Where is the catch? )

bimmerdude

22-04-2006 23:19:59

One more question, in the TRAINN section the referral completion is listed as
$350 Paypal - 8 referrals/800 points
Xbox360 System - 8 referrals/1000 points

I don't get this part, if you get 8 referrals how many points will you earn?

St00pid

23-04-2006 07:38:56

[quote6d10d9ed01="bimmerdude"]One more question, in the TRAINN section the referral completion is listed as
$350 Paypal - 8 referrals/800 points
Xbox360 System - 8 referrals/1000 points

I don't get this part, if you get 8 referrals how many points will you earn?[/quote6d10d9ed01]

Isn't the referral system completely different from the points system? I was under the impression that you were allowed to choose either one during the signup process.

burritopunk

23-04-2006 07:48:03

Yes, the points system is complete separate from referrals. For the Paypal option, you need either 8 referrals or 800 Points. Each offer you do counts for a certain amount of points, so you can DIY instead of getting referrals. To get 800 points, you will most likely complete 8-10 offers and spend around $30-$40.

jy3

23-04-2006 16:59:41

also, dont sign up for a site without getting something for it. u already signed up so that is fine. the points part of the site is one path. when u do this u do all the offers yourself and each offer counts as a certain number of points. in the other way to do it, you do one offer and then thereafter you need to get 8 people to sign up and do an offer.
that make sense?

bimmerdude

23-04-2006 17:35:37

Yes it makes a lot more sense now ). Thanks for clarifying that up.

Now, let's say you complete the process and you pick the PayPal payment as a reward, how long will it usually take the companies to transfer the money to the member's account? It should be considerably faster than shipping an item right?

Also, let's say you have completed everything by referring people, and now you want to try out the point based system. Can you make a new account or is that not possible?

Thanks a bunch guys ).

amir89630

23-04-2006 21:15:25

Well on average trainn approvals on average take about a week (but they can be much quicker, I got approved one time in 3 hrs). And after you are approved they will ship your gift or send your paypal in the neighborhood of 1day-2weeks, unless the item is on backorder. The only reason paypal is quicker is because you don't have to wait for it to be delivered; but in the case of the 360 it will mostl likely be quicker since there is the issue with 360s being on backorder in some places and whatnot.

So....... yup, paypal is quicker. o D

bimmerdude

25-04-2006 17:23:10

Thanks Amir. So, ideally if you want things fast and you don't really care about the items, Paypal is the way to go, right?)

One more, say you create an account on one of the sites. And you don't complete an offer, would it still be against the TOS to create a new account? What if you choose the point based system and would like to try the referral system?

Thanks in advance.)

Rewman

26-04-2006 02:24:06

personally I'd do TRAINN, or a few trainn sites and take the cash and buy whatever you want.. -) It's all about the Hamiltons BABY!

amir89630

26-04-2006 17:46:29

[quote41564daabb="bimmerdude"]Thanks Amir. So, ideally if you want things fast and you don't really care about the items, Paypal is the way to go, right?)

One more, say you create an account on one of the sites. And you don't complete an offer, would it still be against the TOS to create a new account? What if you choose the point based system and would like to try the referral system?

Thanks in advance.)[/quote41564daabb]

On trainn sites it is not against the TOS, as long as you don't complete an offer on teh account you don't want to use. Although, on smaller sites such as Orderit4free and 123stuffforfree, they are extremely strict on the matter of creating duplicate accounts. But if you did so on trainn, you should have no worries.