Hey, I'm new to this game...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=37707

Killer722

19-04-2006 15:45:47

I signed up for YourFreeVideoIpod.com, and I have no activity there, as of now. I really want a video ipod more than anything else right now, and this truly is my only option. I have a valid credit card, but I am not looking to spend money. Does anyone have some tips for getting referals and as to what offer to complete?

Thank you very much.

Killer722

19-04-2006 15:52:36

I said I didn't want to spend money, but I am willing to spend anything under $8.50, you know, for shipping or whatever.

Thanks again.

theysayjump

19-04-2006 15:56:02

My suggestion, is that you say you're willing to spend $8.50 or so. If you have a Paypal account with even $1.01 in it, you can sign up for a site for someone else and do a Free offer (true.com for example). In return they'll pay you anything from $15 to $35.

You can then use that money to do offers on other sites for people who will in turn send you more Paypal. Then, when you have enough, you can begin paying people on this forum to do your site for you.

MyungChunHa

19-04-2006 17:09:34

Yup, and if you want a start to that, pm me wink

Coolbgdog

19-04-2006 18:54:25

[quotec54b7e832c="theysayjump"]My suggestion, is that you say you're willing to spend $8.50 or so. If you have a Paypal account with even $1.01 in it, you can sign up for a site for someone else and do a Free offer (true.com for example). In return they'll pay you anything from $15 to $35.

You can then use that money to do offers on other sites for people who will in turn send you more Paypal. Then, when you have enough, you can begin paying people on this forum to do your site for you.[/quotec54b7e832c]

For some reason thats a real good idea. I never thought of it that way. I started off just doing offers and then trading and got my first item. Im trading again right now to get my second freebie a Video ipod. Ill do that when I start my third freebie.

Iloveipods2

19-04-2006 20:24:11

do what I did(if you never want to everrrr spend a signle penny on a freebie site and max 1 hour per month)

1) Spend a week thinking very very very very hard on clever ways that can get you atleast 50 yellows per day.
2) Try some of thsoe methods out
3) make sure they are "TOS" friendly ways
4) Each month, figure out a way to improve your methods
5) Gets tons of freebies and never tell anyone your method, everrrr, everrr

that's all i'll say. and g'luck wink

Rewman

20-04-2006 02:56:19

nice Iloveipods2. getting 50 yellows per day is pretty sick...

My advice...UCHalf...I've used them for two sites (and will be using them for a third one) All I can say is excellent results..

see my sig.

Killer722

20-04-2006 11:07:12

What exactly is a yellow, if you don't mind me asking? And thank you very much for the advice. I'm open to more, as well.

Killer722

20-04-2006 11:08:23

[quote7b61ab1a12="theysayjump"]My suggestion, is that you say you're willing to spend $8.50 or so. If you have a Paypal account with even $1.01 in it, you can sign up for a site for someone else and do a Free offer (true.com for example). In return they'll pay you anything from $15 to $35.

You can then use that money to do offers on other sites for people who will in turn send you more Paypal. Then, when you have enough, you can begin paying people on this forum to do your site for you.[/quote7b61ab1a12]

Can you do offers using Paypal?

theysayjump

20-04-2006 11:28:50

If you have a Paypal Debit card, or another card (bank debit card, CC) linked to your Paypal account.

Also, a yellow is when someone has signed up at a site but has either not completed an offer yet or has completed an offer but hasn't received credit.

Read the FAQ at the top of this forum, it explains a lot.

Killer722

20-04-2006 11:35:13

Oh alright, thank you.

I have a credit card in my paypal account, you know, the one required to verify or whatever. How do I use the Paypal money instead of getting a credit card bill?

theysayjump

20-04-2006 11:40:42

Apply for the Paypal Debit card on the Paypal site, it'll take a few days for them to either approve or deny your application, they'll then send you the card and make two small deposits on your CC on file. You then call up and tell them the amounts of these deposits and they'll activate your card.

I think it takes 48 hours for it to be completely activated for use.

MyungChunHa

20-04-2006 11:57:05

[quote8eb164485a="UCHalf"]Add your link to your signature in every forum you participate in. (You can't imagine how much this alone will accomplish)

Add the link to your signature in e-mails. So every person who receives an email from you will have the opportunity to sign up.

Talk to some of your friends, I'm sure at least 2 or 3 will be more than happy to help. Make sure you walk them through the offers step by step! So no mistakes are made.[/quote8eb164485a]
These are some tips from UCHalf.com....I'm not trying to knock them or anything because I don't know anything about them, but both of those first ones could be considered spamming and that third one is definitely going to get you DQd....

How good is this site?

theysayjump

20-04-2006 12:18:01

Also, I've tried sending e-mails to people with my ref links in the sig, and they don't get them because they contain the word "free" and such like.

One way around that is to just TinyUrl them.

Killer722

20-04-2006 12:37:03

Thanks a lot for the tips guys. I really appreciate it.

Killer722

20-04-2006 12:48:34

Oh crap...

I just updated my Paypal Account to a Premium account...

It didn't even warn me of a fee or anything. I was waiting for the screen to explain the fees but it never came...

How much do they charge me?

Killer722

20-04-2006 12:53:58

Wait, nevermind. 2.9% of recieving fees is fine with me.

jy3

20-04-2006 15:57:19

another great way to start out is to do a credit card offer that will give u a gift card for signing up, like citibank diamond rewards. they give u $50 or $100 depending on the promo. then use the giftcard for whatever u want that would constitute daily expenses and convert the $ u would have spent on daily expenses into $ to spend getting refs.
i also recommend that u trade instead of pay for refs to start...or at least mostly trade

theysayjump

20-04-2006 16:06:19

Tell you what, I'll buy you a $30 ePassporte account and then I'll pimp your ass. You do greens for money and trades, I keep the cash and you get the greens for the site(s) you need.

Sounds fair to me.

Killer722

21-04-2006 11:15:21

[quotede2cbbdc02="theysayjump"]Tell you what, I'll buy you a $30 ePassporte account and then I'll pimp your ass. You do greens for money and trades, I keep the cash and you get the greens for the site(s) you need.

Sounds fair to me.[/quotede2cbbdc02]

Hmm, so wait, elaborate on this please...

You'll get me a $30 account...

But what about when I do a green for money...won't you get the money?

Just please clarify. D