New topic so soon, but important question

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=37186

somethinggarlic

11-04-2006 19:27:18

I've noticed that my availability of sites to do for trades is (are?) dwindling. So that means I need to get into the paypal game. I have been getting a lot of mixed answers about what the requierments are for getting an account, but my impression is that all you need is a savings account so that you can give them your bank number and routing number right? No Credit card needed right? All I have at the moment is a savings account at Well's Fargo and a buncha used giftcards. What exactly are the requirements to get a paypal account? Thanks.

crazyates

11-04-2006 19:28:21

you can use a cc...but either way it works

theysayjump

11-04-2006 19:31:02

[quote4906069f92]Getting Started[/size4906069f92]

[b4906069f92]What information is required to open a personal PayPal account?[/b4906069f92]

To open a personal PayPal account, you must provide your name, address, phone number, and email address. In order to make payments using PayPal, you must provide a credit card, or debit card, or bank account information.

We also ask that you choose two different security questions to answer (such as your city of birth or your pet's name). This information is necessary for us to process transactions, issue a new password if you forget or lose your password, protect you against credit card fraud and checking account fraud, and to contact you should the need arise in administering your account.[/quote4906069f92]

https//www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_help&eloc=0&loc=53&source_page=_account&flow=

somethinggarlic

11-04-2006 20:04:03

Also, probably incredibly stupid question, but where do you get the bank account number and routing number for the signup? You guys are all adults im assuming, and I feel as if you guys should know.

t.money

11-04-2006 20:35:23

You should be able to get your account number off the top of a statement (mine are avalible online) and the routing number is off the bottom of any check (always the same)

jy3

12-04-2006 10:00:10

routing numbers are the same for everyone, they are determined by the bank. you can actually call and ask the bank or just look on a check or your statement.
i used google and found mine and it is correct.
something to note for paypal, there is a difference in fees between a credit card based and a bank account based paypal account.