itunes trouble. :(

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=36352

ilanbg

29-03-2006 20:18:46

Random music files on my iPod have become corrupted (anyone know how? ( ). Many of them were bought on the ITMS, and now apparently I can't download them again.

What can I do? Is this music lost forever?

And nobody suggest downloading them illegally; I hate the sound quality from pilfered MP3s.

compuguru

29-03-2006 21:23:29

Contact the ITunes support and tell them your situation. They have me a credit for a song that was corrupted when I downloaded it. shrug

theman2005

29-03-2006 21:25:41

i have had some songs corrupted before as well. What i did was look around in the system folder of iTunes on the iPod itself. Inside, there are a few files. The key file is the itunesDB file (no extension). Further down, there are "backup" or temporary files that reads Temp1 or the such which is usually over a megabyte in size, depending hwo many songs you have. Just rename your old itunesDB file to something else and make a copy of that temp file and name it to the itunescontrol file name. It worked wonders for me.

X\iPod_Control\iTunes

ilanbg

29-03-2006 21:29:17

[quote782a14b6e1="compuguru"]Contact the ITunes support and tell them your situation. They have me a credit for a song that was corrupted when I downloaded it. shrug[/quote782a14b6e1]

The song was only corrupted recently; it used to work. Would I still get credit?

And it's like dozens of songs too. (

[quote782a14b6e1="theman2005"]i have had some songs corrupted before as well. What i did was look around in the system folder of iTunes on the iPod itself. Inside, there are a few files. The key file is the itunesDB file (no extension). Further down, there are "backup" or temporary files that reads Temp1 or the such which is usually over a megabyte in size, depending hwo many songs you have. Just rename your old itunesDB file to something else and make a copy of that temp file and name it to the itunescontrol file name. It worked wonders for me.

X\iPod_Control\iTunes[/quote782a14b6e1]

I'm on a mac. I'm pretty sure tampering with my music files is what fucked them up in the first place. Plus I'm not even sure what you just said, but maybe that's because I don't use PCs. shrug

Thanks to ye both though.