"out of contact" trader

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=34281

jfaninord

01-03-2006 22:26:04

If I am in a trade with someone and he goes green for me, but then doesn't give me his link so that I can sign up on his site, even after pming him 2 or 3 times to remind him he hasn't given me his link, he replies finally and says he'll send me the link within the next week, and then nearly a month passes without hearing anything... what happens to the trade? Do I have to keep my signup on his site reserved for him if and when he ever does come back, or after a certain amount of time is it acceptable to just do the site for someone else (and offer the original trader paypal compensation for going green for me if he ever does get back in contact with me again)?

fgr_admin

01-03-2006 22:47:50

[quotea83614b396="jfaninord"]If I am in a trade with someone and he goes green for me, but then doesn't give me his link so that I can sign up on his site, even after pming him 2 or 3 times to remind him he hasn't given me his link, he replies finally and says he'll send me the link within the next week, and then nearly a month passes without hearing anything... what happens to the trade? Do I have to keep my signup on his site reserved for him if and when he ever does come back, or after a certain amount of time is it acceptable to just do the site for someone else (and offer the original trader paypal compensation for going green for me if he ever does get back in contact with me again)?[/quotea83614b396]

I would think 30 days is way long enough to wait. Also have you been approved yet?

jfaninord

02-03-2006 08:01:03

On the site he did for me? Yeah, he was the last green I needed and it was approved fine and I got my item.

kt006

02-03-2006 08:12:48

I would just say keep the option of signing up for him open for a little while unless you have a lot of trades on to do.
It's not your fault he didn't do anything to get his side of the deal going.

jy3

02-03-2006 11:43:32

also, sometimes stuff comes up. death in the family, having to travel, etc. any alternative ways to contact him?