Gift Card expirations?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=34153

applejoice

01-03-2006 00:49:58

I'm in California where expiration dates for gift cards don't apply, but if I were to sell them to people in states where they do apply, would it say that it's expired when they try to use it if it's been a while? Or does gift card expirations go according to where they are bought? Thank you )

fgr_admin

01-03-2006 14:18:30

[quoteec9c245cf9="applejoice"]I'm in California where expiration dates for gift cards don't apply, but if I were to sell them to people in states where they do apply, would it say that it's expired when they try to use it if it's been a while? Or does gift card expirations go according to where they are bought? Thank you )[/quoteec9c245cf9]

Pretty sure it goes by the state they were purchased in. Since other states actually print a exp date on the GC they sell

applejoice

02-03-2006 02:46:51

thanks for the info; that's what i'm thinking too. but some do print the exp and say that it's not applicable if you are in the states where it's prohibited though, such as amazon ones. i guess i'll just have to call and check if i want to be absolutely sure.

jy3

02-03-2006 11:45:13

yeah supposedly this going to be a national law. but to my knowledge it hasnt been passed yet.