help a newb plz

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=33930

akalic

26-02-2006 02:15:37

1. credit card name for an offer have to match with your trainn account name?

2. my friend did the first page of true.com, but closed it. He tried the offer again but it told him to log in, he has not put in his cc yet, what should he do?

3. does email have to match along with the real name as well?

compuguru

26-02-2006 07:52:53

[quote2d89c08583="akalic"]1. credit card name for an offer have to match with your trainn account name?[/quote2d89c08583]
I don't think the name on the CC really matters.

[quote2d89c08583="akalic"]2. my friend did the first page of true.com, but closed it. He tried the offer again but it told him to log in, he has not put in his cc yet, what should he do?[/quote2d89c08583]
You should never do an offer more than once, that is frading.

[quote2d89c08583="akalic"]3. does email have to match along with the real name as well?[/quote2d89c08583]
I don't really understand this question. shrug

Berky34

26-02-2006 07:55:05

[quote4da6aa9e2a="compuguru"][quote4da6aa9e2a="akalic"]1. credit card name for an offer have to match with your trainn account name?[/quote4da6aa9e2a]
I don't think the name on the CC really matters.

[quote4da6aa9e2a="akalic"]2. my friend did the first page of true.com, but closed it. He tried the offer again but it told him to log in, he has not put in his cc yet, what should he do?[/quote4da6aa9e2a]
You should never do an offer more than once, that is frading.

[quote4da6aa9e2a="akalic"]3. does email have to match along with the real name as well?[/quote4da6aa9e2a]
I don't really understand this question. shrug[/quote4da6aa9e2a]
Well I dont believe he tried to fraud it. Here is this what happened? You filled out the first page and whatever then when you clicked submit it exited out of it right? Because it happened to my friend, he never got an email or credit. I'd say go with another offer.

compuguru

26-02-2006 08:09:20

[quote5cccffbfea="Berky34"]Well I dont believe he tried to fraud it. Here is this what happened? You filled out the first page and whatever then when you clicked submit it exited out of it right? Because it happened to my friend, he never got an email or credit. I'd say go with another offer.[/quote5cccffbfea]
I agree. I think I misundestood what he was saying there.

akalic

26-02-2006 13:09:54

yeah, but the thing is my friend didn't even complete the offer, it tells him to log in. Isn't it possible to keep going?

And my other question is, if the CC doesn't matter, i can use ANY cc to do an offer with a different name. The thing is that, my friend did an offer that had corresponding emails with trainn/true.com and got credited. Another friend didn't know he had to do that, and signed up with a different email, and did not get credited, which makes me wonder if you need the same email. With that being said, i'm thinking that CC doesn't matter at all, but emails have to allign for each offer. Now does first name and last name have to as well?

jy3

27-02-2006 05:49:46

not sure about emails having to be the same. I would think it would make it easier. The tracking used does not use emails but Iwould think it would make manual credit easier. cant u just change the email on your trainn account to what you are going to use to sign up?

akalic

01-03-2006 16:47:06

if my friend changed it through the account, will my referral (him) email change as well? Anyone experience this before?

fgr_admin

01-03-2006 20:07:28

[quote9f1a58f752="akalic"]1. credit card name for an offer have to match with your trainn account name?

2. my friend did the first page of true.com, but closed it. He tried the offer again but it told him to log in, he has not put in his cc yet, what should he do?

3. does email have to match along with the real name as well?[/quote9f1a58f752]

1) yes cc has to match the name on the account. It states in the Tos that you are not allowed to have others complete your offer. This means if John A joins a site, then John A has to be the cc holder.

2) Ive had this happen to my friends. Tell him to login. Go to "my account', then on the bottom of the list will be update cc info, or something like that. He can then pay for his trial membership. Ive found you almost always have to do manual credit though.

3) Yes they do. If you have to request manual credit. They will check that the email is same name as on the site

akalic

01-03-2006 23:58:50

hey guys, so heres what happened.

1. my friend signs up with his full name, and has an email to along with it. Now, his credit card is also alligned with his name. Do offers (true.com, tickle IQ in particular) need to have the same name as trainn's account? or the credit card's name?

We do not see any credit card information you submit to an advertiser.

2. Can someone have a totally different named credit card, but sign up to tickle IQ test with a different name?

We do not see any credit card information you submit to an advertiser.

3. Can someone sign up with different emails on an offer? (different emails for TI + offer)

Yes, offer reporting is not dependent on matching email addresses

4. my friend recently signed up for true.com, he only finished the first step (putting in his email, name etc.) He closed the window due to an error. Now he goes back to true.com and it says his email is in use. Now this email is the same email as the one he signed up with TI. What should he do?

It varies by company, but in general the safest thing to do is to use another email address with them given the circumstances.

My friend signed up to true.com with a different email than TIs, and he did not credit. Whereas another referral had the same emails, and did get credited.

Offer reporting is not dependent on matching email addresses.

5. My referral says that when he signed up for the tickle IQ test, his email account was in use, can he change it so it wont' be in use? But won't this make the email from TI and the email from tickle different? will that affect anything?
all these questions revolve around the same issue, i guess 4/5 are more specific.

They would need to contact the advertiser to see about removing their information from the system, but as long as they have not completed the offer before, they may sign-up under a different email address and be eligible for credit.

Thank you.

these were answered by JC btw.