New to the free thing and I have a few questions. Thanks!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=33523

BntyHntr5

20-02-2006 23:08:22

Well, I've always thought this was a scam till I was proved to that it wasn't. I'm now interested and have never done it before. I have paypal and a Debitcard, etc.

So if you can just verify this for me,

I sign up for this free item, be it a laptop or mp3player, etc.

I sign up for an offer. I give them all my info, CC number, etc.
]

After I've done my own offer, I then get 5 of my friends to do the exact same thing I did?

Once I have all 5 friends signed up and everything is green, I get sent my free item?

My main questions are, am I going to recieve alot of junk mail? (Snail mail) in my mailbox at home? I don't want that.

I have this phobia about giving all these companies my information when I sign up for the offers? Am I retarded? Should I not worry?

Also, if I do , do this, I can get good at it, ,etc and make some good money by accepting peoples money for me signing up under them?

Thanks so much in advance.
David.

CoMpFrEaK

20-02-2006 23:54:48

First off welcome to the forums, one rule you should know about is we dont talk about canceling offers, so you may have violated that with your post, but just edit it and you'll be fine.

Yes, you can make money by accepting peoples offers to do their sites, but the real money is in doing the sites and getting paid by the sites.

You really shouldnt receive snail mail junk, if you do it wont be much. I havent really noticed any. I guess its dependant on which offers you complete.

Yes, you are giving companies your information, though you're giving companies such as blockbuster, aol, bmg, earthlink your credit card. I mean if you cant trust them then you might as well never do anything online. Look into the offers you're interested in, most are good offers, though there are a few shady ones.

BntyHntr5

21-02-2006 04:19:49

Thanks for the reply! What do you mean, doing the sites? How would you get paid by a site?

ajasax

21-02-2006 07:24:17

[quote64bab8d15a="BntyHntr5"]Thanks for the reply! What do you mean, doing the sites? How would you get paid by a site?[/quote64bab8d15a]
The [u64bab8d15a]Transcendant Innovation sites (Trainn)[=http//www.trainn.org]Transcendant Innovation sites (Trainn)[/u64bab8d15a] all have an option to deposit $ into your Paypal account instead of a gift.

MyungChunHa

21-02-2006 12:25:45

Firstly, Welcome and if you want to start trading pm me and ill help you through a first trade if you want wink ....
if you are worried about junk mail, just create a new e-mail specifically for freebie sites....that way you won't ever have to bother with junk mail....and about the issue of giving up all of you info, use the paypal virtual credit card....that won't link back to your original (physical) CC ever and your bank account won't be touched...plus read through the TOS and privacy policy of every offer you complete and you should feel a lot better because they are bound by the law what they state in those....you should never have a problem about them giving you info away, ever....because they are mostly legit companies looking for real customers and they won't jeopordize that....

johnjimjones

21-02-2006 12:45:57

You have to watch out for a FEW (not many) shady offers like InstantCast and you can find out what offers are good by using the search feature above next to Gallery and Users. Also you can go to www.ratetheoffers.com for more offer information.

MyungChunHa

21-02-2006 13:04:51

[quoteaefcb719e7="johnjimjones"]You have to watch out for a FEW (not many) shady offers like InstantCast and you can find out what offers are good by using the search feature above next to Gallery and Users. Also you can go to www.ratetheoffers.com for more offer information.[/quoteaefcb719e7]
i freaking hate instant cast with a passion evil ....they are horrible at customer service and their site sucks, plus they don't have anything to offer really....whatever you do, avoid them if you can....

hilaryfanatic09

21-02-2006 13:54:13

You not only need to watch out for shady offers, but sometimes shady people. I think most of the people on this site are pretty honest, but just make sure that you are trading with someone legit and always use the trade module.

MyungChunHa

21-02-2006 14:43:10

[quote629693d6e4="hilaryfanatic09"]You not only need to watch out for shady offers, but sometimes shady people. I think most of the people on this site are pretty honest, but just make sure that you are trading with someone legit and always use the trade module.[/quote629693d6e4]
and the scammers section on this site....thats helped me out quite a few times....

BntyHntr5

21-02-2006 14:59:02

Thanks alot guys. You have been a huge help in answering my questions.

BntyHntr5

21-02-2006 15:09:24

Well, I cannot find anywhere on the paypal site about a virtual credit card. I DO have paypal, but its linked to my own bank account.

ajasax

21-02-2006 15:41:23

On Paypal go to Withdraw -> Shop online with a PayPal virtual card Then just enter a URL. I think this should work with any URL. I wouldn't use the offer's URL cause that might mess up your crediting for it. Just use one of the ones from the drop-down box. Btw, you have to have add a CC to Paypal anyways in order to use this feature.