Charged TWICE by ECurves Clubhouse without authorizing

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=32317

unknown uchiha

06-02-2006 10:53:42

My friend wanted to do the TruGenix Hoodia offer for one of his sites but was low on cash so I gave him my credit card to use. He used the shipment and stuff but didn't want it anymore so he called to discontinue the autoshipment. Along with the terms and conditions, it says that he was subscribed to eCurvesClubhouse and would be charged $6 per week at a monthly rate if he didn't cancel that one. He asked how to cancel that and he was told that the guy would cancel for him.

Now I see a 28.97 charge on my card which they bitch about when I call them saying that the person wouldn't "lie" about cancelling and stuff and then on Friday I get another letter from eCurveClubhouse saying that now I'M also signed up for it so I discontinue that because that was bullshit and now I get charged AFTER I terminated my eCurvesClubhouse membership.

I just got off the phone with some lady there and she's all complaining and stuff. WTH?

FreeOffersNow

06-02-2006 10:57:37

Moved to "Help!"

unknown uchiha

06-02-2006 11:03:09

Ah thanks =D
edit
congrats on post 5300 =P

brendenipod

11-02-2006 19:54:44

a lot of people get burned on those diet pill offers signing you up for ecurves. If you read the TOS carefully though, there will always be a cancellation number and the lenght of the free trial. Still, kind of sketchy on the part of the company if you ask me though.

unknown uchiha

11-02-2006 20:11:34

Yup, definitely. I hate companies that pull a one-up on you and stuff. I got owned TWICE ><

brendenipod

11-02-2006 20:13:44

i really wonder how they expect people to legitately be interested in offers like that when they have such a poor record. I think that it really just makes people wnat to fraud them....no one wins

Narakukuku

14-03-2006 06:09:12

Well I was just screwed over as well.

unknown uchiha

14-03-2006 14:01:51

Wait, make that THREE times. They got to my Paypal card as well for some reason, and I know for a fact that I have not been dealing with any trial pill or tangible trial offers in the past few months. All I've been doing are like Paycom.net and Tickle offers, and somehow they find a way to charge me for this one. WTF?

ghondi

14-03-2006 14:35:06

Chargeback!

Call your credit card company and paypal and let them know you did not authorize those charges...vwala problem solved....in 4-6weeks...

unknown uchiha

14-03-2006 18:35:35

It's my Paypal MasterCard, so I guess I'll be calling them up on this one tomorrow.

applejoice

16-03-2006 22:33:55

i got enrolled in ecurves through ultraburn pm and they have this in ultraburn's terms
[quoted31f971285]If a chargeback is enacted by you with your credit card company for any billing from Trugenix or eCurves Clubhouse then you agree that the chargeback will be considered a violation of this agreement and will be sent into collections to recover all monies charged back to Trugenix or ecCurves Clubhouse, including but not limited to, a chargeback fee of $30.00 charged to Trugenix and/or eCurves Clubhouse by the processing credit card company, all costs of collections, and attorney fees of $150.00 if referred to legal counsel for collection efforts.[/quoted31f971285]
|

ghondi

16-03-2006 23:29:01

[quote52498b60d0="applejoice"]i got enrolled in ecurves through ultraburn pm and they have this in ultraburn's terms
[quote52498b60d0]If a chargeback is enacted by you with your credit card company for any billing from Trugenix or eCurves Clubhouse then you agree that the chargeback will be considered a violation of this agreement and will be sent into collections to recover all monies charged back to Trugenix or ecCurves Clubhouse, including but not limited to, a chargeback fee of $30.00 charged to Trugenix and/or eCurves Clubhouse by the processing credit card company, all costs of collections, and attorney fees of $150.00 if referred to legal counsel for collection efforts.[/quote52498b60d0]
|[/quote52498b60d0]

Even if you do a chargeback(gotta cancel first) against their TOS, you'd end up winning in court due to you were told that you were taken off the autoship program and infact weren't. Hell you could possibly counter-sue.

unknown uchiha

17-03-2006 13:09:04

Exactly. And I believe those terms and conditions were just put in since I have gotten charged back for 104.xx that they stole from me a while back.