A question about offers....

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=32256

DrkWarlock

05-02-2006 10:34:51

1. Completion of Offers

(a) Users may only receive credit for first time offer completions. If the user has previously signed up for an offer elsewhere, he or she cannot receive credit for completing that offer on our network. For example, a user who is already a member of eBay may not sign up for the eBay offer through our website.

Thats what I just read in the TOS and I am wondering if it applies in this scenario. I used to be a member of Blockbuster Online a while back but had discontinued membership due to some financial situations. Would I be able to sign up for this offer and not be placed on hold? The above statement is a little vague because it says "a user who is already a member." So if I am not a member anymore, I should be OK? Right?

-Drk

kevxross

05-02-2006 10:39:02

According to those terms you can't do Blockbuster Online for them. Whether or not you'd get credit, I don't know - it's possible. I'd say it's not worth the risk, but that's entirely up to you.

DrkWarlock

05-02-2006 10:41:22

Hmm, thats what I was thinking too but it clearly says (or is at least suggesting) that you can not sign up for an offer if you are [i9a14d61f37]already[/i9a14d61f37] a member of that company.

Anyways, say I do try and do it and receive credit and later I submit for approval. Would they catch it there and deny me?

KeithA

05-02-2006 10:50:16

It isn't clear to me whether the term "offer" is to be interpreted narrowly (meaning the Blockbuster 2-week free trial offer) or in a broader sense (meaning any prior experience as a customer of Blockbuster).

It seems like the latter, since they appear to be looking for entirely new customers--but since eBay doesn't require a recurring subscription, and Blockbuster does, it's difficult to determine whether you are "already a member" of Blockbuster in Freepay's eyes.

If you do try it and receive credit in the first place, you likely will not have it stripped from you during the approval process.

DrkWarlock

05-02-2006 11:11:47

[quote908352dfd8="KeithA"]It isn't clear to me whether the term "offer" is to be interpreted narrowly (meaning the Blockbuster 2-week free trial offer) or in a broader sense (meaning any prior experience as a customer of Blockbuster).

It seems like the latter, since they appear to be looking for entirely new customers--but since eBay doesn't require a recurring subscription, and Blockbuster does, it's difficult to determine whether you are "already a member" of Blockbuster in Freepay's eyes.

If you do try it and receive credit in the first place, you likely will not have it stripped from you during the approval process.[/quote908352dfd8]

Alright, thanks for clearing it up. I think I will try it and see what happens.