Free Home theaters?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=32092

Driscollv2

02-02-2006 09:57:08

Is there a specific site (legit) that offers home theaters? Or a site that had a home theater for a prize? I saw one in someones post, but couldn't get to the website. Thanks.

justinag06

02-02-2006 10:17:51

I don't really know what all you mean when you say home theater.

There are numerous freebie sites for plasma, or LCD HDTV's. There might be some that offers speakers, or recievers.

As to an all in one package though...I doubt it

freebie sites thrive on attracting people. A home theater is damn expensive and would require a lot of work, refs or offer completions to recieve, so im leaning towards no.
search around in the DIY forum though

PoPoJiJo

02-02-2006 11:36:39

this is close to what your asking
http//www.bigwin.com/landings/win_template_04.jsp?modi=v2

d3athtonic

02-02-2006 14:06:15

BOSE home theater system is definitely the best.

tsanghan

02-02-2006 21:56:09

thats pretty sick i wonder ho wmany offers needed

skillet2003

02-02-2006 22:18:11

[quote5173fc8078="d3athtonic"]BOSE home theater system is definitely the best.[/quote5173fc8078]

haha, your kidding right? i wouldn't pay more than 200 for that piece of crap, i'll do you a favor and tell you right now its not worth it. bose blose. and if you don't believe me then you don't know anything about audio so don't act like you do. http//www.intellexual.net/bose.html i suggest doing one of the diy sites for the $1000 visa card then contact me and I'll give you a few much better options for that price.

p.s. and this isn't to trash you specifically athtonic just a general comment about the item.

v0h

03-02-2006 05:31:54

[quote7da6385ce4="skillet2003"][quote7da6385ce4="d3athtonic"]BOSE home theater system is definitely the best.[/quote7da6385ce4]

haha, your kidding right? i wouldn't pay more than 200 for that piece of crap, i'll do you a favor and tell you right now its not worth it. bose blose. and if you don't believe me then you don't know anything about audio so don't act like you do. http//www.intellexual.net/bose.html i suggest doing one of the diy sites for the $1000 visa card then contact me and I'll give you a few much better options for that price.

p.s. and this isn't to trash you specifically athtonic just a general comment about the item.[/quote7da6385ce4]

If you know anything about 'Audio' like you say you do, you would know that Bose is a top of the line product with a price tag that matches it. I work at Tweeter, a store which sells and specializes in these items, and I'll tell you, Sony, Pioneer, Cambridge Soundworks, and many other home theatres do not even come CLOSE to Bose. It's not an opinion..it's a fact. Bose out ranks them all. The sound is pristine and fills your room so well. Comparing this to Pioneer and Sony who's sound is often ruffled in the backround by scratching and clawing noises and irregular sounds, people turn towards the Bose. Bose is easily the most popular system company in our store. I honestly think you know chicken shit about sound systems judging by your hate and incompetent knowledge of Bose; NO OFFENSE THO!!! roll

hehehhehe

03-02-2006 09:46:00

[quoteb59b60180f="v0h"]
If you know anything about 'Audio' like you say you do, you would know that Bose is a top of the line product with a price tag that matches it. I work at Tweeter, a store which sells and specializes in these items, and I'll tell you, Sony, Pioneer, Cambridge Soundworks, and many other home theatres do not even come CLOSE to Bose. It's not an opinion..it's a fact. Bose out ranks them all. The sound is pristine and fills your room so well. Comparing this to Pioneer and Sony who's sound is often ruffled in the backround by scratching and clawing noises and irregular sounds, people turn towards the Bose. Bose is easily the most popular system company in our store. I honestly think you know chicken shit about sound systems judging by your hate and incompetent knowledge of Bose; NO OFFENSE THO!!! roll[/quoteb59b60180f]
Oh my god, you didn't...

Anytime someone praises Bose, it exposes how little they know about audio equipment. I guess the fact that you even bring up Sony and Pioneer is very telling. You say it's a fact that BOSE is awesome. Well, why don't you look around and research about what goes into Bose systems (cheap paper cone tweeters, etc.)? Also go to any forum with some hard core audiophiles and see what they say about Bose. It's a common fact that Bose is not top line.

Well, at least I now know where not to go to shop for a home theater.

ilanbg

03-02-2006 10:08:58

I don't know about the Bose speakers, but I know their Triports are pretty awful for the price. They sound good to the untrained ear, but those who know about audio can hear the muddy bass and weak treble.

egg242

03-02-2006 10:12:05

Yup. Do your research, Bose is the overpriced name brand of the audio world. Sort of like Monster Cables. They suck, and cost waaay too much over other brands.

Bose Headphones for $250 or Sennheiser HD-280 Pro's for $90? My Sennheisers will kill em anyday.

hehehhehe

03-02-2006 10:24:57

Well, Monster cables are overpriced but they are still good. They use good materials even if it might be unnecessary, unlike Bose. Sound engineers even seem to admit that, but they can make their own cables much cheaper.

Also go to audioreview.com and see the ratings the acoustimass get. They are around the 2.5/5 level, which is horrible (only counting those that have hundreds of ratings).

ilanbg

03-02-2006 10:46:36

Sennheiser is the shit. I just got a pair a few days ago (the 25's) and they are far better than the Triports I also have. Far, [i1102980e96]far[/i1102980e96] better.

skillet2003

03-02-2006 11:35:55

[quote038d1e7586="v0h"]
If you know anything about 'Audio' like you say you do, you would know that Bose is a top of the line product with a price tag that matches it. I work at Tweeter, a store which sells and specializes in these items, and I'll tell you, Sony, Pioneer, Cambridge Soundworks, and many other home theatres do not even come CLOSE to Bose. It's not an opinion..it's a fact. Bose out ranks them all. The sound is pristine and fills your room so well. Comparing this to Pioneer and Sony who's sound is often ruffled in the backround by scratching and clawing noises and irregular sounds, people turn towards the Bose. Bose is easily the most popular system company in our store. I honestly think you know chicken shit about sound systems judging by your hate and incompetent knowledge of Bose; NO OFFENSE THO!!! roll[/quote038d1e7586]

i love it when ignorant people post what they know nothing about. i knew this post would come which is why if you tell me that bose is the best i say my response again you know crap about audio. oh and sony and pioneer? who are you kidding try some betters name like krell and dynaudio. krell alone makes a subwoofer called the master refrence subwofer (named this way for a reason) costs 25k and i'm sure as hell can bet that can beat anything "sony" or oh my gosh even "bose" can make. you could have least mentioned the sony es or pioneer elite models to at least put some kind of reliability of your account. but even then those models have nothing compared to dynaudio evidence master for 85k a pair these are one of if not the best speakers in the world. but since your in the 2-3k range i mention at least definitive, svs, onix to name a few even more popular like klipsch could do better. look at some models with the thx logo, granteed most of them are overpriced because of the logo but they have this logo and for good reason. there are tons of other alternatives to bose in that price range and far more up more than i even know about. too bad most people believe audio revolves around the few names such as bose, sony, and pioneer.

p.s. don't forget that link i put in my post http//www.intellexual.net/bose.html i put it in there so newbies like you can read and maybe learn something. can anyone say wheres the frequency response chart blose, i mean bose?!?!?!?!

p.s.s. also on another note where did you hear that bose was good? my favorite quote from that article
"Audio newbies often throw out the "But I heard that Bose is good!" defense, to which I respond "From who?" Was it a sound engineer, electrical engineer, materials scientist, studio engineer, sound producer, recording professional, musician, Mark Levinson? Ray Dolby? George Lucas? Anyone credible? Or was it your neighbor with the GoldStar walkman, Teac boom box, Funai mini-system, and Sylvania receiver? Perhaps the ubiquitous Bose Ads that they find in completely irrelevant magazines such as Popular Science, Times, Playboy, GQ, People, Astronomy, etc, had some sort of subliminal effect against the better of their judgment? But that's just conjecture..."

v0h

03-02-2006 19:31:55

Considering I work full time at Tweeter, my knowledge is vast in many types of speakers and I'm probably more knowedgable in the field, so you probably shouldn't be arguing with me unless you work full time at an electronics store or personally own Bose. Your opinon is out of line and not to mention stupid. You may call me ignorant and other names but your own stupidity is shown through your lack of knowledge towards the Bose company. Bose speakers are not made of cheap materials. I've had my Bose A10 speakers for about ten years now, and even then so a hand me down from my father after he passed away. These speakers have not a scratch on them, they're in immaculate condition. Almost 75% of my customers that I personally help, chose to go with a Bose speaker due to past experience, and not people new to speakers. Even so, the phrase 'you get what you pay for' applies here. You pay the money, or in this case do the offers, you're going to get a high quality system that will keep giving back for a long time. I used my 50% of to buy a speaker dock for my iPod and absolutely love it. It's one of the highest selling products at our store at the moment. In conclusion, you're out of line to be arguing with someone who does this job all day. You may think you know a lot, but you're probably one of the customers we call 'recreational' as in you come, buy your speakers, and never return. It's probably a one shot deal with you, you buy your speakers and don't return to accesorize them or add on equipment. Krell and dynaudio speakers are good, but often made by third world countries with cheap plastics. We stopped selling them because we got too many returns, that being the dynaudio. Choose your words well sir, because you don't have the credibility that I do. I don't have a 'claim to fame' except speakers. This is my fortay. roll

CollidgeGraduit

03-02-2006 19:59:37

[quote4d2c39bc5e="v0h"]This is my fortay. roll[/quote4d2c39bc5e]

Forte roll

v0h

03-02-2006 20:05:44

True..brain fart from all that writing P