Arg! It's so frustrating!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=29974

Kev555Bob

07-01-2006 09:19:57

Okay,

So I joined ipodnanos.freepay.com . And completed the 25$ Canadian Tire gift card, it was charged on the credit card, and I got my member's card.

The problem is that I used my name for the freepay account and completed the offer with my mother's credit card AND name so there wouldn't be any credit card complications.

It's been over 25 days since I signed up for the offer and I've been a member for 15 (with 15 days left before my trial ends).

I scanned my member's card and sent it to them, but they sent me this e-mail and closed my inquiry!

"I am sorry however that email is insufficient. Can you please copy and paste the same email again except this time with the headers and footers included? What I mean by this is the To, From, Subject, and Date fields that come with every email. We require this information for verification purposes. Thank you for your cooperation."

I didn't send an e-mail I sent a scan of my member's card!

The e-mail they want got deleted by hotmail after being in my junk mail for 5 days and I sent another inquiry hoping they at least look at the scan I sent them.

If they can't do anything for me, can I ask them to close my account, cancel my galleria trial, open a new account with my mother's name, and do the same offer with the same credit card so there wouldn't be any name complications?

Or is there a better solution to finally get my hands on a free ipod nano?

Somebody help me! It's so freaking frustrating!!!!

theysayjump

07-01-2006 10:07:43

Whenever I do an offer on any site, I make sure that I get the confirmation e-mail (if they send one) and keep it, as well as taking screenshots of my progress as I went through signing up for the offer.

I think your best bet is to just contact the company who own the offer (galleria?), and ask for another confirmation e-mail. I've done it before with a few offers and they have sent it to me.

It's worth a try.

If you can't get that confirmation e-mail then you won't get credit for it and to get credit you'll have to do another offer.

As for closing your account etc, accounts on Free sites (Freepay, Trainn etc) cannot be closed. Offers are given to you on a 1st time customer basis, so since your mum has already used her card to do that offer, then she isn't eligable to do it again.

Kev555Bob

07-01-2006 12:49:55

Hey, thanks a lot dude. I just called galleria and the guy said I should be getting the confirmation in less than 24 hours.

Woot!

theysayjump

07-01-2006 13:09:44

Cool.

I think they are assosciated with Connections who I had to ask for another confirmation e-mail from and they were pretty good about it. If you don't have it by this time tomorrow, I'd suggest calling them again on Monday and asking for it. Just keep asking until you get it.

Also, maybe you should open a Gmail account for doing offers and such because you will probably start to get Spam and if you're offer e-mails or confirmations go into your Spam folder in Gmail, they stay there for 30 days.

Let me know if you need an invite.

Kev555Bob

07-01-2006 18:38:47

[quotebde13e90cc="theysayjump"]Cool.

I think they are assosciated with Connections who I had to ask for another confirmation e-mail from and they were pretty good about it. If you don't have it by this time tomorrow, I'd suggest calling them again on Monday and asking for it. Just keep asking until you get it.

Also, maybe you should open a Gmail account for doing offers and such because you will probably start to get Spam and if you're offer e-mails or confirmations go into your Spam folder in Gmail, they stay there for 30 days.

Let me know if you need an invite.[/quotebde13e90cc]

Yeah, using my Gmail account is a pretty good idea since the e-mail I used is my main one. Anyway, I don't mind getting tons of spam, as long as I have a completely free precious little iPod nano in my hands in a month or two. D

Thanks again for your help.

Kev555Bob

11-01-2006 14:50:25

I called galleria 3 times to ask them to send the confirmation to my hotmail account a got none of them. I even called a fourth time to ask them to send one to my gmail account and also didn't get it.

Can anyone help me out. I really want a free iPod nano and time is running out. [bf79b500c28]I have to cancel my acount in 10 days![/bf79b500c28]

akalic

11-01-2006 15:35:48

I don't know what we can do, really. Mine credited just fine and i used my friends credit card. However, i also signed up under his name so i don't know if that changes anything. (maybe in your case it does) Anywho, we don't talk about cancelling here ...read the rules..