Please HELP!! Newbie that is very desperate!!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=29714

DrkWarlock

03-01-2006 17:51:34

Hello all!!

I just found out about this deal and ever since I have been going crazy trying to get one. I am 17 years old but unfortunately I do not own a credit card and trying to persuade my parent to do it is proving to be very difficult.

I am trying to get friends to do it but again, asking parents to do this is not so easy.

Good news though. My dad said that if I could get five people to sign up and complete the offer which would leave only me having to complete an offer to get the iPod, then he would let me do it. Only problem is, I am still having trouble referring people, let alone having them complete an offer.

So finally, my question to all of you is...Could I please have some advice or learn how you all got your free iPods? I am trying to get this iPod as fast as possible so I am so very desperate to learn how others got their referrals and had them complete offers.

PLEASE, I ask kindly for any and all help!!
You may email= me if you would like at email=dv_brook@yahoo.comdv_brook@yahoo.com me if you would like at email=dv_brook@yahoo.comdv_brook@yahoo.com/email

-Thanks!!

Daggoth

03-01-2006 17:58:56

You have a drivers license, right? Go to the local mall and buy a gift card. Or you can go to www.epassporte.com to buy a visa gift card online. The ones at epassporte have its own billing address, CVV, name on card, etc.

DrkWarlock

03-01-2006 18:04:39

So then those credit card/ gift cards work then?

I actually just received one for christmas.

If they do indeed work, how would I fill in the cardholder name and expiration date if its just a gift card?

-Thanks for the info so far!

Daggoth

03-01-2006 18:07:46

Well, epassporte has its own exp date and name on card. If I were you, I'd give your dad your gift card in exchange to use his cc to get an epassporte worth $30. Then, make a gift account that isn't linked to his credit card from that account. That will leave you with $25 to do offers without worrying about your dad being charged.

DrkWarlock

03-01-2006 18:21:35

Now I hope this isnt the wrong thing to do buuuut....is it possible I could pick up five of these gift cards and get all the referrals myself or give the cards to some friends to do the referrals for me? Is there any gift card cheaper than $30?

Also, any advice for getting greens fast?

This whole thing is starting to drive me crazy. Its been two months and I have gotten no where...

Daggoth

03-01-2006 18:24:23

1. No, doing it by yourself is frauding the offers. You will get caught for the following reason You have the same IP address and they will check it. They will put all your accounts on hold.

2. Yes, there are cheaper gift cards than $30 on epassporte. I suggest spending the extra $10 load fee so you won't be responsible for any overcharged fees.

3. Trading Ref for Ref is the fastest way to get green.

DrkWarlock

03-01-2006 18:42:45

Im sorry, youve been so much help to me so far and I am afriad I am a little dense.

Would I be able to pick up cheap gift cards with name and exp date on them at a store? I think this site says something about Coinstar... I dont want to go spending $30-$50 on gift cards, perhaps cheap $5 or $10 ones??

I am completely new to all of this. All i really want is to get that iPod relatively fast (as I am sure everyone else would like). I dont want to spend a lot of money (no more than $50 if possible). I dont know anything about trading refs or what-not.

I am sorry. I am being very vague but I just cant decide on what to say.

I really appreciate the help so far though!! Ive learned more about this in the last few minutes than I knew in the last couple of months!!

Daggoth

03-01-2006 18:50:08

Well, you will need a decent amount of money on that card to do refs for people, after all you need 5 refs to get an iPod, therfore your going to need to do five offers in exchange plus your own. Six offers usually will cost around $20-$30, depending on what you like. Blockbuster is a good offer that I decided to keep.

DrkWarlock

03-01-2006 20:04:14

Ok, so say I get five other friends to go out and buy gift cards. Could we in essense, sign up for eachother and all get an iPod? I know they check ip addresses but what if we were to all sign up on different computers each time?

Also, I have this $50 AMerican Express gift card. On it I see a credit card number, a "valid thru 12/07" and under that is "Gift Card Recipient" Would I be able to use this card?

compuguru

03-01-2006 20:18:05

[quote0cfbed5765="DrkWarlock"]Ok, so say I get five other friends to go out and buy gift cards. Could we in essense, sign up for eachother and all get an iPod? I know they check ip addresses but what if we were to all sign up on different computers each time?[/quote0cfbed5765]No, you can only sign up once. They check all your info, Name, Address, Etc.

[quote0cfbed5765="DrkWarlock"]Also, I have this $50 AMerican Express gift card. On it I see a credit card number, a "valid thru 12/07" and under that is "Gift Card Recipient" Would I be able to use this card?[/quote0cfbed5765]You may be able to, but it may be considered frauding an offer, as it is not a legitimate Credit Card.

DrkWarlock

03-01-2006 20:21:03

Hmm, well I heard the gift card/credit cards work....but "frauding an offer" -- that sounds like bad business. Could I get in some serious trouble, like lawsuits, or would my account just be suspended?

tylerc

03-01-2006 20:23:32

Just your account suspended.

DrkWarlock

04-01-2006 03:35:15

Ok, so this gift card thing may work. I just have a few more questions...

First, if I have mutiple computers networked throughout my house, each computer should still have a different ip address, right?

Second, I would like to know how long it takes most people to get approved and receive their gift. Maybe I am just impatient but its been two months and i dont even have five referrals yet!!

Third. SO then if the gift card thing works, I could do the point method on the Trainn site and get the ipod even easier, right?

compuguru

04-01-2006 04:53:21

[quote8c5716a07e="DrkWarlock"]Ok, so this gift card thing may work. I just have a few more questions...

First, if I have mutiple computers networked throughout my house, each computer should still have a different ip address, right?[/quote8c5716a07e]Nope. They all have the same IP address.

[quote8c5716a07e="DrkWarlock"]Second, I would like to know how long it takes most people to get approved and receive their gift. Maybe I am just impatient but its been two months and i dont even have five referrals yet!![/quote8c5716a07e]It varies. Some freepay sites take about a month to approve, but only a few days to send the gift. Other sites, like Trainn, approve in 6 business days.

[quote8c5716a07e="DrkWarlock"]Third. SO then if the gift card thing works, I could do the point method on the Trainn site and get the iPod even easier, right?[/quote8c5716a07e]Yes, you could. However, you are supposed to do offer you are legiatmetly interseted in.

Daggoth

04-01-2006 05:24:15

This guy is really wanting to fraud the offers in every which way.

TMill_CJ-NQ

04-01-2006 10:49:37

[quoteb726b76176="Daggoth"]This guy is really wanting to fraud the offers in every which way.[/quoteb726b76176]So it seems

DrkWarlock

04-01-2006 12:51:40

Not neccessarily. I mean, I would really like to know how everyone else is getting theirs and if it took them a long time. It just sems that I cant get anywhere with this.

I really appreciate the help though.

theysayjump

04-01-2006 13:01:17

The sites check more than your IP's, and more than you or anyone else may think. If you think you can get around it and cheat the system, then by all means give it a go, but just don't come here complaining when your accounts are placed on hold and you can never do another of their free sites again.

The people you refer must be unique and the only way for them to be unique, is for them to be different people.

If you have 5 friends or family who are willing to help you out, and they don't have a CC, then the Gift Cards should be fine, but just make sure you read all of the TOS on the cards, the free sites and the offers that you or your referrals do.

Also, I know that it will come up sooner or later, so please don't talk about the cancellation of offers, AT ALL.

We also have a Freepay rep on this forum and he may not take too kindly to the things you are suggesting to try.

DrkWarlock

04-01-2006 13:14:48

Thank you. I appreciate you explaining the rules and clearing things up.

I merely have one more question/clarification and I will be on my way..

The gift cards will work if I try to subscribe with an offer, correct?

I know it may have been said a couple of times but it would allow me to rest easy having one solid, confirming statement on the issue.

compuguru

04-01-2006 13:38:01

[quotedce504532a="DrkWarlock"]Thank you. I appreciate you explaining the rules and clearing things up.

I merely have one more question/clarification and I will be on my way..

The gift cards will work if I try to subscribe with an offer, correct?

I know it may have been said a couple of times but it would allow me to rest easy having one solid, confirming statement on the issue.[/quotedce504532a]
It should.

DrkWarlock

04-01-2006 13:47:12

Thank you and everyone else for the help!!

Lol, now I know that I said my previoud post would be my last however some things came up and I was hoping you guys could help me out just once more...

Ok, I just signed up for the blockbuster online offer. On Freepay, it says this offer should be instant but I have yet to see them credit me. How long should I expect this to take?

Second, I noticed via input from my friend that he does not have the same list of offer that I do and more importantly, he does not have the blockbuster online offer. Are the lists of offers random and is there any way that he could do the blockbuster one?

-Thanks!

compuguru

04-01-2006 15:12:55

[quote9159ab092e="DrkWarlock"]Ok, I just signed up for the blockbuster online offer. On Freepay, it says this offer should be instant but I have yet to see them credit me. How long should I expect this to take?[/quote9159ab092e]It can take a few days. If it takes over 15 days, you can submit a support ticket.
[quote9159ab092e="DrkWarlock"]Second, I noticed via input from my friend that he does not have the same list of offer that I do and more importantly, he does not have the blockbuster online offer. Are the lists of offers random and is there any way that he could do the blockbuster one?

-Thanks![/quote9159ab092e]
Hmm, is it a FreePay site? You should both be seeing the same offers if it's a FreePay site.

DrkWarlock

04-01-2006 15:33:41

Yes, we are both using freepay. I actually tested it myself by creating another account (dont worry, I wont be doing anythign with it) and saw that the list of offers were indeed different. Is this supposed to happen?

compuguru

04-01-2006 15:43:21

[quotec9d0ad22b1="DrkWarlock"]Yes, we are both using freepay. I actually tested it myself by creating another account (dont worry, I wont be doing anythign with it) and saw that the list of offers were indeed different. Is this supposed to happen?[/quotec9d0ad22b1]
Hmm, I never noticed it..Are the offers totally different?

DrkWarlock

04-01-2006 17:42:39

Well there are some similar offers between the two accounts but the order of them may be different and the Bluckbuster Onlin offer isnt even available for one of the accounts.

akalic

04-01-2006 18:48:32

are you allowed to make another account? even though you're not allowed, will they believe you?

tylerc

04-01-2006 18:49:34

As long as you don't do an offer on one of your accounts, you are fine.

theysayjump

04-01-2006 18:53:18

It probably wasn't the smartest idea to make another account, but nevertheless, you should be fine.

The reason that Blockbuster doesn't show up for your friend is that if he is one of your refs, sometimes they take away the offer that you did, from your friends list, so that you can't say "Oh I did this offer and it was so fast, do it for me and I'll be finished in no time".

If he didn't sign up under you and is not one of your referrals, then maybe it's just randomised. The only sure-fire way to find out, is to open a support ticket and ask.

tylerc

04-01-2006 18:54:00

You could also make a thread, I'm sure Jake will see it since he comes back tomorrow.

theysayjump

04-01-2006 18:55:42

PM's work better than threads. wink

akalic

04-01-2006 18:55:54

this thread reminds me of when i was new to the freebie scene, so many questions to ask..ah...damn

DrkWarlock

04-01-2006 20:15:43

Yes, I would really like to fully understand how all this works...

But anyways, thanks everyone for all the help so far!!

akalic

04-01-2006 20:58:28

i hope my PM s help.