So I'm in college..

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=28003

Nimh

06-12-2005 17:14:10

...and I have an interesting and probably relevant question

Can my family back at home complete an offer for me? Technically, I'm living in a dorm and not with them, so they'd be considered a different household. The only thing is if I come home I check my stuff with our cable modem (we have a router), it will show up as the same IP address. The only thing is my place of residence is still considered legally to be at home, so it may not work.

However, if that is the case, can my roommate complete an offer for me? In that case, his place of residence is considered to be his home, so he's not a part of my household. The only thing is we may have the same IP address, although I'm really not sure how that works here.

Any ideas?

kdollar

06-12-2005 17:25:17

be scared of same last names, i hear people get on hold for that all the time.

manOFice

07-12-2005 09:00:14

[quote0044994108="Nimh"]...and I have an interesting and probably relevant question

Can my family back at home complete an offer for me? Technically, I'm living in a dorm and not with them, so they'd be considered a different household. The only thing is if I come home I check my stuff with our cable modem (we have a router), it will show up as the same IP address. The only thing is my place of residence is still considered legally to be at home, so it may not work.

However, if that is the case, can my roommate complete an offer for me? In that case, his place of residence is considered to be his home, so he's not a part of my household. The only thing is we may have the same IP address, although I'm really not sure how that works here.

Any ideas?[/quote0044994108]

Ok...lets see..;

If you didn't sign up at home, your parents can complete an offer for you. And checking your account at home isn't a problem, theres nothing against checking your account on computers. For the last name being a problem...it isn't with freepay...i had my parents do an offer for me and they have the same last night..no problems when i submitted for approval. Now your roomate....thats a tough one...being in the same room...your ip's will be veryyy similar and company's might think your frauding them. I wouldn't suggest it.

thehacker010

07-12-2005 09:14:45

I have not had any problems with relatives with the same last name doing offers as far as freepay goes. I can't say the same thing for other sites....

Berky34

07-12-2005 13:14:41

So does this mean that my sister in college can sign up for me?

crescendo

07-12-2005 23:13:26

i believe so if she signs up using a different address, different credit card num, and different computer. As far as the roomate situation goes, you could try asking the site-- i know for one site i did they said it was okay as long as he did a different offer than I. If not, just have him sign up in a computer lab.