how long do I have to wait?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=27840

ThaDraGun

04-12-2005 11:58:06

I'm sorry I know this is a dumb question but I dont know to much about this stuff. I've always just closed the ads and disregarded any of the info about getting a free iPod etc. I thought it was all a scam and couldnt be done in Canada anyways. I looked into it a bit more and freepay.com seems legit to me. How does it work though? I know you have to sign up and refer 5 friends, but I keep seeing messages about green light and red light. I never seen anything like that on freepay tho.

I also just signed up for one of thier sponcers and was wondering how long it takes for them to know you signed up?

It says "Now complete an offer! Participate in any one (1) of the offers below to be eligible to receive your FREE iPod!" I did already tho. Does it take a few days for that message to go away or is it instant?

I only have a choice of 5 different offers. I chose the Lifestyles Reward program. It says it charges $1 to my card. Then there will be a membership fee if I keep with it. My Question is, does that $1 get refunded? and how long do I have to wait to cancel the membership??

Thanks.

compuguru

04-12-2005 12:03:24

[quotefc39045b13="ThaDraGun"]I'm sorry I know this is a dumb question but I dont know to much about this stuff. I've always just closed the ads and disregarded any of the info about getting a free iPod etc. I thought it was all a scam and couldnt be done in Canada anyways. I looked into it a bit more and freepay.com seems legit to me. How does it work though? I know you have to sign up and refer 5 friends, but I keep seeing messages about green light and red light. I never seen anything like that on freepay tho.[/quotefc39045b13]

Green Light (AKA Green) means that you or your refs have been given credit for the offer they did.

Red Light (AKA Red) means that you or one of your referral's account has been disabled (put on hold) due to a violation of the sites Terms of Service (TOS)

[quotefc39045b13="ThaDraGun"]I also just signed up for one of thier sponcers and was wondering how long it takes for them to know you signed up? [/quotefc39045b13]
Sometimes it can take a few days or even a couple weeks to get credit. If you don't get credit in 15 days on the FreePay sites, you can submit a No Credit Request.
[quotefc39045b13="ThaDraGun"]It says "Now complete an offer! Participate in any one (1) of the offers below to be eligible to receive your FREE iPod!" I did already tho. Does it take a few days for that message to go away or is it instant?[/quotefc39045b13]
See answer above. D

[quotefc39045b13="ThaDraGun"]I only have a choice of 5 different offers. I chose the Lifestyles Reward program. It says it charges $1 to my card. Then there will be a membership fee if I keep with it. My Question is, does that $1 get refunded? and how long do I have to wait to cancel the membership??[/quotefc39045b13] It may or may not get refunded. Some sites charge $1 for the initial membership fee, while others make a temporary charge that goes away just to make sure your card info is legit. Also, we don't talk about canceling here. You should be legitmetly interested in the offer when you do it. ;)

Daggoth

04-12-2005 12:04:07

1. Green is a term for when you get refs and they complete an offer, that counts as a ref towards you getting your freeipod
2. Red is if the offer was frauded (usually doesn't happen by mistake)
3. You should not talk about cancelling on this site b/c it is considered fraud. But anyway, your $1 does not get refunded and you can licoughli whenever you want. Sometimes people wait until they receive credit.
4. Depending on your offer, it takes 1-15 days to credit.

ilanbg

04-12-2005 12:04:27

"green" means credited towards the site, "red" means banned and not credited.

It takes a few days for you go green, but sometimes it's instant, depending on what offer you do.

The $1 probably doesn't get refunded. Canceling isn't talked about here, but if you decide you don't like Lifestyles, you can cancel anytime you want after you go green.

compuguru

04-12-2005 12:05:32

Ha! I beat you! D

ThaDraGun

04-12-2005 12:34:38

Thanks for the quick answers.

Also was reading on a different forum that in order to get your free ipod each of your 5 referrals also have to get thier 5 referrals. After that is done then the whole process is complete. Is that True?

My next door neighbour is interested.. they dont have a pc tho. Are they able to sign up using my PC or will that mess up the process because of the ip address. They use thier address and their credit card of course.

ilanbg

04-12-2005 12:47:40

[quote9daa5d0720="ThaDraGun"]Also was reading on a different forum that in order to get your free ipod each of your 5 referrals also have to get thier 5 referrals. After that is done then the whole process is complete. Is that True?[/quote9daa5d0720]
No, that's not true.
What forum said that?

[quote9daa5d0720]My next door neighbour is interested.. they dont have a pc tho. Are they able to sign up using my PC or will that mess up the process because of the ip address. They use thier address and their credit card of course.[/quote9daa5d0720]
Yes, having them sign up from your computer will cause problems.