Question, please help!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=26760

jeff0420

19-11-2005 13:29:21

I have a quick question, I went to a friends house and got him to sign up for freepay freebie site. Before he signed up, I logged into my account from his house and gave him a brief overview of how everything works. I then logged out and he created a account and signed up under me. Will this break any rules or get my account put on hold?

Veek

19-11-2005 13:31:00

You won't get placed on hold for checking your account status at your friends house.

However, it is possible to be placed on hold if you are caught "walking them through" the process. It seems you just wanted to explain how it worked, which seems fine.

As long as mutiple accounts are not created from the same IP, your account, as well as your friends, should be fine.

jeff0420

19-11-2005 13:45:24

Thanks for the help, Karma point awarded ;-D

cyberpunk243

19-11-2005 17:26:20

I wouldn't be surprised if it got put on hold because you logged into your account from his IP and then he created his account. They always surprise you.

theysayjump

19-11-2005 17:36:18

Although Veek is right, I would check with your site 1st just be on the safe side.

They say checking your account from another household is fine, but the fact that you logged in and "gave him a brief overview of how everything works", shows that you could possiblu have walked him through.

If you both had accounts, and you were just checking yours, it would be fine, but it's because you logged in, then logged out and then he signed up under you that might cause a problem.

Either PM Jake on this forum, or open a support ticket, that's your best bet to get the official answer.

agroman

19-11-2005 23:42:55

This makes me wonder. I've been checking and creating accounts at home and at work. Shit. Would my account have been on-hold already if there was a problem??

Or... Will I have to wait for that to happen until I've got all my refs. That would SUCK!

theysayjump

20-11-2005 00:03:24

You need to clarify.

Have you been making multiple accounts at home and at work, or you have just been using your home and work to sign up for sites legitimately?

If you are just logging into your account and checking the status you will be fine. If you are using both your home and work to make multiple accounts then you are fucked and will probably be flagged when you go through approval.

agroman

20-11-2005 10:16:23

I thought I replied to this last night, guess not.

No, I have not been making multiple accounts. I have created accounts at home, and checked them at work... and I have created accounts at work, and checked them at home.

My main concern is that it is possible someone else I work with has also signed up on one of these sites. I work for a big company and we are all behind a proxy server.

I'm just hoping that none of my coworkers are doing free sites as well. shrug

jeff0420

20-11-2005 15:48:10

Another quick question, I just completed my offer on freeflatscreens.com with a visa gift card. My friend then bought the card off me for the remaining balance. Will my account get put on hold if he uses it as his house to complete the same site with the same card? It is a visa gift card.

Veek

20-11-2005 16:03:33

[quote6b0f952609="agroman"]I thought I replied to this last night, guess not.

No, I have not been making multiple accounts. I have created accounts at home, and checked them at work... and I have created accounts at work, and checked them at home.

My main concern is that it is possible someone else I work with has also signed up on one of these sites. I work for a big company and we are all behind a proxy server.

I'm just hoping that none of my coworkers are doing free sites as well. shrug[/quote6b0f952609]

Your accounts should be fine. However, let's both hope your coworkers are not working on free sites as well. But other than that, you're okay.

Veek

20-11-2005 16:05:02

[quote64a55f6dbf="jeff0420"]Another quick question, I just completed my offer on freeflatscreens.com with a visa gift card. My friend then bought the card off me for the remaining balance. Will my account get put on hold if he uses it as his house to complete the same site with the same card? It is a visa gift card.[/quote64a55f6dbf]

He cannot complete an offer with the same Visa card. Technically, they're looking for "new customers" but since that card was already used, they have no proof of it being a different person. You might run into problems, so I suggest he gets a different card.

Daggoth

20-11-2005 16:06:34

Ya, Veek is right. They look at multiple aspects of when you sign up for an offer. You have to be completely new. One person posted that they tried to sign up for AOL, but it did not credit since they used the service, literally, 10 years ago.

jan

20-11-2005 16:08:20

10 years?? No way, there is no way in hell they keep records from that far back,come on now.

Daggoth

20-11-2005 16:20:59

Nop, I am serious. I read it on a different forum or something.