are there prepaid cards available?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=23652

biggie

07-10-2005 00:20:13

are there prepaid cards available in amounts less than $25? are there any available online, which one doesnt need to physically get, just have an online account?

biggie

07-10-2005 00:21:46

on a separate note, i was browsing the faq and saw smth about opening up a support ticket with customer service if having a question. how does one do this?

theysayjump

07-10-2005 00:25:06

im not sure about the pre-paid cards, but to open a support ticket on a freepay site, do this

-sign into your account
-click on help in the top right
-click on "My issue is about my current account status"
-click on "I still have a question and would like to contact customer service"
-then just enter what you want to ask or say to them D

biggie

07-10-2005 01:34:14

thanks man. i kinda found an answer to my q but not fully yet. on the main site it says

>Finally, MySimon and WebCertificate both sell online charged-value >credit cards.

the webcertificate doesnt seem to work anymore. mysimon doesnt seem to have any such service, tho simon.com does (or some similar site). however the main page says simon claims it requires at least 20 but doesnt really, i tried to checkout with 10 and it said u HAVE to be at $20. any other ideas anyone?

stoogepid

07-10-2005 10:40:35

[quoteb9e9fb3704="biggie"]thanks man. i kinda found an answer to my q but not fully yet. on the main site it says

>Finally, MySimon and WebCertificate both sell online charged-value >credit cards.

the webcertificate doesnt seem to work anymore. mysimon doesnt seem to have any such service, tho simon.com does (or some similar site). however the main page says simon claims it requires at least 20 but doesnt really, i tried to checkout with 10 and it said u HAVE to be at $20. any other ideas anyone?[/quoteb9e9fb3704]

Just use paypal debit.

biggie

07-10-2005 12:51:11

[quoted49ed12811="stoogepid"][quoted49ed12811="biggie"]thanks man. i kinda found an answer to my q but not fully yet. on the main site it says

the webcertificate doesnt seem to work anymore. mysimon doesnt seem to have any such service, tho simon.com does (or some similar site). however the main page says simon claims it requires at least 20 but doesnt really, i tried to checkout with 10 and it said u HAVE to be at $20. any other ideas anyone?[/quoted49ed12811]

Just use paypal debit.[/quoted49ed12811]

is that any different from using a normal credit card? the whole point is to have a limit on the amount and be more secure. but if it is different, can u gimme details?

thehacker010

07-10-2005 13:34:07

Debit means it takes money out of an account...

goofygarber

07-10-2005 17:06:58

Yeah, I can't understand why paypal debit would be better than a personal card? Thats ridicious, its exactly the same.
ePassporte.com for online, charged virutal visa card )

stoogepid

07-10-2005 18:00:47

[quote7c65fc6943="goofygarber"]Yeah, I can't understand why paypal debit would be better than a personal card? Thats ridicious, its exactly the same.
ePassporte.com for online, charged virutal visa card )[/quote7c65fc6943]

Well let me enlighten you. First of all with paypal debit you can "load" it with however much money you want. If you dont want to be charged more than lets say $10 then dont put $10 in your account. In theory with a debit card, you wont be able to spend more than what you have. So if your paypal balance low then in theory you shouldnt get overcharged. If somehow you get overcharged then file a chargeback or just create a new account. In addition, there are no fees what so ever. Plus no interest to pay and no monthly payments to your credit card company. So you tell me if that is exactly the same as a personal card.

goofygarber

07-10-2005 18:14:35

I have had more than a thousand dollars at a time in my paypal account, and I'm sure many other people do; so that doesn't really help - say you recieve a payment and bam - some subscription takes the money out of your account.

stoogepid

07-10-2005 18:25:36

[quote1a8e2fae48="goofygarber"]I have had more than a thousand dollars at a time in my paypal account, and I'm sure many other people do; so that doesn't really help - say you recieve a payment and bam - some subscription takes the money out of your account.[/quote1a8e2fae48]

Your argument was for paypal debit and personal cc.
[quote1a8e2fae48="goofygarber"]Yeah, I can't understand why paypal debit would be better than a personal card? Thats ridicious, its exactly the same.
[/quote1a8e2fae48]

Im just saying that dont confuse the two as being EXACTLY THE SAME because evidently they are not.

With regards to your hypothetical thousand dollar xfer to the paypal account, you can always xfer it to your bank account. It all depends on each person's perference.