Are we ABSOLUTELY SURE that we can only do one offer, ever?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=23398

Sempuukyaku

03-10-2005 11:38:47

Now, I've only done one offer, once, so far.

However, I read the TOS and it states in there that you can't sign up for an offer that YOU ARE ALREADY CURRENTLY SIGNED UP FOR. So I've already done the Rhapsody offer, and I canceled my membership immediately afterwards. Following the TOS, shouldn't I be allowed to sign up again for Rhapsody since I am not a CURRENT member of the service?

Has anyone else done this and is it allowed? Like I said before I haven't done this yet but there are offers that I'm clearly more comfortable doing than others, which is why I'm asking.

nicd.01

03-10-2005 11:46:19

Nope. The advertisers don't want to pay for someone to do the same trial over and over again. I'm sure you'd be able to do the trial, I just doubt you'd get credit for it.

theysayjump

03-10-2005 11:46:22

for a start, it was kinda dumb of you to cancel the offer immediately, more so to post in a messageboard that doesnt allow discussion of cancelling offers, saying that you did so.

however, from the FAQ above your head

[quote2c9dbc468a]DON’T do the same offer on multiple sites as this is regarded as fraud and can place your account on hold. The offers are presented to you on a 1st time customer basis, so once you do an offer, you are not eligible to do it again. [/quote2c9dbc468a]

you can only be a 1st time customer once.

stoogepid

03-10-2005 11:46:41

[quote3e8bd8d94a="Sempuukyaku"]Now, I've only done one offer, once, so far.

However, I read the TOS and it states in there that you can't sign up for an offer that YOU ARE ALREADY CURRENTLY SIGNED UP FOR. So I've already done the Rhapsody offer, and I canceled my membership immediately afterwards. Following the TOS, shouldn't I be allowed to sign up again for Rhapsody since I am not a CURRENT member of the service?

Has anyone else done this and is it allowed? Like I said before I haven't done this yet but there are offers that I'm clearly more comfortable doing than others, which is why I'm asking.[/quote3e8bd8d94a]

Yeah of course you can sign up again, but you wont be a first time customer and thus you wont get credit for it again. And dont use the C word.

Sempuukyaku

03-10-2005 11:59:41

[quotee964f8d580="theysayjump"]for a start, it was kinda dumb of you to cancel the offer immediately, more so to post in a messageboard that doesnt allow discussion of cancelling offers, saying that you did so.

however, from the FAQ above your head

[quotee964f8d580]DON’T do the same offer on multiple sites as this is regarded as fraud and can place your account on hold. The offers are presented to you on a 1st time customer basis, so once you do an offer, you are not eligible to do it again. [/quotee964f8d580]

you can only be a 1st time customer once.[/quotee964f8d580]

#1) Why the personal attack? I ALREADY READ THE FAQS AND IT SAYS NOTHING ABOUT CURRENT OFFERS. Since the TOS DOES address this, that's why I brought it to everyone's attention.

#2) I already greened for my offer anyways....the terms of the Rhapsody offer CLEARLY state that you need to pay $1 for a 5 mp3 one month trial, and that's it! Not that you need to stay with Rhapsody for one freakin month.

Wasn't there a suggestion thread in another forum about how moderators treat newbies? roll

To everyone else who was not a jerk, thank you for answering my question. Now I know not to sign up for the same offer again. Thanks guys.

theysayjump

03-10-2005 12:09:28

personal attack?

1.)i said it was kinda dumb of you to cancel immediately (this is grounds for having your accounts placed on hold for frauding the offers) since it shows no actual interest in the offer and you just did it to receive the 5 songs and instant credit.

2.)i also said it was kinda dumb of you to post saying so on a messageboard that doesnt allow talk of cancelling offers.

3.) if you had read the FAQ's at the top of this page, your question was answered for you, without having to make a post about it.

4.) it was me who made suggestion about how newbies ar treated, and it wasnt just by mods, it was about how alot of people treat them.

5.) i answered your question for you, but you took it as me making a personal attack on you. there are 2 threads at the top of this forum, one is a FAQ that you are supposed to read before asking a question, and the other says that if you ask a question already in the FAQ, you will be banned.

if i was to be overly strict i could follow the book word for word, lock this thread and ban you, but im not cos im a really nice guy with a heart of gold roll

Sempuukyaku

03-10-2005 12:16:14

[quote6b9b39139e="theysayjump"]personal attack?

1.)i said it was kinda dumb of you to cancel immediately (this is grounds for having your accounts placed on hold for frauding the offers) since it shows no actual interest in the offer and you just did it to receive the 5 songs and instant credit.

2.)i also said it was kinda dumb of you to post saying so on a messageboard that doesnt allow talk of cancelling offers.

3.) if you had read the FAQ's at the top of this page, your question was answered for you, without having to make a post about it.

4.) it was me who made suggestion about how newbies ar treated, and it wasnt just by mods, it was about how alot of people treat them.

5.) i answered your question for you, but you took it as me making a personal attack on you. there are 2 threads at the top of this forum, one is a FAQ that you are supposed to read before asking a question, and the other says that if you ask a question already in the FAQ, you will be banned.

if i was to be overly strict i could follow the book word for word, lock this thread and ban you, but im not cos im a really nice guy with a heart of gold roll[/quote6b9b39139e]

Well I'm sorry about cancelling the offer, however I read the FAQs BEFORE I even started posting here and I didn't see that in the damn FAQs. If I saw it, I would not have mentioned anything about it in the first place!

And guess what? You still ignored what I had to say about the FAQ!! It doesn't say anything in there whatsoever about CURRENT membership in offers, which the TOS at Freepay does! That's why I asked the question!

And it was YOU who made that suggestion about newbies? That's even WORSE, man. Practice what you preach.

God I can't stand when I go into a message forum and run into moderators on a freakin power trip. Especially when there's no evidence of trolling, spamming, or any of the above. Just a simple damn question roll

stoogepid

03-10-2005 12:25:41

[quote13532d7dcb="Sempuukyaku"][quote13532d7dcb="theysayjump"]personal attack?

if i was to be overly strict i could follow the book word for word, lock this thread and ban you, but im not cos im a really nice guy with a heart of gold roll[/quote13532d7dcb]

Well I'm sorry about cancelling the offer, however I read the FAQs BEFORE I even started posting here and I didn't see that in the damn FAQs. If I saw it, I would not have mentioned anything about it in the first place!

And guess what? You still ignored what I had to say about the FAQ!! It doesn't say anything in there whatsoever about CURRENT membership in offers, which the TOS at Freepay does! That's why I asked the question!

And it was YOU who made that suggestion about newbies? That's even WORSE, man. Practice what you preach.

God I can't stand when I go into a message forum and run into moderators on a freakin power trip. Especially when there's no evidence of trolling, spamming, or any of the above. Just a simple damn question roll[/quote13532d7dcb]

First of all I am sorry for what I am about to say. You need to be more respectful to the mods here.

I understand that theysayjump might have said somethings that MAY have suggested something less than friendly, but he and everyone else is just looking out for your best interest. I sincerely believe that theysayjump was not trying to attack you in any way even if it looks like what he said was.

Also I beg to differ that you've read the FAQ because under FREE SITE DON'T'S the last operative states

"[b13532d7dcb] DON’T do the same offer on multiple sites as this is regarded as fraud and can place your account on hold. The offers are presented to you on a 1st time customer basis, so once you do an offer, you are not eligible to do it again. [/b13532d7dcb]"

In addition, two lines above that.. [b13532d7dcb]"DON’T cancel an offer right away after signing up. Give it a legitimate try. "[/b13532d7dcb]

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/newbie.php#4
Please dont be a dumbass noob.

theysayjump

03-10-2005 12:29:23

ok, i really dont understand whats so difficult to understand about

[quote77eb93cfef]DON’T do the same offer on multiple sites as this is regarded as fraud and can place your account on hold. The offers are presented to you on a 1st time customer basis, so once you do an offer, you are not eligible to do it again. [/quote77eb93cfef]

current memberships dont mean shit. the offers are presented to you on a 1st time customer basis. you cant be a 1st time customer more than once.

therefor YOU CAN ONLY DO AN OFFER ONCE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU ARE A CURRENT MEMBER OR NOT.

it clearly says that in the FAQ, which have been quoted to you twice now, but you still fail to see it.

from the freepay TOS

[quote77eb93cfef]II. OFFERS

1. Completion of Offers

(a)[b77eb93cfef] Users may only receive credit for first time offer completions. If the user has previously signed up for an offer elsewhere, he or she cannot receive credit for completing that offer on our network.[/b77eb93cfef] For example, a user who is already a member of eBay may not sign up for the eBay offer through our website. [/quote77eb93cfef]

[quote77eb93cfef]DON’T do the same offer on multiple sites as this is regarded as fraud and can place your account on hold. [b77eb93cfef]The offers are presented to you on a 1st time customer basis, so once you do an offer, you are not eligible to do it again.[/b77eb93cfef] [/quote77eb93cfef]

i was not attacking you, but when there are people constantly posting questions that are answered elsewhere (at the top of the page) it start to get on your tits.

nicd.01

03-10-2005 12:30:24

Damn, this only the internet. There's no reason to freak the fuck out.

theysayjump

03-10-2005 12:31:16

[quote12292154e3="nicd.01"]Damn, this only the internet. There's no reason to freak the fuck out.[/quote12292154e3]

this is the internet? shock

stoogepid

03-10-2005 12:41:43

[quote3c834f7e46="nicd.01"]Damn, this only the internet. There's no reason to freak the fuck out.[/quote3c834f7e46]

You need to calm down, yes this is the internet but how can you say its ONLY the internet; when in fact the whole world is moving businesses, communications, research, etc. into the internet. Its just another form of communication same as a phone. Can I just say I was only on the phone with a customer service rep if he gave me shit?

In this situation, there is a noob giving shit to a mod. 1 explaination should be enough instead this guy asks for 4 or 5 more clarifications.

ilanbg

03-10-2005 15:31:02

Everyone chill....

goofygarber

03-10-2005 16:31:16

HOW DO I INTERNET HERE?

nextlevel

03-10-2005 19:05:07

Aol you can do again, says in their tos, that your elgible for the trial after 1 year. D