Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=23185

autiger

29-09-2005 09:58:46

Ok, so I did a search and looked through the FAQ, but I wasn't able to find a definitive answer to my question so I am asking it here. My question is how does someone's karma change? do you click on the little KMA things next to their name? also what sorts of things warrant you boosting someone's karma, or knocking it down. I'm just wondering because one day all of a sudden my karma had gone down and i don't know what I did to cause someone to mark me down....a little advice/help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Veek

29-09-2005 10:09:05

Some people care about Karma, some don't even look twice. Karma is pretty much a tool there that lets other users give you karma if you did something to amuse them, answered their question corretly, or anything positive. Bad karma is for people who ask dumb questions or annoy other users.

Also, some people have asked others to give them positive karma only to get negative karma from people who are annoyed with people asking for karma. Other people just give bad karma to people who annoy them and so on...

Hope that helps.

KeithA

29-09-2005 10:11:23

The most important thing to remember about karma is not to rely on it when you're assessing someone's credibility as a trader.

autiger

29-09-2005 11:03:56

Thanks for the quick response guys! Yeah I remember reading that karma wasn't the thing to go buy, but TR, which makes sense as karma is a much more subjective thing. The TR is either you did your end of the deal or not simple as that. Thanks again for the help!!

Fugger

30-09-2005 08:49:03

[quote1c0b09e272="autiger"]Thanks for the quick response guys! Yeah I remember reading that karma wasn't the thing to go buy, but TR, which makes sense as karma is a much more subjective thing. The TR is either you did your end of the deal or not simple as that. Thanks again for the help!![/quote1c0b09e272]

I'll give you a karmel just for asking.

EatChex89

30-09-2005 08:51:24

[quote9297c623de="Veek"]Some people care about Karma, [b9297c623de]some don't even look twice.[/b9297c623de] Karma is pretty much a tool blah blah blah blah blah blah blah karma blah blah blah blah karma blah blah blah blah blah karma blah blah blah ..... etc[/quote9297c623de]

I don't even look twice. I don't care about my karma it's a stupid little number underneath my username, lol

goofygarber

30-09-2005 16:19:59

You only don't care because its negative )

Edit - my karma is negative? what. the. fuck. it was positive 20 minutes ago, damn