pre-paid credit cards

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=23079

elemenohpee

28-09-2005 09:57:13

Ok so lets say I want to get 5 refferals. Can I buy 5 pre-paid credit cards, and have my friends sign up using them? How much do they typically cost to activate? Can they be cancelled when I'm done with them? Basically, how much should I expect to pay if I use this method?

Veek

28-09-2005 14:01:20

If you're planning to buy them for your friends, that might work. The service I use is www.NetSpend.com. It works exactly like a credit/debit card complete with online billing info, pruchase trackers, etc. It has loads of neat features. The activation was $20 dollars, but lasts you about 3 years. You can charge it with more money in pretty much 39049302 different locations.

Also, you don't need to "cancel" prepaid cards. Once the money is completely used up, they stay like that until you load it up. I think there is a certain amount of time that the account automatically closes up after it's left untouched and without money in it.

blbrown

29-09-2005 09:18:19

Seems to me a better approach might be virtual credit cards. If I understand those right, you get a credit card that offers them. Then the credit card gives you a virtual credit card number that you can use. You give that virtual credit card a specific limit $.99 or something (just enough for the offer) and they can't charge it more than that.

Berky34

29-09-2005 13:12:44

is there a way to buy a virtual credit card online using paypal??

Gunwave

29-09-2005 13:48:19

[quote7a169551d5="Veek"]If you're planning to buy them for your friends, that might work. The service I use is www.NetSpend.com. It works exactly like a credit/debit card complete with online billing info, pruchase trackers, etc. It has loads of neat features. The activation was $20 dollars, but lasts you about 3 years. You can charge it with more money in pretty much 39049302 different locations.

Also, you don't need to "cancel" prepaid cards. Once the money is completely used up, they stay like that until you load it up. I think there is a certain amount of time that the account automatically closes up after it's left untouched and without money in it.[/quote7a169551d5]

I use netspend too. You can also transfer your paypal money to your netspend mastercard debit card, which is cool.

Veek

29-09-2005 13:55:31

[quoteb03288b2ff="Gunwave"][quoteb03288b2ff="Veek"]If you're planning to buy them for your friends, that might work. The service I use is www.NetSpend.com. It works exactly like a credit/debit card complete with online billing info, pruchase trackers, etc. It has loads of neat features. The activation was $20 dollars, but lasts you about 3 years. You can charge it with more money in pretty much 39049302 different locations.

Also, you don't need to "cancel" prepaid cards. Once the money is completely used up, they stay like that until you load it up. I think there is a certain amount of time that the account automatically closes up after it's left untouched and without money in it.[/quoteb03288b2ff]

I use netspend too. You can also transfer your paypal money to your netspend mastercard debit card, which is cool.[/quoteb03288b2ff]

I [bb03288b2ff]especially[/bb03288b2ff] love it because of that! 8)

Sonofshoe

29-09-2005 14:03:39

Get a MBNA card, you get to make a virtual number with every purchase if you would like, with limits, experation dates, etc.

All free wink