FAQ ~~ Please Read Before Asking A Question.

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=23045

theysayjump

27-09-2005 17:49:10

[bef9a136dbf]USEFUL GUIDES, TIPS AND RULES[/bef9a136dbf][/sizeef9a136dbf]

The Rules ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=21
How To Search ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=18354
Newbie’s Guide to Trading ~~~~~~~~~~~~ http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=12652
How To Use The Trade Module ~~~~~~~~~ http//forum.freeipodguide.com/tmodtutorial/index.php
Guidelines & Rules For The Trading Post ~~~ http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=8376
Bad Traders ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=6048
Scammer Referral Links ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=17260
Impersonators & People being Impersonated ~ http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=12653

[bef9a136dbf]THE BASICS[/bef9a136dbf]

[bef9a136dbf]HOW THE "FREE SITES" WORK.[/bef9a136dbf][/sizeef9a136dbf]

Example Using FreeiPods.com -- Please note, each network may do things a little differently but this is the basic rule for most of the free sites.

1.) You sign up via someone’s referral link to FreeiPods.com.
2.) Sign up for an offer and receive credit ("going green") for doing so.
3.) Refer 5 friends to sign up using your unique referral link, complete an offer and receive credit for doing so.
4.) Once you have the required number of referrals you can submit for approval.
5.) If and when your account has been approved, you can submit your order.
6.) Your account will go into the "Processing" stage, where your order will be processed.
7.) Your account will then go into the "STV" (sent to vendor) stage where your order has been sent to the vendor to be shipped.
8.) Your account status will then change to "Shipped". Your iPod has been shipped for free to the address you supplied during the order stage.
9.) Your iPod will be shipped via DHL and you should be given a tracking number to track the status of your iPod.
10.) The average amount of time between being approved and receiving your free item is approximately 2 weeks.

[bef9a136dbf]FREEBIE WORLD LINGO (“wtf does STV mean?”)[/sizeef9a136dbf][/bef9a136dbf]

[bef9a136dbf]Processing[/bef9a136dbf] - Your gift is being processed and should be sent out soon.
[bef9a136dbf]STV[/bef9a136dbf] - Sent to vendor, your order has been placed with the vendor and should go out soon.
[bef9a136dbf]Shipped[/bef9a136dbf] - Your gift has been shipped.
[bef9a136dbf]DQ’ed[/bef9a136dbf] - Disqualified.
[bef9a136dbf]Green[/bef9a136dbf] - A referral that has signed up, completed an offer and received credit for doing so.
[bef9a136dbf]Yellow[/bef9a136dbf] - A referral that has signed up but not completed an offer, or have not received credit for doing an offer.
[bef9a136dbf]Red/Grey[/bef9a136dbf] - A referral that has been disqualified for violating one or more of the sites TOS.
[bef9a136dbf]Hold[/bef9a136dbf] - A status that results from fraud. You will not receive a gift for an account that is on hold.
[bef9a136dbf]Ref[/bef9a136dbf] - Referral. A person you have referred who has signed up at your site.
[bef9a136dbf]Sign Up Under[/bef9a136dbf] - Someone signs up for your site, using your unique referral link.
[bef9a136dbf]TR[/bef9a136dbf] - Trade Record. Points given out on FiPG forums for people who have successfully completed a trade with another member.
[bef9a136dbf]Trade[/bef9a136dbf] - An agreement between 2 people. Example Jack signs up for freeipods.com, using Jill’s referral link, in return for Jill signing up for freepsps.com using Jacks referral link.
[bef9a136dbf]Ref Link[/bef9a136dbf] - Referral Link. Your unique link that you use to refer people to your site.
[bef9a136dbf]PM[/bef9a136dbf] - Private Message. A message you can send and receive on forums.
[bef9a136dbf]Conga[/bef9a136dbf] - A system where someone signs up for a site when it comes out, completes an offer and then posts their link, e-mail, the offer they did and whether they are green or not, on a forum. Then others use the 1st persons link to sign up, posting their own link, e-mail etc. When the 1st person has enough refs, they move aside and the next person in line goes to the top and everyone else uses their link to sign up. It can be very helpful in getting some (if not all) of your refs, if you can get in the top 5 spots.
[bef9a136dbf]FiPG/FIG[/bef9a136dbf] - FreeiPodGuide.com. The site you are reading this on wink
[bef9a136dbf]A4F[/bef9a136dbf] - Anything4Free.com. Another site like FiPG, with forums for trading and discussing the freebie world.

[bef9a136dbf]FiPG & TRADING DO’S AND DON’T’S[/bef9a136dbf]
[/sizeef9a136dbf]
[bef9a136dbf]DON’T[/bef9a136dbf][/coloref9a136dbf] spam users with PM’s about trading unless they show some prior interest in trading.
[bef9a136dbf]DON’T[/bef9a136dbf][/coloref9a136dbf] expect users to green instantaneously, even if they do an offer marked as instant.
[bef9a136dbf]DON’T[/bef9a136dbf][/coloref9a136dbf] ask users to submit support tickets about non-credit issues, until they have waited the desired time as specified by the site they sign up for (freepay sites = 15 days).
[bef9a136dbf]DON’T[/bef9a136dbf][/coloref9a136dbf] expect users to do another offer for you unless they have waited the specified amount of time to ask for manual credit.
[bef9a136dbf]DON’T[/bef9a136dbf][/coloref9a136dbf] judge another user solely on their Karma. Although it can be a good indication of the way a user is regarded on the forums, usually it has no bearing on trading. It’s the TR that counts.
[bef9a136dbf]DON’T[/bef9a136dbf][/coloref9a136dbf] ask user/account-specific questions to sites representatives. Open a support ticket on the site in question for that.
[bef9a136dbf]DON’T[/bef9a136dbf][/coloref9a136dbf] post in someone else’s trading thread telling others that you can do the same site for less, etc. It’s called thread-jacking and will result in a temp-ban.
[bef9a136dbf]DON’T[/bef9a136dbf][/coloref9a136dbf] make useless posts in other peoples threads, especially trading threads.
[bef9a136dbf]DON’T[/bef9a136dbf][/coloref9a136dbf] flame or you will be banned.
[bef9a136dbf]DON’T[/bef9a136dbf][/coloref9a136dbf] make a scammer thread about someone unless you have exhausted every possible means of communication between you and the other member, have waited the required amount of time to get credit or for the other member to get credit, have contacted a Mod and STILL have not received a response from the other member and/or a green or paypal, depending on the details of your trade.
[bef9a136dbf]DON’T[/coloref9a136dbf][/bef9a136dbf] create a new thread in The Trading Post more than once every 3 days. Also, DON"T BUMP an exisitng Trade thread more than once every 24 hours. Violating these will result in a temp-ban.

[bef9a136dbf]DO[/bef9a136dbf][/coloref9a136dbf] read the rules.
[bef9a136dbf]DO[/bef9a136dbf][/coloref9a136dbf] as the Mods or Admin tell you to do.
[bef9a136dbf]DO[/bef9a136dbf][/coloref9a136dbf] search on the forums before asking a question.
[bef9a136dbf]DO[/bef9a136dbf][/coloref9a136dbf] make sure you put the correct link in the trade module before asking someone to sign up.
[bef9a136dbf]DO[/bef9a136dbf][/coloref9a136dbf] discuss a trade with another member before initiating a trade.
[bef9a136dbf]DO[/bef9a136dbf][/coloref9a136dbf] ask questions clearly and with enough detail for people to understand so they may help you.
[bef9a136dbf]DO[/bef9a136dbf][/coloref9a136dbf] keep in touch with the users you are trading with and update them with any changes to your trade.

[bef9a136dbf]FREE SITE THINGS NOT TO DO[/bef9a136dbf][/sizeef9a136dbf]

[bef9a136dbf]DON’T[/bef9a136dbf][/coloref9a136dbf] create more than one account on any one site.
[bef9a136dbf]DON’T[/bef9a136dbf][/coloref9a136dbf] try to scam or cheat the free sites. It only spoils it for everyone else and they will find out anyway.
[bef9a136dbf]DON’T[/bef9a136dbf][/coloref9a136dbf] refer anyone for your site who has already created an account on the site.
[bef9a136dbf]DON’T[/bef9a136dbf][/coloref9a136dbf] spam your ref link anywhere that doesn’t allow it.
[bef9a136dbf]DON’T[/bef9a136dbf][/coloref9a136dbf] cancel an offer right away after signing up. Give it a legitimate try.
[bef9a136dbf]DON’T[/bef9a136dbf][/coloref9a136dbf] complain if you violate one or more of the TOS and your accounts are suspended or placed on hold.
[bef9a136dbf]DON’T[/coloref9a136dbf][/bef9a136dbf] do the same offer on multiple sites as this is regarded as fraud and can place your account on hold. The offers are presented to you on a 1st time customer basis, so once you do an offer, you are not eligible to do it again.

[bef9a136dbf]FAQ[/bef9a136dbf][/sizeef9a136dbf]

Q. [bef9a136dbf]CAN MY FAMILY MEMBERS SIGN UP ALSO?[/bef9a136dbf]
A. Yes, but you can only have 1 account per site, per household. Example You can sign up for freeipods.com, but that means that nobody else in your household can. It does not mean however that you can't sign up for any of the other networks sites (freepsps.com, freedigitalcameras.com etc.), as long as nobody else in your household has signed up for any of them. If you have family members who do NOT live with you, and have a computer, different mailing address etc, then they can sign up for you.

Q. [bef9a136dbf]CAN I LOG INTO MY ACCOUNT AT A FRIENDS HOUSE?[/bef9a136dbf]
A. Yes. Usually this is not a problem, as long as you are only checking the status of your account, and not referring anyone or signing up again. If you have concerns about this then simply open up a support ticket on the site in question and ask Customer Service to clarify the situation for you, before you do so.

Q. [bef9a136dbf]I MADE AN ACCOUNT IN THE PAST BUT DIDN’T USE IT, CAN I SIGN UP AGAIN?[/bef9a136dbf]
A. Yes & No.
Yes If you signed up in the past but didn’t refer anyone or complete any offers, then as long as you contact Customer Service explaining the situation, and have permission from them, then you can go ahead an make another account, as long as you don’t sign up under your old account.
No If you signed up and acquired referrals for the account, then chances are that you will NOT be allowed to create a new account. It is always advised to contact customer service with your concerns, as they are better prepared to answer your questions.

Q. [bef9a136dbf]I HAVENT RECEIVED CREDIT FOR DOING AN OFFER, WHAT DO I DO?[/bef9a136dbf]
A. On each site, there is a required amount of time you are asked to wait between doing an offer, and reporting that you did not receive credit for it. Freepay sites for example, require you to wait at least 15 days before contacting them about not receiving credit for doing an offer. Before contacting the site in question, read through their TOS (terms of service) and FAQ to see how long they ask you to wait.

Q. [bef9a136dbf]I (or one of my referrals) HAVE WAITED THE REQUIRED NUMBER OF DAYS WITHOUT RECEIVING CREDIT, NOW WHAT DO I DO?[/bef9a136dbf]
A. Contact the site in question, explaining the situation in as much detail as possible. They will then either give you credit for the offer you completed or will ask you to send them the confirmation e-mail you received from the advertiser after completing the offer, and any other information they see fit to ask you for. Once they receive this information, they will then go about issuing you credit for the offer.

Q. [bef9a136dbf]CAN MY REFERRALS DO THE SAME OFFER THAT I DID?[/bef9a136dbf]
A. Yes. BUT, it can cause problems if all of your referrals do the same offer, as it looks like you are walking them through the process, which is against the TOS of Freepay sites.

Q. [bef9a136dbf]CAN I USE FIREFOX TO COMPLETE OFFERS?[/bef9a136dbf]
A. Yes. While most people experience no problems while completing offers in Firefox, it interferes with the cookies on some offers. To be safe, it is recommended to use Internet Explorer to complete offers, making sure that you are allowing all cookies.

Q. [bef9a136dbf]ONE OF MY REFERRALS IS GREY, WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?[/bef9a136dbf]
A. This means that one of your referrals have signed up, but violated one or more of the sites TOS. This can be that they have signed up for the site more than once, they used false information when signing up or completing an offer or they have signed up from somewhere that someone else has already signed up from.

Q. [bef9a136dbf]WHAT CAN I DO IF ONE OF MY REFERRALS IS GREY?[/bef9a136dbf]
A. If one or more of your referrals are grey, then this means they have violated one or more of the sites TOS (see above for reasons for going grey). What you can do to remedy this situation, is to contact your referrals and ask them to contact the site in question, asking why they were put on hold. Make sure they have confirmation e-mails from offers they did. Any and all proof that they have completed an offer legitimately will help in them receiving credit and or they’re accounts being taken off hold.

Q. [bef9a136dbf]WHY DOES IT SAY THAT I HAVE NOT COMPLETED AN OFFER, WHEN I KNOW I HAVE?[/bef9a136dbf]
A. After you sign up for a site, and then do an offer, the status on your account will say something along the lines of “You have not yet completed the requirements to receive your free gift, please click here to do so.” It will stay that way, until you have received credit for doing an offer, whether you did one or not. When you have received credit it will say something like this “Congratulations, you have completed the requirements to receive your free gift, now just refer X friends to do the same.”

Q. [bef9a136dbf]I LIVE OUTSIDE OF THE U.S.A, ARE THERE SITES AVAILABLE FOR ME TO DO?[/bef9a136dbf]
A. Yes. Currently there are a few sites that allow users from both the UK and Canada to do these sites. If you live in Canada, then there are more sites opening and more sites that are starting to ship items to Canada, and there is also the Paypal option. If you live in the UK, then you can only sign up for sites that offer Paypal, or FreeiPods.com, FreeDigitalCameras.com or any other site that is based in the UK.

Q. [bef9a136dbf]DO ALL THE OFFERS REQUIRE A CREDIT CARD TO SIGN UP?[/bef9a136dbf]
A. Yes. All the offers on all sites (with the exception (to my knowledge) of Fusioncash.net) require a credit card to sign up, EXCEPT Credit Card offers. However, not all the offers cost money. Usually the offers that are free, will put a “pending” charge (generally around $1) on your card, but then will refund you the money once your account has been activated, or has remained active for a certain period of time.

Q. [bef9a136dbf]I HAVE SIGNED UP FOR A SITE BUT HAVE NOT COMPLETED AN OFFER, CAN I STILL GET REFERRALS?[/bef9a136dbf]
A. Yes.

Q. [bef9a136dbf]I HAVE SIGNED UP FOR A SITE BUT HAVE NOT VERIFIED MY ACCOUNT, CAN I STILL GET REFERRALS?[/bef9a136dbf]
A. Yes.

Q. [bef9a136dbf]I JUST SUBMITTED FOR APPROVAL ON A FREEPAY SITE, HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE FOR ME TO BE APPROVED?[/bef9a136dbf]
A. It can take anywhere up to 2 weeks to be approved. Some people are approved the next day, some the next week. It depends on whether they find anything suspicious about your account, or your referrals, and also which site you submitted approval for. Generally the less popular the site, the shorter the approval times are.

Q. [bef9a136dbf]DO I NEED A CREDIT CARD TO SIGN UP FOR A CREDIT CARD OFFER?[/bef9a136dbf]
A. No.

Q. [bef9a136dbf]ONE OF MY REFERRALS SHOWS UP AS “USER DID NOT JOIN VIA REFERRAL LINK”[/bef9a136dbf]
A. This has been debated for a while as to what it means (“how can they show up on my account if they didn’t use my link?”). The only plausible answer so far is that it happens when you use Gatis/freepay referral system and the people that you refer end up signing up but not with your ref link.

[bef9a136dbf]Q. DO I NEED A PAYPAL ACCOUNT TO TRADE ON THIS FORUM?[/bef9a136dbf]
A. No. A paypal account is not needed to trade on this forum, BUT you will be very limited in the trades you can complete, as it is the most common method of payment and almost every trader uses their service for this reason.

[bef9a136dbf]Q. WHAT DETAILS AND INFORMATION DO I OR MY REFERRALS HAVE TO GIVE WHEN SIGNING UP FOR A FREE SITE?[/bef9a136dbf]
A. The information required to sign up for a free site varies between sites. On most sites the information you have to enter can include your name, mailing address, zip code, phone number, e-mail address and date of birth. Some sites require less information, and some sites require all the listed information.

[bef9a136dbf]Appreciation & Thanks In Helping Compile This Go To[/bef9a136dbf]

Batman
Halfbreed
hehehhehe
JOSHBOX
JuG
Peinecone
Phbs83
PoPoJiJo
Tracemhunter

All comments and suggestions are appreciated. D