Trading etiquitte/rules-should I green if I suspect issues?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=22412

luckycat

20-09-2005 07:58:28

Situation In good faith another user went green on me for one of my sites (Gratis) and I requested approval for my free item. However the user PM'd me and indicated that in other cases their greens were rejected for violating Gratis T&Cs - apparently other people taking offers on the same computer, but I'm not sure.

I'm wondering if Gratis, during the approval process, will reject his previously green referral.

Would you

A) Green for them, after all they went green for you.
B) Wait to see if Gratis approves my request then green for them.
C) Wait to see if Gratis approves my requests, SHIPS the item to you, THEN green for them?

My thought is B but I've never been in this situation. I should know w/in 5 days if Gratis approves my request.

Retro

20-09-2005 08:02:42

B, if they told you themselves that there may be a possibility that they will be rejected you should wait to see if it is rejected.

C, just makes no sense at all. And I wouldn't suggest doing that. That would be bad trading practices and just you trying to hold out on a green.

Peinecone

20-09-2005 08:04:28

Yes, go with option B. After you are approved, i don't think you need to worry.

luckycat

20-09-2005 11:01:51

Yep I went with B, he's been approved, but ANOTHER trader who I traded with was rejected, after I went green for him!! Great.

hehehhehe

20-09-2005 11:20:05

B)

He didn't have to say anything but he did.