just getting started

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=22323

mxer210

19-09-2005 10:35:49

I want an ipod nano and decided to give this whole free _____ thing a shot. Does anyone have any good guides, articles, or websites to give me advice? My main concern is getting other people to sign up under my referral link, and I'm worried about having trouble getting all 5 to do so.

Also, I have a PO Box and wanted to know if I could use that. I am very worried about having my home address being sold and recieving a lot of junk mail in result of signing up for one of these sites. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! )

KeithA

19-09-2005 11:00:37

[quote99bd5ea5c7="mxer210"]I want an ipod nano and decided to give this whole free _____ thing a shot. Does anyone have any good guides, articles, or websites to give me advice? My main concern is getting other people to sign up under my referral link, and I'm worried about having trouble getting all 5 to do so.

Also, I have a PO Box and wanted to know if I could use that. I am very worried about having my home address being sold and recieving a lot of junk mail in result of signing up for one of these sites. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! )[/quote99bd5ea5c7]

Hmmm...

Have you ever been to freeipodguide.com? Ah, yes. It appears you have.

I would start by reading all of the rules for this site, as they'll actually describe in detail how you can trade others for the referrals.

As far as using a PO Box, you should read the terms of service (TOS) for whichever free site operator you plan to open an account with (e.g. Freepay or Transcendent Innovations). I'd give you the answer, but hey, teach a man to fish...

Veek

19-09-2005 11:03:14

Don't worry about receiving anything that you didn't order to your house. They do not send anything at all, unless it's a product from an offer you're trying out.

mxer210

19-09-2005 11:07:30

Ok thanks. So I was thinking about paying $15/green and the freepay site says I need 5 greens. Do most of you guys get your greens from members here? Does anyone spam their referral links on like the cnet forum and stuff?

KeithA

19-09-2005 11:11:21

$15 is a bit low, but not impossible. $20 is standard and $25 isn't unheard of. Always depends on the offers though.

FIPG, Refstop, and ReferralSwapper seem to be the three sites most people stick with for trades these days.

Spamming your ref link is likely to get your account at Freepay put on hold. It can also get you banned from forums like this.

mxer210

19-09-2005 11:16:52

Ok thanks. And another question, what exactly is a "green"? Does it mean the person referred signs up AND completes a trial offer?

My family owns four houses locally and I was thinking about using those addresses to sign up with for different accounts. Any thoughts on this idea?

KeithA

19-09-2005 11:19:10

Yes. On Freepay sites, a referral shows up as yellow when they first sign up under you. When they've completed an offer, they "go green."

If one of your referrals' accounts gets put on hold, they'll appear as red. This is bad.

Even though Trainn and others don't use the same yellow/green/red icons to indicate referrals' status, the same terms apply to all free stuff site operators.

mxer210

19-09-2005 11:21:26

Ok thanks! I'm thinking about paying $20/green for my nano. I'll keep you guys updated and let me know if you have any more advice/suggestions or help. Thanks!

KeithA

19-09-2005 11:34:05

Just be sure to read the rules before posting in the Trading Post...

mxer210

19-09-2005 11:36:53

OK thanks, i will. I was thinking about using referralswapper and trying the trdae section here aswell.

PoPoJiJo

19-09-2005 11:41:18

I have received an xbox, a photo ipod, a shuffle ipod, a psp, 300 dollars, and im almost done on several other sites and I have only done trades on this site I highly recommend it