A question for the pros...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=21928

Equalibrium

14-09-2005 13:55:30

I am in a trade with someone, and I did my end of the trade. He had a friend "Do his half of the trade" to sign under me for FreeiPods. Somewhere along the way, he or his friend messed up and his friend "signed up" but not under me. He said he would find someone else to do it for me, but I have been waiting a few weeks, and he hasn't even responded to my latest PM asking for an update - I sent it 4 days ago or so..... So, should I ask for another form of compensation? I did 2 offers for him...... Or should I report him to a mod for ripping me off in a trade, and if so, how? As this is the internet, I have no good way of hunting him down, and he won't respond if he's avoiding me. My problem is that I can't know, and would feel terrible getting him banned because his ISP shut him down for a week and he couldn't contact me or something like that. I am tired of waiting for him to hold up his end of the deal, he still has his Trade status set to "Gone yellow" but has in fact not even signed up for my offer yet. I don't know whether I am being screwed or whether I should just give this more patience..... Someone care to give advice?

thehacker010

14-09-2005 14:12:12

Are your PMs in the sentbox or are they still in the outbox? If you think he is not going to find someone else to do the offer for you, I would try to just get some money from him instead.

You might want to search the scammers thread to see if there are other traders having the same issue or if he has posted why he has been gone.

Pete

14-09-2005 14:18:17

who is that, trader???
looks like a scam.

Equalibrium

14-09-2005 18:46:00

Oops, seems it's still in the outbox.... Why? And how do I go about making it send?

Aside from that, my belief about him not coming through still stands at the point that I am not sure if he can even find the means to complete my offer now..... I would discuss it with him, but i need this message to go through first..... Thankyou for making me look at that, I didn't even realize the site kept sent messages on file for me. TY

liquidskin

14-09-2005 18:55:53

[quote909faa4198="Equalibrium"]Oops, seems it's still in the outbox.... Why? And how do I go about making it send?

[/quote909faa4198]

when a message is in the outbox, it means the recipient has not read it yet.

thehacker010

14-09-2005 18:58:08

If it is in the outbox, that means he has not opened it yet. Once he reads it, it will move to your sentbox. If you do get in contact with him, your best bet is to get money through paypal. If you don't hear from him in a few more days, you might want to post it in the scammers section.

theysayjump

14-09-2005 20:53:37

please dont post in the scammers section. if and when youve tried every possible method of communication and still have no response, then contact a mod and see we can do about it.

then if there is still nothing from him, and we cant get anything from him then you can post in the scammers section. a scammers thread should only be a last resort.

oh and ive traded with the guy you're talking about and he is/was a good guy and a good trade wink

Equalibrium

15-09-2005 20:02:30

I know what you mean - He's put up with my "learning the system" better the other people I have traded or been potentially trading with, and I am very happy for that. I would not post in the scammers section w/o mod help, but especially if you know my position, I think you can appreciate my frustration This is, and has been, that last required referral for over a year. I am trying on this site because nothign else has worked, and I have even managed to help out someone else with his trades for small compensation and a little bit of help in site navigation, because I want to be a nice guy about it all. Maybe if a mod could try and contact him to get a full update or something? I will send another message tonight, but I just want to be over and done with this. Oh, and to the previous posting mod If you can see who it is by checking my trades, feel free to look through our PMs..... You can see then just how frustrating this is overall....... If you bother, thankyou for helping, and if not, thanks for at least giving me a little backing that this guy has been legit in the past. It makes me feel better.....

theysayjump

15-09-2005 22:13:22

ill speak to him wink

Equalibrium

08-10-2005 11:25:23

Ok, so I posted this what, a week or two ago? This guy PMed me and (finnally) offered me $$ for completion of the trade. This after guarenteeing me he will fulfill the trade by (quite a few days before). So ok, whatever, the trade of $$ was good enough for me. I sent him my info and told him to PM me when he paypal'd it to me. He never sent me the money, never PMed me. I send him another PM. He's looked at neither of them. So, he fell off the face of the internet again? He seemed to respond when a mod said he would be talked to, so this plea is probably to a mod Could you please tell me if he's ignoring me? If you can get at his inbox, check if he's opened any PMs after the ones I've sent. If he's just not been online, could you PM (or theysayjump try to talk to him again) him about this? I hate how he's not given me an AIM name or anything so I could check if he's ever online at all, and worse off, I have had to turn down an offer to complete my iPods because I am waiting for this person to paypal me what he said he would send, and now I am thinking I can't expect this trade to go through again...... So, someone? Anyone?

Skunk

09-10-2005 07:09:29

There's a whole other section for this on the forums, your best bet would to keep spamming his forum PM's and making his life a living hell on these forums. Also, try posting his name and this inquiry in the Announcements, Scammers part. You might have some luck there.

Peinecone

09-10-2005 13:33:06

I think it would be a good idea to make a rule, that when people use their friends or other people to do the trade, it must be divulged before the trade starts. Not saying this is always a bad thing, but a lot tof the time it slows the process down.

CrazyMan123

11-10-2005 22:30:18

I think the rule should be do not trade through people's friends. If they signed up for the site they need referrals for they have the internet and can sign up here and trade. They can make it on their own. Most people I have read in the Scammers section are scammed because they were doing an offer through a board members friend. Just make that friend join the board and then we have no problems!