Has anyone else had troubles with DHL?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=21227

thehacker010

06-09-2005 12:37:05

I checked my tracking status for my free gaming system when I noticed that it said delivered. It had my name signed as being the person who signed for the package, even though I was not even home! I called DHL and they said they have the correct address and it shows to have been delivered this morning to me. They are gonig to research this and call me back later today. Has anyone else had packages lost or misplaced by DHL?

P.S
It is against their policy to give the package to a neighbor if the person does not answer the door.

liquidskin

06-09-2005 12:41:34

i havent had that problem.. but I hope it works out for you. that'd suck if someone else got your system.

comppimp

06-09-2005 12:51:55

They've been known to leave the package at the front door or somewhere similar but they usually put "Front Door" or wherever they left it as the signature.

wood

06-09-2005 12:52:02

Are you saying someone who was not you, sign for and received your game system?

Ask to see a copy of the signature.

thehacker010

06-09-2005 14:16:59

The tracker says it was signed by my name, but I always write my full name not just the first letter of my first name. They have not called me back yet, but they did say that the signature can not be viewed until the end of the day when the driver returns.

liEDITli
I got it now....
The supervisor said it was the driver's first day alone. The supervisor does not know for sure, but she believes the driver signed it as being delivered. Snce it was shipped by Gratis as an express package, the driver is required to have it at the house by noon the next day. Apparently, the driver signed it as being delivered to keep herself out of trouble. I have a feeling that she is in bigger trouble now.....

Well, I'm off to play my new PS2.

xXHasek99

06-09-2005 16:09:34

wait... so you received it?!?

PoPoJiJo

06-09-2005 17:30:15

glad to hear you got it
I remember reading a thread where someone else had this happen to them and im not so sure they got it