To pay or not to pay...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=21011

sbollag

02-09-2005 12:43:44

So if anyone remembers the crazy guy HappyPuppy from a few days ago who went on a racist, cursing rampage and then got banned...well, I had agreed to pay him $25 for doing freedesktoppc for me, AFTER he went green, so before he got banned he was PM'ing me, cursing, demanding I pay him. So my now question is, if he does go green, should I still pay him? There's nothing he could do that could jeopardize my whole account on that site is there (not saying that's a reason not to pay him)? Just wondering, thanks for any advice.

shamash

02-09-2005 12:46:06

I'd say you should wait til you're approved. He sounds like the kind of guy who would go red.

theysayjump

02-09-2005 12:57:45

yeah id also say to wait until you are approved.

you should give him his money, regardlessof whether he is/was banned ornot. he can report you to gratis for spamming your link, and they can put youon hold.....or he could just make another name, sign up again and then you will be fucked, and he will turn grey.

so id say wait until you have been approved, and then definitely send him his money.

Veek

02-09-2005 13:14:20

I'd wait to get approved for FreeDesktopPc.com.

Someone tried pulling a fast one on me and I reported his account to the site he made me do. They replied that they had put his account of permanent hold. So be careful, he can do that. Or I would.

sbollag

02-09-2005 16:28:40

Thanks for all the quick replies, I appreciate the help. So it seems like the consensus is that I should wait until I'm approved to pay him. But the problem is that I'm pretty far from being approved, I only have one green and several yellows at the moment. But I should wait until I'm approved, not just 'til I'm green, to pay him? Thanks again for all the help.

mpbollywoodking

02-09-2005 17:13:03

yeah, you can't be too sure about the guy because after you pay him, he may do something to ruin his account which will make him go grey or red or something.

ilanbg

04-09-2005 08:53:50

But if he goes green, you have to wonder why he would go red after you pay him.

I'd wait until he contacts you, and pay him a week or two after he's green, just to be sure it isn't imminently red. It isn't really fair to wait until you're approved to pay him, and unfortunately there's no guarantee that you won't get scammed. But waiting to pay him [i69a817eef2]would[/i69a817eef2] give him incentive to go red.

shamash

04-09-2005 08:57:28

Why he would go red?

Maybe he already signed up, or plans on signing up again, for $$.