Tough trade situation...some help?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=20719

KeithA

29-08-2005 17:30:30

I'm in a bit of a tough spot, and would appreciate everyone's input and guidance as to how to handle the situation.

I entered into a trade about a week ago. The person I'm trading with went green for me very quickly, but I have yet to go green for him. I did sign up under him and have completed an offer, but, despite receiving several confirmation emails and a snail-mail welcome kit from the advertiser and having requested offer credit from the free stuff site operator, I still don't have credit.

The other person has since reached the number of greens he needs. His account was approved and his item has already shipped. Now, since I never went green for him, he wants me to complete another offer for him, for another site.

I can sympathize with him because I know he expected a green. But on the other hand, I did uphold my end of the deal--we were trading offers, not greens. It IS within my power to complete an offer, but apparently it isn't within my power to go green. At least not within the window of time that he's expecting.

Has anyone dealt with a similar situation in the past? Any suggestions as to how I can make this right? I'm trying to be fair...

stoogepid

29-08-2005 18:12:17

Usually people trade "greens" not offers, so unless both of you guys were firm about trading offers and not greens then you should probably work out some kind of monetary compensation for the green he gave you or yes green for him on another site.

I just traded with someone that completed an offer, but didnt go green so she did another offer to go green. It happens sometimes you dont get credited.

KeithA

29-08-2005 18:15:17

[quote9237856459="stoogepid"]Usually people trade "greens" not offers, so unless both of you guys were firm about trading offers and not greens then you should probably work out some kind of monetary compensation for the green he gave you or yes green for him on another site.

I just traded with someone that completed an offer, but didnt go green so she did another offer to go green. It happens sometimes you dont get credited.[/quote9237856459]

Thanks, that's helpful. It still doesn't seem fair for one person to put forth twice the effort (or complete twice the offers) as a result of either the advertiser's or the free site's delay, but I guess that's part of the risk you take in trading. Good to know, especially for future trades.

theysayjump

29-08-2005 19:28:32

yeah either offer to do another site or compensate him.

just turn it around and think of you in a similar situation.

you green for him, he does an offer for you but doesnt get credit....whether you complete the site or not, you would still expect a green from him right?

ask him and see what he would prefer, but maybe it would make more sense to do another offer, since it will more than likely be less expensive than paying him.

mpbollywoodking

29-08-2005 19:40:00

or u can do this. You wait for your offer to turn Green, and the transaction is settled. I mean, u signed up under the other guy's link to complete an offer, and you did or you will soon. It was his fault to give you that referral link instead of another referral link where he knows that he doesn't have enough referrals that will potentially go green

So, i don't see why you need to do 2 offers for him when you were contracted to do only one

REMEMBER, IT MAY TAKE UP TO 15 DAYS FOR YOUR CREDIT TO SHOW AND THIS IS KNOWN BY EVERYBODY HERE. SO, AS LONG AS YOU GO GREEN BY THE 15TH DAY, I DON'T SEE WHY YOU NEED TO DO ANOTHER OFFER FOR HIM.

that is just my two cents.

stoogepid

29-08-2005 19:48:30

[quote100863e3ec="mpbollywoodking"]or u can do this. You wait for your offer to turn Green, and the transaction is settled. I mean, u signed up under the other guy's link to complete an offer, and you did or you will soon. It was his fault to give you that referral link instead of another referral link where he knows that he doesn't have enough referrals that will potentially go green

So, i don't see why you need to do 2 offers for him when you were contracted to do only one

REMEMBER, IT MAY TAKE UP TO 15 DAYS FOR YOUR CREDIT TO SHOW AND THIS IS KNOWN BY EVERYBODY HERE. SO, AS LONG AS YOU GO GREEN BY THE 15TH DAY, I DON'T SEE WHY YOU NEED TO DO ANOTHER OFFER FOR HIM.

that is just my two cents.[/quote100863e3ec]

The person already submitted his site for approval so theres no way he can see KeithA's green. The other person gave him the right referral link. He is just asking Keith to do another one to compensate for the non green on the site that he has already submitted.

JuG

29-08-2005 23:42:13

Well this is about me, hope KeithA dont mind i post. But If he goes green then i am find with the trade even tho i got approved and will get my ipod in like a week. But i would rather him do a other site for me and i even offered him the money for the offer. But i understand if he wants to wait b/c i would hate to waste a site.

KeithA

30-08-2005 04:14:00

[quote3edc51e5a6="JuG"]Well this is about me, hope KeithA dont mind i post. But If he goes green then i am find with the trade even tho i got approved and will get my ipod in like a week. But i would rather him do a other site for me and i even offered him the money for the offer. But i understand if he wants to wait b/c i would hate to waste a site.[/quote3edc51e5a6]

I don't mind you posting. I will probably just do another offer for you tonight. I've been thinking about it, and that's really the only fair way to handle it at this point.

In the future, I'll probably want to define a fair window of time with the person I'm trading with--15 days, for example--to account for delays in the offer crediting. And I can imagine scammers using the credit delay to their advantage.

JuG

30-08-2005 11:11:28

[quote1df0c5843e="KeithA"][quote1df0c5843e="JuG"]Well this is about me, hope KeithA dont mind i post. But If he goes green then i am find with the trade even tho i got approved and will get my ipod in like a week. But i would rather him do a other site for me and i even offered him the money for the offer. But i understand if he wants to wait b/c i would hate to waste a site.[/quote1df0c5843e]

I don't mind you posting. I will probably just do another offer for you tonight. I've been thinking about it, and that's really the only fair way to handle it at this point.

In the future, I'll probably want to define a fair window of time with the person I'm trading with--15 days, for example--to account for delays in the offer crediting. And I can imagine scammers using the credit delay to their advantage.[/quote1df0c5843e]

If your going to do a other offer for flashipods4free.com I am going to get my ipod before you get credit for it. I really dont care i got my ipod i did your site no big one. Just dont do that site if you dont need to i allready am getting my ipod so idk if you do it or not.

Strike

30-08-2005 12:27:58

Wow Jug! Your trade record is so high now! The biggest jump that I ever seen here.

Strike

30-08-2005 12:28:29

Oh yeah, I thought you would like to know, one day prior to the arrival of the ipod, the status will change to shipping.

JuG

30-08-2005 14:04:28

[quote73ae31e208="Strike"]Oh yeah, I thought you would like to know, one day prior to the arrival of the ipod, the status will change to shipping.[/quote73ae31e208]

Oh thanks! lol that is kinda funny tho they said that long to change to shipping that is werid...

KeithA

30-08-2005 17:35:00

[quote6e1dbd7ca3="JuG"][quote6e1dbd7ca3="KeithA"][quote6e1dbd7ca3="JuG"]Well this is about me, hope KeithA dont mind i post. But If he goes green then i am find with the trade even tho i got approved and will get my ipod in like a week. But i would rather him do a other site for me and i even offered him the money for the offer. But i understand if he wants to wait b/c i would hate to waste a site.[/quote6e1dbd7ca3]

In the future, I'll probably want to define a fair window of time with the person I'm trading with--15 days, for example--to account for delays in the offer crediting. And I can imagine scammers using the credit delay to their advantage.[/quote6e1dbd7ca3]

If your going to do a other offer for flashipods4free.com I am going to get my ipod before you get credit for it. I really dont care i got my ipod i did your site no big one. Just dont do that site if you dont need to i allready am getting my ipod so idk if you do it or not.[/quote6e1dbd7ca3]

It's your call. I'm happy to do a second offer for you. I realize that it wouldn't do you any good to have me do another offer for flashipods4free, so let me know if there's another site you'd like some help on. You did your part by going green for me, so it's only fair.