Buyer's Advantage, CompleteHome, NetMarket

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=20056

ilanbg

17-08-2005 14:49:10

Two questions One, is it fraud to do these three? I didn't realize they were owned by the same company. Can I sign up for all three? There's not much I can do at this point, as I already did, but I thought I should know for others such as Shopper's Advantage, etc.

Also, when I called to cancel each of these offers, I was told I had already canceled. How is this possible? Is there some setting that it automatically cancels after signing up for the trial?

Oh, and I was never charged the trial charges for these sites, though I did receive credit and the free gifts (i.e. camera and gift cards).

What up?

theysayjump

17-08-2005 14:59:17

i dunno wtf is up, but we dont talk about cancelling here 1st off wink

you can only do one offer, once, since they are for 1st time customers, you cant be a 1st time customer twice can you?

so even if there is a company that owns 10 offers, you can do those 10, but only once.

there is video professor and video professor online, there is AOL BB, and AOL musicnet. you can do all of those offers you mentioned above as long as you havent done them before.

i believe that those offers charge you $1 for the trial, and if you dont like the service they provide, you can call to change the status of your account. if you do so before the trial ends, then i think the refund you your $1, so maybe thats why it doesnt seem like you were charged for them.

ilanbg

17-08-2005 15:02:30

I signed up for all three, but not more than once each. So I'm glad I'm in the clean.

And what I'm trying to say is I never got charged before I called. I check my bank statement daily and never saw a single charge or refund.
And when I called to cancel (I don't see what's wrong with talking about it; I looked at the site but didn't find it all that useful), customer service told me on all three counts that I had already canceled, despite the fact that I never called before.

theysayjump

17-08-2005 15:08:34

well the reason we dont talk about cancelling is because the free sites prefer it if you dont cancel. if everyone was going around and signing up for offers, getting credit, and then cancelling, then the offers would take away their partnership with the free site since all they are getting is people ordering the free trial and no more.

and if the offers stopped their partnershipm then the free sites would run out offers, meaning they couldnt offer as much to their customers, meaning it would either be more difficult for us to do any offers, or the free sites would just die off.

i dont understand about when you called them and they said that you had already called and cancelled all the accounts. i mean i know what you are saying, it just doesnt make sense. i wouldnt complain though. maybe write them an e-mail asking to confirm your cancellation, or call them to confirm it.

ilanbg

17-08-2005 18:01:23

Ok, I can promise I won't be making any other mention of canceling (apart from this thread).

I did CompleteHome and NetMarket months ago, and nothing has happened to either of them.
It doesn't make sense, indeed. I guess I got "lucky."