Having people try to do the same offer...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=20022

Veek

16-08-2005 20:21:42

Alright. We all know how easy Rhapsody is to sign up for, how cheap it is, and easy to cancel. I understand it's been a been weird about giving "instant" credits. But I'm wondering. I started the FreeDesktopPC site and haven't done my offer. I decided to have the 10 greens before I do mine. I haven't done the Rhapsody offer and as a result, it still shows under my friends. I'm telling them all to do that one. Should it be a problem? I mean, it's easy to spot that it's an easy offer and cheap anyway, right? And they're doing it on their own without me "following" them through. I'm just suggesting they do that offer.

Is that a problem? Anyone done the same?

Collateral

16-08-2005 20:30:48

If all 10 do it then yes it could be a problem. I would suggest having a few do it and have the rest do a different offer....just my $.05

Veek

16-08-2005 20:35:52

[quotea2f798f058="Collateral"]If all 10 do it then yes it could be a problem. I would suggest having a few do it and have the rest do a different offer....just my $.05[/quotea2f798f058]

Interesting. I myself can't do Rhapsody so I'll do another offer. I'll have someone else do a different cheap offer. We'll see how that goes. Should I ask Jake?

theysayjump

16-08-2005 20:49:38

i asked the same kinda question to a rep from a non-Gratis site a couple of weeks ago, and he said that he wouldnt recommend doing it, and to try some of their other offers.

it CAN cause problems, cos it may seem like you are walking them all through doing the same offer, over and over again.

id ask Jake just to be sure, but i would advise against it.

Veek

16-08-2005 20:52:37

[quote845398e743="theysayjump"]i asked the same kinda question to a rep from a non-Gratis site a couple of weeks ago, and he said that he wouldnt recommend doing it, and to try some of their other offers.

it CAN cause problems, cos it may seem like you are walking them all through doing the same offer, over and over again.

id ask Jake just to be sure, but i would advise against it.[/quote845398e743]

Ah, I see. I asked Jake to be sure. I think I'll stop suggesting then. Maybe if 5 of them to Rhapsody and the other 5 do some random crap?

theysayjump

16-08-2005 20:56:01

in actual fact, i dont think you are "supposed" to suggest that they do anything, cos then that constitutes you walking them through how to do it, which offers to do etc.

id say just get them to do the offers they are interested in wink

Veek

16-08-2005 20:59:36

[quoteb98bcef985="theysayjump"]in actual fact, i dont think you are "supposed" to suggest that they do anything, cos then that constitutes you walking them through how to do it, which offers to do etc.

id say just get them to do the offers they are interested in wink[/quoteb98bcef985]

http//www.freeipods.com/Faqs.aspx?FAQID=354

"[bb98bcef985]I told my referral to try a specific offer, but they cannot find it.[/bb98bcef985]

Not all offers will show up for everyone. We hide certain offers at certain times for a variety of reasons. Your referrals can simply try another offer."

In their answer, it doesn't say that we should not "tell" friends to do an offer. So I'm guessing if they post that answer, they know people suggest/tell people to try a specific offer. No? o

theysayjump

16-08-2005 21:10:58

you would think, but what would the chances be of every single one of your 10 refs all doing the same offer, all within a few days or so of each other without you telling them to?

it wouldnt be very believable, but the only thing i can think of that they would have a problem with would be that they might think you have walked them through it.

but id say just wait to see what Jake says.

Veek

16-08-2005 21:12:31

[quote4a3573cf39="theysayjump"]you would think, but what would the chances be of every single one of your 10 refs all doing the same offer, all within a few days or so of each other without you telling them to?

it wouldnt be very believable, but the only thing i can think of that they would have a problem with would be that they might think you have walked them through it.

but id say just wait to see what Jake says.[/quote4a3573cf39]

Ah! Yeah, I plan on telling them not to do Rhapsody anymore and do another offer they want. Thanks for the info though, it's greatly appreciated. =] I'll wait for Jakes reply as well.

I wonder if anyone else had this question before.....