I Have Some Complicated Questions?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=20018

mpbollywoodking

16-08-2005 18:51:32

ok, i got a friend to sign up for the desktop, but he accidently didn't click on my referral link. He entered his e=mail and new password and clicked on sign up.

Now, I stopped him after that, he didn't enter any info like address or zipcodes or telephone number, etc.

So, is it too late?
Can he still be a referral for me or is he already signed up on that site?

What if he makes a new account, and never uses the one that he made by mistake, would that be a problem?

he clicked on my referral link for the desktop again and sign up again using the same e-mail and password, but it didn't ask for the home address, it took him straight to the site. Does that mean he made two seperate accounts with the same e-mail and password?

Collateral

16-08-2005 18:56:47

It's too late.

mpbollywoodking

16-08-2005 19:27:20

k
ummm

what about the other questions? Like the last question?

vinsanitee

16-08-2005 20:01:50

Have him "unsubscribe" the account that he made by mistake. I did that for my account and there have been no problems so far.

Veek

16-08-2005 20:02:37

Actually. The weirdest thing happened to me. I had TWO friends sign up using my referral code. But the first time they did their offers, it didn't work. So they signed up again with a new E-mail address from the same house/IP address. They did everything after that legit though. When I sent my account for review, it turned out all good. So I'm not really sure on that one anymore.

theysayjump

16-08-2005 20:12:47

well first off unsubscribing doesnt mean it deletes your account or anything like that. no free sites will ever let you just delete your account, otherwise scammers would be running rampant, making new accounts and shit.

you cant make 2 accounts with the same e-mail address, so if he then clicked on your link and it took him to the login page, then he is already signed up and it wont be through your link.

if he signed up again with your link, and actually went through the whole signing up process, then he more than likely made another account.

best thing to do is either PM Jake (Gratis rep) on these here forums and tell him of the situation and see what he says. Or open a support ticket on the desktop site and tell them whats going on and see what they say.

i had a similar situation at the start of the year, and lthough i thought it was cleared up, its now come back to haunt me, so dont take our word for it, just go straight to the people who know themselves.