2 totally different accounts, 1 IP address

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=19740

crackernutt

09-08-2005 22:22:58

hi newbie here. My cousin and I heard so much good things about freeipods.com that we decided to try it. So we both signed up at my house, using my computer. So this would mean 2 different freeipods.com accounts on the same IP address. My cousin and I have different emails, different address, different credit card, etc. The only similarity we have in common is signing up under the same computer.

I've heard that having the same IP address can put your account on hold. Do you think this will happen to me? And if it does happen do you think Gratis will take me off hold if I explained to them what happened?

I don't think I even want to try getting my referrals if i'm eventually going to be put on hold. Is there a way i can contact gratis and ask if i will or possibly be put on hold? I can't find anywhere at freeipods.com that states that you can be put on hold because of the same IP address, not even in the terms & conditions. pls help me out. thanks.

tonydanza92

09-08-2005 22:52:25

yeah you should probably give up on that site

or you can pm the representative we have here on our forums witht the user name "jake" and ask for your options

theysayjump

09-08-2005 23:21:07

yeah you're fucked.

bst thing you can do is like tonydanza92 said, PM jake and let him know, ask him if you left one of the accounts inactive (didnt sign in, complete offers, refer anyone etc) would you be allowed to keep the other account?

i was, so it is possible.

Peinecone

14-08-2005 14:43:53

Jake has said that IP is not the only thing they look at. I bet if you send a support ticket or PM Jake, they will say as long as the address' are different, yoiu will be fine. But it is always good to let them know and see what they say.

Icepic

17-08-2005 13:11:22

What about if my sister and dad want to sign up for this? Am I out of luck? Or can you have more then 1 account per house hold.. the Address and IP would be the same but the Names and credit card numbers would be different...

Strike

17-08-2005 14:16:09

Nope. Not mulitple accounts allowed at all. Check your pm's. I sent you something.

theysayjump

17-08-2005 14:46:57

yeah its one account per household, so yeah that is the shit thing about most of these sites if you do have family members who want to do it.

You could however try one of the Trainn sites, they allow other members of your household to sign up for the sites and persue them, themselves, but they/you just cant refer anyone else in your household.

tjawed

22-08-2005 17:56:24

how / where do you open a support ticket from? couldnt find it on the freephotoipods site.

thansk

theysayjump

22-08-2005 21:14:23

instead of opening a support ticket, just PM Jake on this forum and tell him of your situation, and see what he can do.

stoogepid

23-08-2005 00:29:47

[quote76b16703fd="theysayjump"]instead of opening a support ticket, just PM Jake on this forum and tell him of your situation, and see what he can do.[/quote76b16703fd]

I thought we werent suppose to become dependent on the boards for "support" because they might not check it all the time? Anyways I could be wrong. ?

theysayjump

23-08-2005 00:43:54

nah Jake is on here a lot during the day

stoogepid

23-08-2005 00:47:42

Oh alright thats cool then. Its a lot more convenient for all of us.