Checking offers on an OC site

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=19183

TheAlpaca

28-07-2005 21:02:00

I'm in pre-trade negotiations with someone - cash for one of his refs on a OC site. I ask him what offers are left and he says that since this is his last ref the offers are different than when he signed up so I have to just sign up and take a look.

I was under the impression that one could almost always have an idea of what offers their referrals will see. Maybe it's different for OC, but I just did a last ref for a Gratis site and the trader gave me an accurate list of offers before I traded. Am I missing something?

I figured it would be "offers of doom," but I thought I'd be able to check the doom out first.

Thanks.

PumaPride77

28-07-2005 21:20:11

yeah it's different for offercentric. I'm not sure if they're different for the last ref but offercentric does change up the offers at some point, so it's very likely that he/she is telling the truth.

tonydanza92

28-07-2005 21:34:23

yeah, but asking him to yellow just to see the offers may be somewhat of a trick. If you really want to see the offers I'd say go sign up with a fank email/info at a public computer to see. Don't waste a real signup if you don't have to.

If he does have the offers of doom you can probably find what they usually are by doing a search on these forums

TheAlpaca

28-07-2005 22:00:04

[quotebcb689c457="tonydanza92"]If you really want to see the offers I'd say go sign up with a fank email/info at a public computer to see. Don't waste a real signup if you don't have to.[/quotebcb689c457]

Yeah, I thought I might do this. The offers that show up if I signed up with fake info first [ibcb689c457]should[/ibcb689c457] be the same exact ones when I sign up for real, right? And his link will give different offers than others, right? Just making sure because I hate flaking out on people.

I asked in the first place not because I don't trust the guy, but just so I know how this stuff works and I don't get burned when I can't do a single offer for somebody.

Thanks for the replies.

tonydanza92

28-07-2005 22:05:28

[quote5f95baa2a5="TheAlpaca"]The offers that show up if I signed up with fake info first [i5f95baa2a5]should[/i5f95baa2a5] be the same exact ones when I sign up for real, right?
.[/quote5f95baa2a5]

yes, unless he gets more refs before you get signed up, and also more could be added / taken away randomly but that is not just an OC thing, all sites do this. If he gets another ref you may see offers that are D00M(er) than others ?

just make sure not to be retarded and sign on with 2 accounts on your own computer

TheAlpaca

28-07-2005 22:18:13

[quoted53730bdc1="tonydanza92"]If he gets another ref you may see offers that are D00M(er) than others ?

just make sure not to be retarded and sign on with 2 accounts on your own computer[/quoted53730bdc1]

Okay, this is his last ref, so I don't think I'll have the problem of getting worse offers.

Oh, and I'll make sure not to be retarded. D

Thanks for the help.

tonydanza92

28-07-2005 22:22:43

[quote3a92bd6c66="TheAlpaca"][quote3a92bd6c66="tonydanza92"]If he gets another ref you may see offers that are D00M(er) than others ?

just make sure not to be retarded and sign on with 2 accounts on your own computer[/quote3a92bd6c66]

Okay, this is his last ref, so I don't think I'll have the problem of getting worse offers.

Oh, and I'll make sure not to be retarded. D

Thanks for the help.[/quote3a92bd6c66]

no problem

and being retarded is no fun.. i've heard