gift cards

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=18949

js211702

24-07-2005 20:55:01

Can you use gift credit card for most of the sites. My friends dont want to use their credit cards.

theysayjump

24-07-2005 21:05:58

im not sure.....i mean im sure you can as long as they have Visa or Mastercard or whatever logo's on them.

but then if you sign up for an offer and you want to keep the offer and you have no money on your card, then the company whose offer you did, wont get the money you owe them.

im just guessing since i havent used them myself, so maybe if someone who has could answer they may be able to give you a better idea.

am0nia

24-07-2005 23:55:16

OMG! i was just about to ask this and i see a new thread about it......sooo uhhm yea i am also wondering if anyone has gotten away with using a prepaid/travelers/gift credit card on offers. I have in the past ordered stuff online successfully with american express gift cards and never had any problems, my friend however on his first time tried to order a pair of expensive headphones and the card got charged instantly, but then later got rejected with a "sorry we dont accept this type of card" email and it took him a few months for the site to refund his money. I also know they dont work on paypal as i have tried.....so yea, just some info.

Also i am wondering if it is possible to reuse the card, because me and some friends are thinking of all buying a 50$ card and are all gonna use it on an offer, then cancel etc.....but i am wondering if companies would block the card after it is used once, or if theyd get suspicious

gregcool

25-07-2005 05:18:20

Number 1. amOnia, don't talk about cancelling...

Number 2. Some people get away with using prepaid cards, etc. I am guessing if the offer you do catches it and doesn't pay the site you did it for, then you will not get credit for it. Basically, take the chance if you like. Many people have been successful.