One Ipod, 2 itunes accounts on 2 different computers

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=18392

hairyferry

13-07-2005 21:58:55

I have an ipod and have itunes on my computer. WHen I go to my girls for and use itunes on her computer for some reason I can't ad downloaded music to my ipod. If I do it ends up deleting all my music and putting hers on instead of keeping mine and adding hers. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong or if you can't even do this?

mrdelayer

13-07-2005 22:10:31

Use ml_ipod or something. Or take her downloaded songs, put them into your iTunes music library, have her authorize your computer, and put them on your iPod.

hairyferry

13-07-2005 22:15:35

[quote5bd528c0b3="mrdelayer"]Use ml_ipod or something. Or take her downloaded songs, put them into your iTunes music library, have her authorize your computer, and put them on your iPod.[/quote5bd528c0b3]

SHe doesn't live with me and it takes to long to transfer her songs to my computer. I was just wondering if I'd be able to throw my ipod on her cradle and be able to put her songs on mine without loosing the ones I had on there already.

theysayjump

13-07-2005 22:17:04

when you connect your iPod to your computer and open iTunes, under preferances, make sure that you are manually adding and updating your library/iPod.

i had this problem also and everytime i connected my iPod and opened iTunes it would delete everything from my iPod and upload what was in my library (not very much).

if you do that you should be fine, as i use my ipod on 2 different computers and it works fine for me.

hairyferry

13-07-2005 22:21:56

Is there an easy way to take the songs off the ipod and put them on my hard drive if they aren't there already?

mrdelayer

13-07-2005 22:24:52

There are a few pieces of software that'll do that for you. I'm not exactly sure what they're called.. just google it.

hairyferry

13-07-2005 23:36:30

[quote7add552a28="theysayjump"]when you connect your iPod to your computer and open iTunes, under preferances, make sure that you are manually adding and updating your library/iPod.

i had this problem also and everytime i connected my iPod and opened iTunes it would delete everything from my iPod and upload what was in my library (not very much).

if you do that you should be fine, as i use my ipod on 2 different computers and it works fine for me.[/quote7add552a28]

Thanks for takin your time to help me. This guy is awesome, he sent me screen shots and everything to try to help me out. Thanks again.

theysayjump

13-07-2005 23:39:26

like i said, not a problem......just glad its working now after going through all that shit D

Berky34

22-07-2005 12:54:27

i know what u r going through, u can make it a manually updated ipod or u can just simply download copypod online. u get a two week free trial so try to finish all of your copying then. simply take her ipod and plug it in to ur computer, make sure that u use the tutorial online if its your first time.