? Signing up w/ free***.com

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=17672

Sara332282

29-06-2005 16:28:41

First and foremost, I'm sorry if this topic was covered/answered. YES, i did read the rules, advice, and various posts.... however there was one aspect to this process that i was unclear about

I want to sign up to a few of the sites (freeiPods.com, freeflatscreens.com, tabletsforzip.com).

Should i sign up from a random link?

or can i trade my INITIAL signing up for something?

lililiif what i stated needs to be clarified please indicate so and i can [ia05b632f20]try[/ia05b632f20]

Collateral

29-06-2005 16:31:54

First, I wanna ask if you're that chick in your avatar? LOL sorry... Anyway, I would recommend going to the Trading Post and post that you are available to sign up for those sites. Freeipods.com is a site that lots are seeking but they can ardly find anyone to do since most people are already signed up. You could probably get anywhere from $35-$50 for freeipods.com and $25 or so for the others.

Archon810

29-06-2005 16:36:07

how pathetic, Collateral, I knew somebody would be asking it, and there you are... asking.

But seriously, are you that chick on the avatar?!

Stroid

29-06-2005 16:39:10

yeah do as collateral said

Sara332282

29-06-2005 16:47:18

Oh wow.... i can get money!! But can i trade for them to sign up for one (or 2) of my others one (ex freeflatscreens.com)? I mean, obviously the first one i'd have to take money. Which one would i get the most $$$ for?

yeah me, but for some reason i look okay in that pic. I am actually 5'1 and kinda chubby. So sorry, i guess that cell phone pic isnt the most accurate depiction. My sisters on the other hand, now they are all GEORGEOUS and tall and skinny and yeah.... i'm on the weak end of the genetic pool cry

but oh well. you play the cards life deals you roll

ben laden

29-06-2005 16:49:13

No matter how misrepresentative that picture, chubby I can't believe. I think you have an overblown idea of what chubby is....

Btw, if you want to get started trading sites and making money I have a few sites I'm paying for. PM me or IM me if you're interested.

Sara332282

29-06-2005 17:02:41

no, i am. That pic doesnt show my thighs, butt, calves. But my school has a free gym and free health consultants. So hopefully in a few months i can post a great pic. Seriously, if you saw my older sisters you'd be like, "Were you adopted?" But i've dealth with it my whole life and am no longer bitter, jealous, mad, etc. I mean, atleast i do better in school than them. I JUST HAVE TO FIND A GUY THAT MEETS MY SISTERS AND DOESNT FALL IN LOVE WITH [be67876d1ba]THEM[/be67876d1ba]!!!!!!!!!

Anyways... this isnt a "make the younger sister feel better about herself" support group.

[ue67876d1ba]
Getting back to the MONEY (after all, i am a student) is this illegal? trading sign-ups for $$ seems a tad shady to me???? ? [/ue67876d1ba]

Collateral

29-06-2005 17:09:59

No No, it's not illegal. It's perfectly legal. You just gotta watch out for the scammers in the Trading Post. Try to only trade with people with high TRs rather than low ones. BTW feel free to send me pics. Ok, I'll shut up.

PumaPride77

29-06-2005 23:17:21

[quotebbc0c6c626="Collateral"]BTW feel free to send me pics. Ok, I'll shut up.[/quotebbc0c6c626]

lol yeah just post them in that "see whom you're dealing with" thread (http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=17115&).

EDIT okay i'll shutup too.

Sara332282

30-06-2005 00:31:22

actually someone rude just convinced me that this whole.... whatever one would call it.... is not for me.

he was rude and mean and i am deleting my account. I'll get another job and earn it that way.

(it wasnt anyone here... someone on AIM)

lijerkli

Batman

30-06-2005 00:35:56

I wouldn't let the words of one ruin this whole process for you. In time, I think you will come to wonder how you ever paid for anything. )

theysayjump

30-06-2005 02:03:53

[quoteee2a22f6ef="Sara332282"]actually someone rude just convinced me that this whole.... whatever one would call it.... is not for me.

he was rude and mean and i am deleting my account. I'll get another job and earn it that way.

(it wasnt anyone here... someone on AIM)

lijerkli[/quoteee2a22f6ef]

well if that is indeed the case, how does someone who is rude and just spoke to you on AIM, know what "is not for you"?

shouldnt you be the one to decide that?

furthermore, you cant delete any accounts you sign up for, including this username you created on here.

the sites (free sites) wont let you delete them because if they did, it would open the door to a lot of people doing the sites more than once (completing a site, deleting the account, doing it again etc.), which is against the TOS (one account per household).

so the way i see it, is that you have created your account, people are looking for what you can offer (not pics) and if this wasnt right for you, then you wouldnt have done it in the 1st place......so continue to do what you were going to do, trade, ask, post, help.....whatever.

just try to make your own decisions in future wink

oh and there are always perverts on here who will be more than willing to help roll lol

ben laden

30-06-2005 03:06:39

I can actually respond to this since I'm the "jerk."

I IMed her to see if she was willing to do some sites. She mentioned that she was just looking around and making sure it was legal and everything, and I assured her that it was, but I decided to myself that I wouldn't offer to pay her for anything because I didn't want her to get overwhelmed before she was ready to start. I kept talking, though, and we had a pretty long conversation. I went to see a movie, came back, saw she was on, and started the conversation up again. It was here that she mentioned that one of the admins had IMed her and told her she was using a proxy, and that some scammers like to fake being girls (for obvious reasons, just look at this thread). Here I became suspicious. I don't know much about proxies, but I'm under the impressino that you don't use one "on accident" (correct me if I'm wrong) and that they're a favorite tool of frauders looking to sign up for multiple sites. It got to the point where she was basically accusing me of calling her a scammer, when I was simply trying to make the point that was suspicious to me. The reason it was suspicious to me is because I've been scammed once a month on average, and it sucks every time. So I guess I'm kind of naturally paranoid about things like this, and I feel I had reason to be since she was using a proxy. Well, she was desperate to prove that she wasn't a scammer, so she gave me her number and I called her and it basically proved she seemed to be legit. So I admitted I was wrong, and she got pissed off, and long story short she said that this is probably "a message" that she shouldn't do these sites. I kept telling her not to take my actions and suspicions as representative of this forum's members.However, she was very upset. I was too, after having crammed my foot so far down my mouth that I was pissing toenails. So basically even though it was no my intention, I ended up overwhelming her and driving her away anyways.
So once again, and I don't know how many times I can say, I'm sorry for letting my suspicions and paranoia guide my words.

to members of the forum, sorry for driving away a potentially valuable member of the forum based on what was basically hearsay.

Btw, I hope it's cleared up that I never told her it "wasn't for her." I encouraged her to pursue trading on here.

Collateral

30-06-2005 06:36:04

[quotef6b3d8d795="ben laden"]I can actually respond to this since I'm the "jerk."

I IMed her to see if she was willing to do some sites. She mentioned that she was just looking around and making sure it was legal and everything, and I assured her that it was, but I decided to myself that I wouldn't offer to pay her for anything because I didn't want her to get overwhelmed before she was ready to start. I kept talking, though, and we had a pretty long conversation. I went to see a movie, came back, saw she was on, and started the conversation up again. It was here that she mentioned that one of the admins had IMed her and told her she was using a proxy, and that some scammers like to fake being girls (for obvious reasons, just look at this thread). Here I became suspicious. I don't know much about proxies, but I'm under the impressino that you don't use one "on accident" (correct me if I'm wrong) and that they're a favorite tool of frauders looking to sign up for multiple sites. It got to the point where she was basically accusing me of calling her a scammer, when I was simply trying to make the point that was suspicious to me. The reason it was suspicious to me is because I've been scammed once a month on average, and it sucks every time. So I guess I'm kind of naturally paranoid about things like this, and I feel I had reason to be since she was using a proxy. Well, she was desperate to prove that she wasn't a scammer, so she gave me her number and I called her and it basically proved she seemed to be legit. So I admitted I was wrong, and she got pissed off, and long story short she said that this is probably "a message" that she shouldn't do these sites. I kept telling her not to take my actions and suspicions as representative of this forum's members.However, she was very upset. I was too, after having crammed my foot so far down my mouth that I was pissing toenails. So basically even though it was no my intention, I ended up overwhelming her and driving her away anyways.
So once again, and I don't know how many times I can say, I'm sorry for letting my suspicions and paranoia guide my words.

to members of the forum, sorry for driving away a potentially valuable member of the forum based on what was basically hearsay.

Btw, I hope it's cleared up that I never told her it "wasn't for her." I encouraged her to pursue trading on here.[/quotef6b3d8d795]

Eh, shit happens; it's over with. I don't blame you for being suspicious since she was using a proxy. I don't understand how you could "accidently" use a proxy unless if she shares computers with someone that was using one and never turned it off.

Sara332282

30-06-2005 11:09:33

no, no. it isnt that. It is a lot of things Ben. Reading this forum has opened my eyes to several things. I have to be careful. It is not just the obvious of asking someone to pm from their forum account before AIM. It's more stuff. This is a whole [bcb9366147e]world in it of itself.[/bcb9366147e] I told you Ben, it's like being a day-trader with the stock market almost.

I cannot just see all these nice things and then just jump into it. There has to be a dark side to all this. It cant be just that easy. It is a psychology this whole trading, i swear. I mean.... i told you that i didnt wanna beg my friends and family for blockbuster signups. So that only leaves me with the trading option. Okay fine. But eventually i am gonna run out of aol trials, movie rentals, skin cremes, anti-wrinkle stuff, phone cards, and useless crap to sign up for. Then i am left to buying out newbies. I dont know. It's a process. You really gotta know what you are doing to come out ahead. Look!! If i had just decided to sign up from one of those random links from Yahoo, i would have missed out on $$$ which will eventually go to buying out newbies, shipping, etc. I would have, well not began in the hole, but began on level ground as opposed to coming out ahead (from someone buying my first signup).

People that do this and do it right are [bcb9366147e]thinkers[/bcb9366147e]. It's a process that they've carefully thought out every detail. No one is gonna teach me all the little stuff. I could spend hours on this board reading every post from day 1 and it still wont go over the fine tips, tricks, and psychology of it. You gotta figure that out on your own. I am not looking into this too much! Dont tell me i am, bc this is more difficult than "3 steps to a FREE ipod!!" It is sooo much more.

I almost feel like the devil is tempting me though. It's like, "i'm new and fresh blood, having zero signups at the moment. I hold the power and set the 'price.' " But at the same time.... that means that a month down the road, i'll be the submissive one seeking out newbies.

I do not even know the legality of this whole thing (not the free merchandise, but trading money through paypal for signups). As much as i respect that admins know a lot about this process and would most likely not put themselves personally into legal danger, i still dont know [bcb9366147e]for myself[/bcb9366147e]. I cannot go by the word of anyone else. I have to look into for myself. What if i select the cash option instead of the ipod? Do i have to report that to taxes at the end of the year?? I dont know how any of this works. Some places might give you the ipod free, but you pay for it to be shipped, pay tax on the full original ipodd price, and a service fee. I DONT KNOW!!!!!! I dont wanna see all these charges on my credit card one morning.

I do feel horrible, bc i actually wanted to extensively research this and eventually write up another "How-to" and "Basics" for other beginners. I know you already have a few of them stickied, but i learn differently so i'm sure someone could have benefitted from my take on how this works.

Ben you were so kind to me, i do not think of you as a jerk. Actually i wanted to surprise you for all your help and sign up for a link you really need as a way of saying "thanks." You said it yourself that you wished someone would have told you certain things when you started. I can see that. I was about to click on one of those random links and just sign up for the freeipods. When i came here though, i learned that i could get $30, $40 for it. This forum and everyone have been sooo helpful.

i am just ultra paranoid. Like if the government decides to crack down on this. Haha, i know it sounds stupid... but. I dont know. I mean, a good suggestion from you Ben was to make an Excel spreadsheet logging everything about every transaction. If i have all this documented and it turns out to be illegal, who knows. I feel so silly saying these things, but i am certain someone else has questioned this in their minds as well.

Ugh! I know in some sick way though that i'd get a thrill outta planning this. I'm sure day-traders crave that stability and predictability of a solid job and concrete earnings. Yet i'm even more sure that they also like the thrill and uncertainty and risk of it all. See, i think i'd be good bc i came to this forum first. By fate, i happened to stumble upon this site in an attempt to find a free ipod giveaway site through Yahoo. Look all that i have learned.

It seems "fun"...... but i'm not ready. I need time. This might not be for me at all. Look at what could happen. I could end up with paypal fees, shipping charges, and useless crap. And no ipod!!!!! It is NOT as easy as people make it seem. I dont care how many people reply and say, "yes it is," or "you're just stupid," or "look at the Brag Bag." Where are the unsuccessful stories?? There cannot be NONE.

if someone is reading this and can tell me the DOWNSIDE to all this, please please PLEASE reply. I dont wanna get like 4 people saying, "YES!!! It is that easy!!!!! See for yourself!!!!!" I wanna know the bad stuff. The only downside cannot be looking out for scammers. There has to be more financial loss than people are posting.

And to Collateral..... i honestly do not know what to say. When i sign on to the internet i just click on "connect." I do not know what a proxy is even!!!! How can i turn it on/off if i dont even know what it is. When you IMed me i wasnt about to give a stranger my service provider or ip address or anything!! My parents hardly use the comp and arent comp literate to that degree. When i listen to music i use the comp in our basement. It's hooked up to a different phone line/number than our main home line. Is that it? And the comp down here is older, it runs on Win98. Is that it? I dont know? We dont use DSL or highspeed or broadband. It is dial up. Is that why?? I have no idea. If you tell me how, i will look up my isp and ip address and report them to you. It just bothers me a lot that you think i am a scammer. I wanted to do this. I feel bad. I am not out to scam people. Obviously because i am getting educated on this process i will drive a hard bargain, but i'm not a scammer. I know the rules that i trade first because of my rank. I wouldnt try and change that or force someone to do it my way. I feel horrible that you think that i am out to get you board members. I already think you hacked onto my comp or looked onto it to see if i was a scammer. You suddenly signed off after you said that to me.

See!!! It's crap like this that makes me think it isnt worth it. Look at how much i just had to type to explain myself. i dont wanna do this. I dont wanna jump through hoops. I hope you dont edit/delete this post. I want other newbies to see this and realize that it isnt easy and look at what someone may have to go through.

Ben, you have been so kind and informative to me. I could never be upset with you. I feel horrible that you posted that. And yes, you did encourage me to stay and benefit.

This isnt for me right now. I dont want to be PMed or IMed or solicited for trade. I want to observe as an outsider for awhile. I need to research trade history posts of people. If anyone can tell me good traders to watch, let me know! I wanna learn. I am in a good position though. I havent signed up for anything yet AND I am informed and able to learn more.

ALL NEWBIS SHOULD DO EXTENSIVE RESEARCH BEFORE YOU BEGIN LIKE THE STICKY SAYS> MORE THAN THE STICKY SAYS EVEN!!!!

So anyone who read my book ? , please make a CON list of this and let me know some tips that arent mentioned. Even the littlest, stupid thing that you think isnt worth mentioning actually does mean something to me.

bye.

Stroid

30-06-2005 11:14:09

wow thats long

Batman

30-06-2005 11:15:14

[quote78f4c295c9="Stroid"]wow thats long[/quote78f4c295c9]
I hear that all the time. lol

Collateral

30-06-2005 11:20:36

[quoteaedf04a6c8]And to Collateral.....[/quoteaedf04a6c8]

Actually, It wasn't me that IMed you ;) It was a moderator that did, I'm not a mod.

Sara332282

30-06-2005 11:22:41

i know, sorry. But i am dead serious.

Someone make a new post entitled "Pros/Cons" in the Newbie sec.

And dont list crap like [i73862bc77d]time consuming [/i73862bc77d] or anything like that for Cons.

That's like you telling the job interviewer that your flaw is you work too hard.

I WANT THE REAL DOWNSIDE TO THIS.

Someone, please.

Collateral

30-06-2005 11:26:15

[quote1220b327ce="Sara332282"]i know, sorry. But i am dead serious.

Someone make a new post entitled "Pros/Cons" in the Newbie sec.

And dont list crap like [i1220b327ce]time consuming [/i1220b327ce] or anything like that for Cons.

That's like you telling the job interviewer that your flaw is you work too hard.

I WANT THE REAL DOWNSIDE TO THIS.

Someone, please.[/quote1220b327ce]

I can't think of a downside. The only one I could think of is TIME CONSUMING but can't think of others. Also, none of this shit is illegal so don't worry yourself.

Sara332282

30-06-2005 11:35:57

oh come on! i cannot be the only one that thinks this a little bit glittery!! It bothers me that no one will be like, "yeah, it's cool. But the bad part is ______."

Hopefully more people will read and come outta the woodwork. I dont know. i doubt anyone will sum total on their excel sheet and tell me how much their ipod or flatscreen actually costed them. I'm sure it's cheaper than store bought, but i'm curious.

I dont know. This seems a little shady to me. I dont care who/what is in the brag box

Batman

30-06-2005 11:36:48

The only downside that I can think of is the cost of any offers you would be completing, whether it be for your own account or in a trade. This all varies on the offer that you are doing, so you can ask around or check out http//www.ratetheoffers.com if you are unsure.

kposse77

30-06-2005 11:51:40

In my opinion, the dark side is that you're basically dealing with people that in most cases, you don't know from someone else on a subway car. Just because they're smiling at you doesn't mean they're not trying to rob you.

Having said that, that's pretty much the definition of any other trading/buying site online. Even sites like eBay and Amazon provide ratings that are supposed to help potential buyers, but as plenty of people on those sites can attest to, it can still be a hit or miss experience.

As someone who has been scammed a number of times on this site, I can say that it is disheartening to go through all this work and then have the person on the other end not hold up their end of the bargin, but it's an unfortunate risk that you have to be willing to take if you don't personally know enough people that can sign up for one of your offers.

If you do happen to have like three friends that are willing to give it a shot, why not try a site like freeipodshuffles without using the forum? They have a low referral count and Gratis is considered to be one of the most reputable sites around. Then maybe you can post in the Brag Bag yourself wink

Hope that helps and good luck,
Rich

Peinecone

30-06-2005 12:37:17

One possible downside is that you can get charged by the companies if you continue to use their sites or services after the trial. But this can be avoided with good note taking.

ben laden

30-06-2005 13:37:01

I'll contribute. Going from Peinecone's post, even if you DO have good note taking sometimes you get screwed. I did Hoodia Miracle diet for a site a week or so ago, and I canceled it without ever even crediting. So no big deal, I just did another offer for that site. However, I look up my bank account online one day and see that I have no money in my checking account and 400 less than what I should have in my savings account. Hoodia, in all their infinite wisdom, decided to charge me 30.11 once and 89.90 seven times. I'm lucky I have my bank account set up so that it dips into my savings account once the checking account is overdrawn. I cleared it up with them, and now I've only been charged 89.90 once, which will be refunded once I return the EXTRA shipment of Miracle Diet that they sent, even though I canceled, although apparently they didn't like me doing that very much. roll

Keep in mind though that this is A VERY RARE OCCURANCE. These types of things happen rarely and mostly my experiences with this trading are good.

theysayjump

30-06-2005 13:41:37

piss! i just did that offer for oddtech....not only will i probably not green, but ill be charged $12,000 also (

ben laden

30-06-2005 13:43:27

It was actually only like $660. lol lol lol lol lol

theysayjump

30-06-2005 13:46:37

lol, oh not much at all....you get my PM?

Peinecone

30-06-2005 13:50:02

[quote69b4998d07="Sara332282"] i doubt anyone will sum total on their excel sheet and tell me how much their ipod or flatscreen actually costed them. I'm sure it's cheaper than store bought, but i'm curious.
x[/quote69b4998d07]
I spent about $120 on my freeipod. I got it after my freephotoipod. It is by far the hardest to get refs for by trading.

FreeOffersNow

02-07-2005 19:16:01

[quote1e593579b0="Batman"][quote1e593579b0="Stroid"]wow thats long[/quote1e593579b0]
I hear that all the time. lol[/quote1e593579b0]

lol