Question dealing with IP's

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=17380

gregcool

25-06-2005 16:54:09

Ok, first off, I guess I need to know if the sites(gratis, etc) go by the IP you signed up on, or the one you access it from? Also, do they check it again when you do an offer?

No here is what lead to my questions

I am in Maryland for an internship, so I have been doing all my sites up here. I am going home for the weekend coming up. Now, my friend wants to get in on this, but doesn't have an internet connection. What I wanted to do was to do his signing up at my house. But, if I try to access his accounts and my accounts from my house, will I run into any problems? I guess I could try to log on to one of the other wireless connections in my neighborhood this week, or just go over to my other friend's house, but I was trying to avoid that. I just want to know what would be the safest method.

slease

25-06-2005 23:02:34

[quote2001528b6e="gregcool"]Ok, first off, I guess I need to know if the sites(gratis, etc) go by the IP you signed up on, or the one you access it from? Also, do they check it again when you do an offer?

No here is what lead to my questions

I am in Maryland for an internship, so I have been doing all my sites up here. I am going home for the weekend coming up. Now, my friend wants to get in on this, but doesn't have an internet connection. What I wanted to do was to do his signing up at my house. But, if I try to access his accounts and my accounts from my house, will I run into any problems? I guess I could try to log on to one of the other wireless connections in my neighborhood this week, or just go over to my other friend's house, but I was trying to avoid that. I just want to know what would be the safest method.[/quote2001528b6e]

They know every IP you have ever logged into their site with.

gregcool

25-06-2005 23:28:12

So, is that going to cause any problems? Because I check my status from different locations.

gregcool

28-06-2005 06:54:03

Would it cause a problem, if me and my friend are signed up for the same site (differ addys, diff names, SIGNED up on diff. ips) and checked them on the same computer, lets say he signs up for freegamingsystems (which i am already signed up for) and I check my status at my house in NC, and he checks his there too(since he doesn't have internet). Keep in mind that the sites were signed up and completed at different addresses(i signed up here in maryland (summer internship)) and he will probably be signing up at my house (north carolina), unless i can't do this. Let me know if this is unclear D

wood

28-06-2005 07:35:56

Why do people keep asking this question?

Is it really worth risking your account just to check your status?

Personally, I use the same liSECUREli ip address to sign up, complete an offer, and check my status with for every free site I complete.

I'd rather have to wait a few extra hours (or even days) to check my status, then risk getting put on hold.

With that being said, I have friends that share computers to check their status', and they have not been put on hold...yet

So I guess it's a risk you might or might not want to take...

Pete

28-06-2005 07:47:07

i am using work computer and home computer for ref, offers and status... never used my friends computer to check my status even! you never know, ur friend could get a f popup with freeipods.com and sign... even without remembering he did that... so u could be F$##)

But yes you can use different ips if you are sure that only your referrals signed on that pc.
good luck

Peksim

28-06-2005 07:53:24

[quotea45c43833f="gregcool"]Would it cause a problem, if me and my friend are signed up for the same site (differ addys, diff names, SIGNED up on diff. ips) and checked them on the same computer, lets say he signs up for freegamingsystems (which i am already signed up for) and I check my status at my house in NC, and he checks his there too(since he doesn't have internet). Keep in mind that the sites were signed up and completed at different addresses(i signed up here in maryland (summer internship)) and he will probably be signing up at my house (north carolina), unless i can't do this. Let me know if this is unclear D[/quotea45c43833f]

Yes it Will be a problem.

One of my brother's friends was placed on hold because he just checked his account at brother's house... He only did it only one time and got DQed during the approval process.

I tell all the people I get to sign up to NEVER log into their account on any other computer(IP) than the one they originally signed up with, becuase you never know. My general idea is to never waste a potential referral. Once you access your account from an IP you cannot use it to sign someone up (under yourself).

gregcool

28-06-2005 09:14:38

Thanks Guys. Sorry if it was a repeated question. Just trying to be safe.

FiveStar

28-06-2005 09:45:13

What do they do for people that are on dial up and get assigned different IPs every time they connect to their ISP? This isn't the case for me, but I imagine that they have a good number of members with dialup.

gregcool

28-06-2005 09:56:06

That is a good question. Another question would be, what about when I go back to college? When in college, if I goto whatismyip.com or something like that, it is always the same and different from others there (unlike router where ip will show same on all computers on a site like that). I know the biggest worry would be signing up, then finding out the person that lived there before you signed up, right?

Peksim

28-06-2005 10:19:59

My [u5255db6a40]guess[/u5255db6a40] is that they look at the following information
- IP
- ISP They can know what ISP you are using... Dial up or other.
- Personal Information
- Offers completed and under what name (They may not have access to CC info but They might be able to get name and email).

I say when in doubt, be safe. Accessing your account from only one computer is the safest way to ensure that you will not be placed on hold for multiple accounts and would be easier to defend if by some chance you were.