Is it wrong to put your link on ebay?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=16020

The_Huffster

05-06-2005 22:09:35

I've put a link on ebay and state in it that its information on how to recieve a item and people have bid almost $200 on it even though it says that I'm not responsible for people who pay me, etc. am i obligated to return that money to them or what?

theysayjump

05-06-2005 22:14:04

its against ebays TOS to put auctions showing, telling, helping people recieve things outside of ebay for free.

that doesnt mean that people dont do it though cos there are a shitload of them on there.

i think it would be up to you to return the money or not. your account will be deleted/suspended though depending on whether you get caught, enough people complain etc.

so the way i see its all up to your conscience as to whether you should pay them back or not.

CoMpFrEaK

05-06-2005 22:17:02

You should return their money, as much as its their fault you should return it

The_Huffster

05-06-2005 22:20:59

Ya, I am aware that its against the TOS and all, and I know I should return the money but at the same time this evil voice in my head says "keep the money, it'll teach em to read the auction next time before bidding" twisted roll P

mr0x

05-06-2005 22:49:08

[quoted7694965d9="The_Huffster"]I've put a link on ebay and state in it that its information on how to recieve a item and people have bid almost $200 on it even though it says that I'm not responsible for people who pay me, etc. am i obligated to return that money to them or what?[/quoted7694965d9]

Well, it's probably a 12 year old kid who didn't bother reading anything in the auction but just bid by the title. When he won the auction, he probably borrowed his dad's card and paid for it.

Once no PSP or iPod or whatever shows up in the mail, a complaint will be filed.

If you don't refund them, most likely ebay and paypal will take it from you and give it back.

oddjob1266

06-06-2005 05:50:31

As much as it sucks, you definately need to return the cash....I have had similar auctions canceled when trying to sell info for where things could be bought cheap, and it seems like they had a 3 strike policy to close out your account. I don't remember, but it's probably just best to refund the money and move on.